We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Got me a new Spice Device!! Options

WSaged
#1 Posted : 2/28/2009 1:50:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I moved into a new place a couple of months ago & in the process, broke the glass bubbler I had been using for DMT vaporizing. This sucked because it took me about 8 months of trying glass bulbs, the ash sandwich (?great name for a band?) & every other method I could think up or read about to find a reliable tool for spice intake.
That particular bubbler, with a piece of Brillo in the bowl, worked every time!! And it was smooth & tasteless too!!!

Anyway, since the move I've been searching for a new bubbler, or maybe a bong that works as well as the old one did. I've gone thru a little plastic bong, a Vaporgenie, and the ash sandwich again, even the little plastic bong with the Vaporgenie top on it!!
Some of them worked some of the time but nothing has been reliable & worked every time like my old device did.
I now love the Vaporgenie for herb, but I just didn't have the luck others have had with it & DMT crystals.
BTW, How are you guys using your Genie with spice?

Well tonight I found exactly what I've been looking for, a simple, little, glass bong with a pull stem & an angled top half!!
I have not tried it yet, but I plan to tonight.

Here is a pic of my cool new Spice Device!!!

What ya think?

WS
WSaged attached the following image(s):
Vape pipe.jpg (23kb) downloaded 267 time(s).
Vape w-hand.jpg (34kb) downloaded 269 time(s).
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

coz42
#2 Posted : 2/28/2009 2:03:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Go pack yourself up something nice,

and go nuclear

Very happy
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

WSaged
#3 Posted : 2/28/2009 2:10:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

coz42 wrote:
Go pack yourself up something nice,

and go nuclear

Yes Sir!!
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darkbb
#4 Posted : 2/28/2009 2:34:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I like it. I just aquired a new bong also I think its a bit too big to be smoking spice out of though. have you tried this pipe yet?

vovin
#5 Posted : 2/28/2009 2:40:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

your not using water while you smoke thru the bong are you. Spice is water soluble. I'm sure you prolly knew this just wanted to make sure. As far as it's effectiveness this is a great device I used something much much like it when I experimented many years ago. You can build up a chamber of smoke and it's not so difficult to intake without coughing. Usually results in a 1 hit break thru.

When it gets cruddy take some naptha and fill the chamber full. let it soak for a day or two vap off the naptha for some gummy leftovers.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

Darkbb
#6 Posted : 2/28/2009 2:48:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

warrensaged. Did you use water when you were using your bubbler because I have a bubbler also and I used water which has provided me with some very very smooth smoke(like breathing in warm humid water vapor) and very very strong trips.

vovin. DMT may be soluble in water but the ammount of dmt that gets caught in the water compared to the ammount of dmt on the inside of the bubble in the water is much smaller. It works you should try it.

memo
#7 Posted : 2/28/2009 2:48:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM thought about making something like the machine but when he took some coarse steel wool and put a flame to it he saw that some of it oxidized and was afraid that this might happen when smoking spice. SWIM's new favorite way is to sandwich it between layers of dry Caapi leaf and smoke it in a bowl.
Avatar art created by unknown Cambodian or Laotian. Everything else is fiction.

WSaged
#8 Posted : 2/28/2009 2:58:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
your not using water while you smoke thru the bong are you. Spice is water soluble. I'm sure you prolly knew this just wanted to make sure.

Actually, I do put a little bit of room temp water in there.

I've tried it extensively with & without water. Just enough water to make it bubble a little, makes it soooo much more smooth, but does not effect the potency at all. Or if it does, I am able to get such bigger hits with the water smoothing it out, that the effects of the water on the DMT is mute.

I don't think the vapor is in there long enough to do much dissolving, I don't hit it like a pot bong, I fill the tube with vapor & pull, fill the tube again, pull again,& so on etc... One full hit might take 10-15 little pulls & the vapor is only in the water, &/or tube for a second or so.

A water pipe with the DMT melted into a piece of Brillo in the bowl (& water in the chamber), has always worked best for me, out of all the commonly known methods, I've used a lot of them.

Try it out!

Quote:
SWIM thought about making something like the machine but when he took some coarse steel wool and put a flame to it he saw that some of it oxidized and was afraid that this might happen when smoking spice. SWIM's new favorite way is to sandwich it between layers of dry Caapi leaf and smoke it in a bowl.

You have to "cook" off the brass-like coating until the steel or copper is clean, before putting it in the bowl!!
Also, certain brands of these copper scouring pads are thinner, weaker metal than others, so they burn up instead of heating up just right. So check em out first!!!
And No Steel Wool!!! It burns up fast & toxic!!
I bought a 2-pack of no-name brand, "Copper Scouring Pads" at the grocery store months ago. When I need a new piece, I just cut off a chunk and cook off the brassy shit, then I wash it under running water & let it dry completely before using it. I still have 1-1/2 of the 2 left!!

The Cappi bed is a nice idea!! Is the leaf enough to potentate the DMT?

WS

WSaged
#9 Posted : 2/28/2009 5:00:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OK so I tried the new DMTube and it works great, almost better than my old bubbler!!!

Only problem is the pull-stem is a bit of a chore to work after the first effects start to surface. It would be better if it had a thumb-carb instead of the pull-stem!!
It was just a bit more difficult to clear the tube after filling it each time, as I have to pull the stem out and get it back in a couple of times, in order to get one full hit. The first one or two where easy enough but like I said, during that third hit it was a bit hard to see what I was doing.
The tube looked 16 inches long, it was hard enough just to light it correctly!!

It will just take some getting used to, a technique to figure out.
Other then that one small issue, it was definitely smoother and delivered even better than my trustee ole' bubbler did.
Rest its...??soul??

Cheers, with a big smile on my face!!

WS

Faust
#10 Posted : 3/1/2009 2:38:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

She's a beauty!

I hope those are glass on glass connections because that's the only way to do it.

Did you use water or no? I highly recommend water.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Sir Isaac Newton

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

GirlsHateMe
#11 Posted : 3/1/2009 3:52:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Please explain to me why glass on glass is the only way to do it. Other than feeling fancy, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Ive had to explain this to people before and they dont seem to understand, an air tight seal with a rubber gasket or ring, is the same air tight seal you have from your over priced laser cut glass on glass etched bowl.

So why should I fork over an extra 50-150 bucks, for that?
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. - Ephesians 6:12-13

GHM is an internet handle, a fictional one at that, the person I portray in no way depicts real life actions and or opinions. After all, whats the internet for besides pretending to be someone you arent! Also, no girls do not really hate me.

Faust
#12 Posted : 3/1/2009 4:22:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GirlsHateMe wrote:
Please explain to me why glass on glass is the only way to do it. Other than feeling fancy, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Ive had to explain this to people before and they dont seem to understand, an air tight seal with a rubber gasket or ring, is the same air tight seal you have from your over priced laser cut glass on glass etched bowl.

So why should I fork over an extra 50-150 bucks, for that?

The difference is one of flavor and not of the tightness of the seal. In truth the smoke is more pure when using pure glass connections rather than joints of dissimilar materials.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Sir Isaac Newton

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

GirlsHateMe
#13 Posted : 3/1/2009 6:39:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You're kidding right?

You're trying to tell me the contact, with less than fractions of a mm, of a rubber ring, for fractions of a second, is noticeably changing the flavor of any smoke?

And thats to even go as far as to say the smoke really even touches that ring, if it does its such an insignificant amount of the smoke.

And the idea that its changing the flavor of the smoke?

Seriously? Really? That's a new one to me man...seriously...ive had both, and id bet money you couldnt tell in a double blind taste test. Good money, and I dont gamble.

LOL, but if it makes you happy man, rock on!

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. - Ephesians 6:12-13

GHM is an internet handle, a fictional one at that, the person I portray in no way depicts real life actions and or opinions. After all, whats the internet for besides pretending to be someone you arent! Also, no girls do not really hate me.

amor_fati
#14 Posted : 3/1/2009 8:20:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Yeah, the kind of rubber that's generally used for such purposes is generally a pretty hefty rubber. If acetone won't eat it (as seems the case with SWIM's, though he avoids testing it as much as possible), it's doubtful that spice vapor will react with it, let alone form a volatile product. SWIM would love to get his hands on a lab-glass piece though!

Warrensaged is actually the one who opened SWIM's eyes to the use of a bubbler w/ water for smoking spice, and SWIM can't imagine ever doing it differently.

GirlsHateMe
#15 Posted : 3/1/2009 9:05:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I actually would like to say I was talking about pot smoke, I havent the slightest idea if it changes the dmt smoke taste, but the above poster seems to think that wouldn't be the case.

WSaged
#16 Posted : 3/2/2009 1:17:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Warrensaged is actually the one who opened SWIM's eyes to the use of a bubbler w/ water for smoking spice, and SWIM can't imagine ever doing it differently.

Glad I could help!!
And I know what you mean, after I broke my old bubbler, I tried a lot of other methods nothing compares!!
I am so happy to have finally found another reliable vaping device, but I may still keep an eye out for a new bubbler, or a way to put a thumb-carb in this new bong without breaking it.

Yes Faust, I did use water with it. No diff in potency, only smoothness!

WS