We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT's Effect On and Suppression of Dreams Options

autodidactus
#1 Posted : 10/18/2012 10:20:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

does anyone here notice any effect on their dreams after using dmt? sometimes i don't have any dreams for a couple days after and other times i have some pretty messed up dreams, i guess you could call them nightmares. this most recent time i had a couple lucids the morning after but i think that might have had something to do with me taking choline right before going to bed. one of my dreams though prior to the lucids i was getting beat up by a group of people.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 10/19/2012 12:27:28 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

theres been quite a bit of discussion on this topic. most, myself included, seem to notice that dmt just tends to make dreams much more bizarre, vivid, and perhaps lucid. i definitely haven't noticed a suppression of dreams, more like the opposite

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

SKA
#3 Posted : 10/19/2012 2:01:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have found both to be the case. When I've smoked DMT close to bedtime I've had most bizarre dreams,
but also I found them very difficult & hazy to remember. But that could also be because I often smoke
DMT with cannabis in joints. Smoking a DMT joint is a very gradual, easy to control ascent into hyperspace.
I use tobacco as the smoking medium, but allways add cannabis for taste, because otherwise I can't stand
the taste of the smoke.

I did find that smoking some Changa made from B.Caapi infused with spice (in a similair joint)
produced visions that were much slower, more gentle, more earthly(less abstract) and more easily
remembered afterwards. That Changa was brought to me by a friend one day. Have yet failed to make
such potent Changa myself.

autodidactus
#4 Posted : 10/19/2012 5:07:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

my dreams are bizarre in general but when i've done dmt within the last couple days they tend to be negative and violent. EDIT: actually not so much after this most recent one but i have been sleeping on my back to try and have lucids and that sometimes gives me negative dreams, so maybe that's what it was recently

i used to have a lot of dreams about bears and i thought maybe they were my spirit animal or something haha but then since i've done dmt i haven't had any dreams with bears. in fact the first dream i had after doing it for the first time i dreamt of the bears leaving... in the same dream a lioness attacked me.

another dream i had after doing dmt satan phased his hand through my chest and stopped my heart. that one was fucked up haha. i'm not sure if i have these because deep down i feel like maybe it's bad to do dmt and i'm feeling guilty or something idk. i have issues i guess lol

but yea SKA it's not so much that i don't have the dreams i just don't remember them i think whereas usually i have decent dream recall.

SmoovPnCali
#5 Posted : 10/19/2012 6:12:35 PM

Reality is a matter of perspective...

I have not noticed any suppression of dreams form the molecule. In fact, I like to have a low dose of DMT sometimes when I can't sleep. The euphoria I get from a low dose puts me right to sleep. Babies don't sleep that good. My dreams are the same as if I didn't have any DMT. Weed on the other hand....no dreams at all.

autodidactus
#6 Posted : 10/20/2012 6:47:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yea i'm thinking this is all in my head. had a really fucked up one last night, didn't even sleep on my back. probably just because i've been thinking about this though. gonna have to do some positive thinking.

i recently stopped smoking cannabis actually to help with lucid dreaming and some other reasons. cut down to once every week or two and then went 40 days without smoking in the summer and it was pretty nice. before doing that weed didn't really have much effect on my dreams and i'd been smoking pretty much daily for years. i was having trouble remembering them though when i was smoking just once a week and that's why i took the 40 days off. i was hoping it would reset me pretty much. it worked but then i went back to smoking everyday after haha. my intention was to just go back to smoking once or twice a week but i messed up. that totally messed with me though and weed had unpredictable effects on my dreams. some days i wouldn't remember any etc. it was mostly negative, i didn't have any lucids during that 30 days i smoked daily. haven't smoked in 2 weeks though (would've been 3 but i smoked 2 weekends ago) but i feel like i would've been better off without fucking up and smoking daily again... felt clearer the 2nd week of that 40 days than i do this time, that's for sure. 30 of that 40 days was completely sober too

went totally off topic there whatever haha

RayTracer
#7 Posted : 11/3/2012 10:02:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Me and some friends of mine have all noticed an increase in dreams and the dreams being more vivid after taking trips into hyperspace. Definitely not suppression of dreams, quite the opposite.
I am completely convinced that there is a wealth of information built into us, with miles of intuitive knowledge tucked away in the genetic material of every one of our cells. Something akin to a library containing uncountable reference volumes, but without any obvious route of entry. And, without some means of access, there is no way to even begin to guess at the extent and quality of what is there. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature. - Shulgin

Jin
#8 Posted : 11/4/2012 5:46:19 AM

yes

universecannon wrote:
most, myself included, seem to notice that dmt just tends to make dreams much more bizarre, vivid, and perhaps lucid. i definitely haven't noticed a suppression of dreams, more like the opposite

definetly , i smoked some yesterday had the most amazing dream , all i can remember is i was in a adam sandler movie , pissin off people and havin fun
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

GoodApollo
#9 Posted : 11/4/2012 11:14:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SmoovPnCali wrote:
Weed on the other hand....no dreams at all.

I don't think weed actually stops you from dreaming, rather the effect it has on your short-term memory stops you from remembering them.

As for DMT, I have had the most effed up dreams sometimes after tripping. Not all the time, just sometimes. One in particular was very vivid and unpleasant, so now I smoke a blunt before I go to bed after tripping.
Changes come.
Keep your dignity.
Take the high road.
Take it like a man.

smoalker
#10 Posted : 11/4/2012 9:14:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I notice I have a higher chance of sleep paralysis and very vivid dreams for a few days after I vape.

MomentOfTruth
#11 Posted : 11/5/2012 5:10:00 PM

Astro-Travellin

I used to be a heavy cannabis smoker, and therefore i had pretty much smoked so much that i had forgotten about dreaming completely. I started doing a lot of research on lucid dreaming and cut way back on the smoking, especially in the hours leading up to bedtime. I noticed an instant increase in dream recall. This was 4-5 years ago. Ever since then i have been having progressively more vivid dreams, more lucid dreams, and more bizarre circumstances in my dreams.

The last two years i've had a huge increase in apocolyptic dreams. They are either about alien apocolypse or some sort of circumstance where the earth is cleansing itself of humans.
Sometimes i'll even have dreams where alien apolocolypse and zombie apocolypse happen simultanueously and the aliens put us in these giant outdoor cages and observe us trying to survie the zombies.

Lately they've been getting more and more bizarre and incrementally more real. The physical sensations that i'm beginning to have in my dreams are so profound that sometimes i can't tell the difference between dream and reality.

With all that being said, i do think that my dmt use has effected my dreams. I feel like it has been adding to the clarity of the dreams and making them increasingly more bizarre.

I have no proof of this. But this is what i have observed.
Coinci-Transcendentalism

Parshvik Chintan
#12 Posted : 11/6/2012 9:58:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MomentOfTruth wrote:
I used to be a heavy cannabis smoker, and therefore i had pretty much smoked so much that i had forgotten about dreaming completely. I started doing a lot of research on lucid dreaming and cut way back on the smoking, especially in the hours leading up to bedtime. I noticed an instant increase in dream recall.

this has been my experience as well
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Mystic0
#13 Posted : 11/18/2012 12:00:53 AM

Ninja of Consciousness

My memories hazy on this but after my first DMT experience I didn't have any dream's for a few days, maybe a week after. However, my dream's now have become MUCH more vivid, the more I seem to cleanse my body from filth (tap water, bad food's) and the more I keep practicing meditation/lucid dreaming, the more intense my dreams are becoming..
One can drive himself to madness in the obsessing goal of reason, without the knowledge of love and laughter.

RayTracer
#14 Posted : 11/25/2012 2:31:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had the most vivid dream the other night after traveling in hyperspace. This is just an excerpt: knocking on a hotel door...when a young man opens the door. I tell him I'm here to see Terence. I'm ushered into the room, that's when I see Mckenna...he's lying down on the bed. I notice a contusion about the size of a tennis ball bulging out of his head near the neck. Terence is in pain, but not annoyed that I'm there.

I tell Terence that I'm from the future...I pull out my iPad to prove to him I'm not joking. His eyes widen. I commense to tell him how a lot more people read his books and how extraction has taken off. He looks astonished, but not surprised.

Just an excerpt. It was really cool. I love McKenna, but like an elder told me a long time ago when i was a young man and started reading Archaic Revival....don't blindly except everything you read... I don't agree with everything the man wrote. I do love his psychedelic bard style. Anyway it was nice visiting with him in my post-dmt vivid dream state.

I am completely convinced that there is a wealth of information built into us, with miles of intuitive knowledge tucked away in the genetic material of every one of our cells. Something akin to a library containing uncountable reference volumes, but without any obvious route of entry. And, without some means of access, there is no way to even begin to guess at the extent and quality of what is there. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature. - Shulgin

3rdI
#15 Posted : 11/25/2012 10:14:20 AM

veni, vidi, spici

My dreams have gone haywire since I began using DMT, I regularly wake myself up a couple of times a night because they are so vivid. I miss having a solid nights sleepCrying or very sad
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year