We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
Kash's Advanced LSA Extraction Options

mew
#21 Posted : 8/29/2012 3:23:14 PM

huachumancer

any reason you left it/used it as a freebase vs a salt? or was it that you consumed it all on the spot anyway?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Kash
#22 Posted : 9/2/2012 8:00:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

Very cool eliyahu. Like to see people trying and testing different chems with the tek, though some dont extract as well as others yeild-wise. How did the final naptha evap product turn out and were there any emulsions? Also am guessing you got some nausea because you performed no naptha defat lol.

--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

MomentOfTruth
#23 Posted : 9/10/2012 7:01:46 PM

Astro-Travellin

Does anyone else have any experience doing this same extraction but replacing the Toulene with Naphtha/Xylene/heptane?

I really want to try this out but i only have access to the aforementioned solvents.

I have found several Toulene/Methanol combo solvents but no 100% toulene. In theory i beleive i could do a liquid/liquid extraction by adding water to the toulene/methanol mix and since toulene is not soluble in water i should be able to isolate it from the methanol/water solution, but that is about as close as i could get.

I guess i'm wondering what the benefit is of using toulene rather than any of the other NP solvents mentioned?

Thanks!
Coinci-Transcendentalism

Kash
#24 Posted : 9/10/2012 7:59:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Toluene is clean, doesnt smell too bad, extracts well, and is fairly easy to procure at a hardware store under "toluol". Xylene should work just as well but is pretty smelly and suspicious smelling if you have nosey relatives/neighbors.

Naptha likely wouldnt extract as well and might reduce yeild, but could probably be used. Heptane would probably behave similar to naptha.
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

MomentOfTruth
#25 Posted : 9/10/2012 9:01:46 PM

Astro-Travellin

I appreciate the quick response, Kash. I have some xylene already so i might try using that. Since it will only be a very small amount of xylene i don't think the horrible smell will be too much of an issue. Thank you sir! I will let you know how it goes when i get a chance to sit down and do the extraction!
Coinci-Transcendentalism

Mr.Peabody
#26 Posted : 10/20/2012 1:26:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Any difference in the morning glory from HBWR, Eliyahu?

Also, what does the peppermint oil do? I have read conflicting things, so I was just wondering. I did morning glory and HBWR, but each time I would just get sleepy and sick. I'm hoping this will be good. LSD is so hard to find, so it would be nice if I could make something close. I think I'll try this and let you know my results, as well!
Be an adult only when necessary.

Kash
#27 Posted : 10/27/2012 2:34:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Basically, peppermint oil is dirt cheap from any grocery store and it theoretically converts LSA to the LSH which has a very similar structure to lsd, so mix it it cant hurt your odds. Swim has tried a 20 seed extract without peppermint oil and it seemed uncomfortable and sedating with no visuals, while every time he has added peppermint oil he has gotten visuals. Coincidence? ... maybe, but it is best to play it safe imho.

benzyme
#28 Posted : 10/27/2012 5:14:36 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

it's a weak theory (the conversion) at best, there's likely something else [pharmacologically] going on because reaction equilibria doesn't favor LSH formation. LSH readily dissociates (into LSA and acetaldehyde, MAOIs won't prevent this) once it's ingested, and there is scant information about its activity.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Mr.Peabody
#29 Posted : 10/27/2012 6:54:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^^ This is what I had read, also. BUT cheap oil + your experience means I'm on it!

Thanks for this tek, by the way. I'm excited to give the seeds another try, and I'll be especially happy if it's as good for me as you! I have no luck finding LSD!
Be an adult only when necessary.

aliendreamtime
#30 Posted : 11/16/2012 2:34:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"it's a weak theory (the conversion) at best, there's likely something else [pharmacologically] going on because reaction equilibria doesn't favor LSH formation."

How might one make it favorable?

benzyme
#31 Posted : 11/16/2012 5:18:42 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

remove conditions that would induce oxidation..it's not a practical undertaking. cleavage of the adduct is basically spontaneous.

again, there is likely other physiological/pharmacological interactions going on following ingestion, but calling it LSH is likely an inaccurate assessment. It's just not very stable.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

dehingoli
#32 Posted : 1/18/2013 9:33:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

drinkable ethanol?
is bacardi 151 rum workable?
- my signature has been temporarily moved to another dimension.

Kash
#33 Posted : 2/8/2013 5:20:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dehingoli wrote:
drinkable ethanol?
is bacardi 151 rum workable?

Probably would be fine as long as its not exposed to air and light. Dont quote me on that though. Really just best to use a purer high proof alcohol that is clear.

aliendreamtime
#34 Posted : 2/10/2013 7:43:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ever try feeze-precip instead of evap for the last isolation?

Kash
#35 Posted : 2/10/2013 9:06:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

aliendreamtime wrote:
Ever try feeze-precip instead of evap for the last isolation?

It needs to be in salt form since freebase is too instable. But yes, it produces a small amount of fine powder that is nearly impossible to filter/collect. It would be interesting to try a slow crystallization though, might produce better results. Maybe in a future project.

I have heard of LSA being precipitated in combination with sodium bicarb where the lsa collects on the sodium bicarb flakes to make small crystals, but people who tried to replicate the process had little success.

aliendreamtime
#36 Posted : 2/21/2013 11:25:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Indeed...I was one of them Rolling eyes

Thanks for this tek Kash.

One more question: Is there vasconstriction w/ bioassay?

Compared to simple acidic water extraction/eating seed pulp?

Kash
#37 Posted : 2/26/2013 6:51:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Using this tek the only vasoconstriction I had was with a 50+ seed dose, and it was pretty minor. Basically just cold hands and feet. At a 50+ seed dose that wasnt of much concern though lol, it was a pretty insane experience sailing through the cosmos. Laughing

aliendreamtime
#38 Posted : 3/21/2013 10:28:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How badly does microwaving ammonia smell? How long do you nuke it with MgSO4?

What concentration did you start with?

Kash
#39 Posted : 3/21/2013 11:36:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lol I would not ever recommend microwaving ammonia... does not seem like a good idea. What are you refering to?

aliendreamtime
#40 Posted : 3/22/2013 8:43:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MgSO4 in ammonia to remove the water.

Its not flammable but it didnt seem right to me either

Do you just leave the MgSO4 in the ammonia for a while? Double boil?

PREV1234NEXT»