We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV3456NEXT
All About Aya <3 Options

nexalizer
#81 Posted : 1/19/2012 4:37:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Where it says:

*It is impossible to say how much water is necessary for a brew. Bring the water to a boil, and then reduce heat to keep the water just above the threshold of boiling.

Shouldn't it be "below" ?

Regarding reducing, how is it done, boiling or simmering?

Finally, how would the procedure differ if one were to prepare P. Viridis apart from Caapi? Info gathered from several sources suggests that one round of about 1h30 should be enough.

Very informative thread, BTW.
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ragabr
#82 Posted : 1/19/2012 5:49:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phantastica wrote:
quick questionVery happy
can i use an aluminum pot with a stainless steel coating to brew aya? thanks a lot<3

Yes, this will work fine!
nexalizer wrote:
*It is impossible to say how much water is necessary for a brew. Bring the water to a boil, and then reduce heat to keep the water just above the threshold of boiling.

Shouldn't it be "below" ?
Regarding reducing, how is it done, boiling or simmering?

Yes, you want to brew and reduce at a high simmer. A long boil seems to caramelize the caapi, making it more difficult to keep down.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Phantastica
#83 Posted : 1/19/2012 6:30:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cool ragabar thanks!Very happy
<3
<3

nexalizer
#84 Posted : 1/21/2012 11:56:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ragabr wrote:

Yes, you want to brew and reduce at a high simmer. A long boil seems to caramelize the caapi, making it more difficult to keep down.

Noted, thank youSmile
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

entheogenadvocate
#85 Posted : 1/31/2012 3:54:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just wanted to send out good vibes, a hug, and a heartfelt "thank you" to you, Ms_manic_minxx!!

Because of the 9 hour brew time, I had only partaken of aya brews a few times. However, after reading your OP, my desire to experiment with caapi brews was rejuvenated because I naively didn't think about the fact that I could brew multiple doses at a time and store them in jars in the freezer after boiling.

Your attention to detail was beautiful. Your instructions of "watch the smoke, see how the brew changes over time and don't leave it, as energy in is energy out!" (sorry, paraphrased) really reflected your love and respect for this sacrament. The positive energy reverberating from your post was such an inspiration to dig into aya and myself.

Again, because of your post, I now have 4 brews of love and introspection remaining in my freezer. I started out with 6 Smile

Peace and Happy Journeys Smile

All posts are completely fictional and for educational purposes only

DiaMondTongue
#86 Posted : 4/15/2012 9:04:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the guidance... I was going to make some pharmahuasca but I see the love and energy that you have put into this and I have been inspired. Thanks again x

JohnnySwar
#87 Posted : 4/16/2012 8:38:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would like to say thnak you for posting this.... it is inspirational and has allowed me to overcome the fear of brewing myself and messing up steps or forgetting them in the process. Many thanks are in order for this Ms_... I have longed for the comforting touch of Aya for almost a year now. my mind and body both telling me its time and overdue for another session, just this time I will not have to travel to South America in order to get a correct brew!

olio
#88 Posted : 5/15/2012 4:34:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for this amazing resource. I'm presently brewing 150g of caapi and 100g of chacruna. Blessings to this brew.
It was the fabled year 2012. Within the seemingly doomed and feeble slave-species of homo-sapien sapien a minute percentage began experimenting with various forms of psycho-active plant allies and thought manifestation techniques. Unbeknownst to them, this would be the birthing of a new sub-species, the highest form of Life in the universe. With the assistance of these timeless plant teachers a new race was born, a race without boundaries, physical or mental, a race without judgement or violence. Divinity had descended upon the inconspicuous planet of Earth and cosmic-man was born.

LionDragon
#89 Posted : 10/18/2012 1:00:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First off I want to thank everyone, especially minxx, for ongoing contributions to this thread.

Unfortunately I'm not finding the information as clear and immediately helpful as everyone else. The most confusing part for me is how much water to start with and how to adequately measure the amount of water when reducing. I'll number my questions so it's easier for somebody to respond if he/she feels inclined to do so:

1) Can I basically use anywhere from one cup of water to a gallon and it won't make any difference in the end so long as I properly reduce my brew?

2) How am I supposed to know when my brew has been sufficiently reduced?

3) What does "light" mean in the context of "vine first, light ~20 minutes later"?

4) What would happen if I poured some extra Aya into a mason jar and put it in the refrigerator for a week or so without "sterilizing" or "pasteurizing" it?

5) Is it ever advisable to consume a brew consisting of BOTH Syrian rue and Banisteriopsis caapi? Why or why not?

The Ayahuasca brewing process seems to be a bit more loose than the DMT extraction TEKs I've studied and performed over the past year, and that makes me slightly anxious. I'm confident I can brew Aya just fine but I want to ensure all of my queries are answered beforehand to avoid anxieties cropping up during pre-flight or even mid-journey. I'm very scientifically inclined and feel somewhat lost without step-by-step instructions coinciding exact measurements and specifics relating to every last detail. Sorry if I'm coming off as a pain in the ass; I just want to ensure I have the most positive experience possible!

Thanks again to everyone for your insight and input thus far. I'm definitely a lot closer to feeling comfortable brewing Aya than I've ever been!

ganesha
#90 Posted : 10/18/2012 4:49:34 PM

remember,happiness doesn´t depend on who you are or what you have,It´s depends solely on what you think d

Hi. I agree with you Lion<dragon,is always good make the right things to obtain the right experience, and is also tru what entheogenadvocate says.....much respect is advise in the brewing/extraction/use of this sacred molecule.

Im haven´t to much experience with the caapi brews. Lately I find some shedred caapi vine. Yesterdeay I took 5 gr and soak it in hot water with a PH of 3 (obtained by phosphoric acid). I keep the tea all night soaking ....My question is.....It is possible and safe to smoalk freebase DMT on top of the tea?.....

I thank you from know....king regards

ganesha
#91 Posted : 10/18/2012 4:54:50 PM

remember,happiness doesn´t depend on who you are or what you have,It´s depends solely on what you think d

Hi. I agree with you Lion<dragon,is always good make the right things to obtain the right experience, and is also tru what entheogenadvocate says.....much respect is advise in the brewing/extraction/use of this sacred molecule.

Im haven´t to much experience with the caapi brews. Lately I find some shedred caapi vine. Yesterdeay I took 5 gr and soak it in hot water with a PH of 3 (obtained by phosphoric acid). I keep the tea all night soaking ....My question is.....It is possible and safe to smoalk freebase DMT on top of the tea?.....

dreamer042
#92 Posted : 10/18/2012 5:34:14 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

LionDragon wrote:
First off I want to thank everyone, especially minxx, for ongoing contributions to this thread.

Unfortunately I'm not finding the information as clear and immediately helpful as everyone else. The most confusing part for me is how much water to start with and how to adequately measure the amount of water when reducing. I'll number my questions so it's easier for somebody to respond if he/she feels inclined to do so:

1) Can I basically use anywhere from one cup of water to a gallon and it won't make any difference in the end so long as I properly reduce my brew?

3) What does "light" mean in the context of "vine first, light ~20 minutes later"?

4) What would happen if I poured some extra Aya into a mason jar and put it in the refrigerator for a week or so without "sterilizing" or "pasteurizing" it?

5) Is it ever advisable to consume a brew consisting of BOTH Syrian rue and Banisteriopsis caapi? Why or why not?

The Ayahuasca brewing process seems to be a bit more loose than the DMT extraction TEKs I've studied and performed over the past year, and that makes me slightly anxious. I'm confident I can brew Aya just fine but I want to ensure all of my queries are answered beforehand to avoid anxieties cropping up during pre-flight or even mid-journey. I'm very scientifically inclined and feel somewhat lost without step-by-step instructions coinciding exact measurements and specifics relating to every last detail. Sorry if I'm coming off as a pain in the ass; I just want to ensure I have the most positive experience possible!

Thanks again to everyone for your insight and input thus far. I'm definitely a lot closer to feeling comfortable brewing Aya than I've ever been!

-Yes that is correct, as long as the botanical material is submerged in the water throughout the brewing process, the amount you use doesn't really matter since you will be reducing it to a small drinkable amount in the end.

-Your brew is sufficiently reduced when you have it down to an amount that is easily drinkable, about the amount that will fit a shot glass is what I shoot for. If you reduce too much the brew will become thick and syrupy, this can be remedied by simply adding a touch more water to thin it out.

-"Light" refers to the dmt containing admixture plant.

-the tea is basically "pasteurized" when you brew it. It will store fine inthe refrigerator for months and in the freezer for basically an indefinite amount of time. It will even tend to last for weeks without being refrigerated at all, though it will ferment, fermented brew is perfectly safe to drink so long as it has not molded. If there is any doubt you can simply re-boil the tea for a while to kill any mold or pathogens that may have formed in your brew.

Many people like to add a bit of rue to their huasca brews, some say it adds a bit more depth to the experience. I would advise waiting till you are already familiar with a traditional caapi and a traditional rue brew before combining them.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

dreamer042
#93 Posted : 10/18/2012 5:35:19 PM

Dreamoar

ganesha wrote:

Yes, it is fine to vape dmt on top of a caapi tea. In fact, it's my favorite method and I highly recommend it. Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

LionDragon
#94 Posted : 10/18/2012 11:06:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you VERY VERY much, dreamer! You gave the exact clarifications I was looking for; looks like I'll be starting the brewing process this evening. I'm so excited! Big grin

ganesha
#95 Posted : 10/19/2012 12:08:28 AM

I thank you very much,dreamer...do you think it is my personal receipe,the one that I post above, right ?I mean,do you think is gona work?? Could you give me some help in finding a tread about making a Caapi tea?
Anyway I will try the one I already brew,I think tomorrow night will be perfect! I have in mind to vape about 30mg of Spice over the tea.

dreamer042
#96 Posted : 10/19/2012 12:22:35 AM

Dreamoar

ganesha wrote:
I thank you very much,dreamer...do you think it is my personal receipe,the one that I post above, right ?I mean,do you think is gona work?? Could you give me some help in finding a tread about making a Caapi tea?
Anyway I will try the one I already brew,I think tomorrow night will be perfect! I have in mind to vape about 30mg of Spice over the tea.

Well I would recommend using a lot more than 5 grams,you won't get much effect from that, perhaps a bit of a mood lift. I would shoot for more like 30-50 grams to start. Also, it would be better to do multiple pulls on it with heat to get everything out. If you read the first post in this thread it should tell you everything you need to know. You may also find the link in my signature titled "Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca" helpful.

Haapi journeying Smile

LionDragon
#97 Posted : 10/19/2012 2:41:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I started my brew and so far everything is going wonderfully, at least with the B. caapi.

The MHRB brew on the other hand seems to be unable to separate the powdered bark from the water, so if I pour it through a shirt I'm afraid all the MHRB powder will come along with it and get stuck to the shirt, leaving me with nothing left to boil for the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any advice?

dreamer042
#98 Posted : 10/19/2012 2:52:50 AM

Dreamoar

LionDragon wrote:
So I started my brew and so far everything is going wonderfully, at least with the B. caapi.

The MHRB brew on the other hand seems to be unable to separate the powdered bark from the water, so if I pour it through a shirt I'm afraid all the MHRB powder will come along with it and get stuck to the shirt, leaving me with nothing left to boil for the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any advice?

At this point just pour it through the shirt and let all the water steep out, then from here you have a couple choices. You can just bundle the shirt up around it and use it like a giant tea bag for the next boils, or you can just dump the powder from the shirt back into the pot for the next boil and just proceed with that method.

Protip for the future, put the powdered bark in the corner of a pillowcase and tie it off to use as a giant tea bag. Cool

LionDragon
#99 Posted : 10/19/2012 3:00:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Such expert advice, and thanks for responding so quickly! I'll report back with which method I end up using and how it went. Smile

Thanks again!

LionDragon
#100 Posted : 10/19/2012 9:13:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

All right, so I just finished the third boil and ended up using the T-shirt tea-bag method you suggested. Using powdered MHRB and B. caapi, I'm already learning, is a pain to deal with. In the future I'll be looking to explore shredded ingredients. That said the tea-bag method worked very well with the MHRB!

I brewed 1 pound (~454 grams) of B. caapi and 15 grams of MHRB. I don't plan to consume all the MHRB brew at once; I just wanted to make sure I had more than enough to test the waters and slowly increase my dosage if needed.

For my first experience I'm going to consume the B. caapi by itself, and I'm wondering how to properly measure it since I made so much at once. I want to try 50 grams my first time so am I correct in thinking 1/9th of my reduced brew will be roughly equal to 50 grams? I definitely don't want to overdo it.

Very excited to finally meet Mother Aya; I studied all aspects of both DMT and Aya for 2 years before my first DMT extraction and it's been over a year since then. I've had several profound journeys and finally feel ready to go deeper than ever before. I can't thank you all enough for making this possible.

I love this community!

«PREV3456NEXT