We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
dopamine from bananna peels? Options

SyZyGyPSy
#1 Posted : 2/7/2009 6:39:12 PM
Tryptophilese Metaphysticus Anomalopteris III

So Swim wanted me to ask you guys... he said he remembers reading somewhere an analysis that showed the presence of dopamine in bananna peels. He also recalls that dopamine can be used to increase the mescaline content of sacred cactus, as it is a metabolic precursor to said phenethylamine molecule.

So the question is... could one potentially do a quick A/B P/NP extraction on some bananna peels and get dopamine?

Also he's wondering if anyone knows... the tek he read for increasing mescaline production with dopamine called for injecting the dopamine directly into the cactus flesh. While that's probably the most effective means, he feels a little weird about violating Saint Peter in that way (he wants to make sure he's allowed access thru the pearly gates when the time comes, and not just poked with a bunch of spiny karmic cactus thorns!)

So would adding the dopamine directly to the soil substrate still have any benefits?

Anyone know?
Thanks,
Syz y gypsy
The Ultimate Secret of the Universe is that there is no Ultimate Secret of the Universe... there's just a bunch of stuff that happens.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Observant
#2 Posted : 2/10/2009 12:10:45 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Nice Thread !

Quote:
Chemical doping - There has been some pioneering work in this area done by Adam Gottlieb.

Increasing the levels of the precursors that lead to mescaline has proven to be a relatively quick and effective way to significantly increase the level of mescaline in a Cactus. There are three major precursors to mescaline, namely dopa, tyramine and dopamine. During mescaline synthesis in the plant, tyrosine is broken down into tyramine and dopa. These then combine to form dopamine, which is later converted to nor-mescaline, and of course mescaline.

It is possible to take advantage of this synthesis route, and use it to vastly increase the mescaline content of the Cactus that will be harvested.

This method can be used successfully on any mescaline bearing Cacti. The steps are as follows:

1. Withhold water from the plant 2 weeks prior to doping. This helps the plant to absorb any injected material more readily.

2. Prepare a saturated solution of free-base dopamine in a .05 N solution of HCL. If dopamine is not available a second best alternative is to use a mixture of tyramine and dopa.

3. Inject approximately 5cc of the solution, half towards the bottom of the plant by the roots. Inject the other half into the green tissue at the base of the plant, and in several other spots up the stem. Do this slowly ,carefully, leaving the needle in place for a few seconds to allow absorption.

4. Wait 4 to 8 weeks before harvest to let the additives metabolize and convert to mescaline. I would not stress the plant during this period, as an actively growing plant is necessary for efficient metabolism.

5. The harvest can be delayed further and a series of booster injections can be given every 6 - 8 weeks to bolster alkaloid levels even more.

Unfortunately many of these precursor compounds are hard to come by or controlled.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10725161
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

benzyme
#3 Posted : 2/17/2009 8:49:31 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

that's an interesting link there, associativum.

here's one that elaborates on that tek you quoted. dmso
is a useful delivery solvent, used in biotech for a while.

this has been an interest of mine for several years, though I never put much thought into it (plant enzymes are sort of picky about their substrates, and it's very difficult to replicate consistent results). still, this is certainly worth investigating. Smile
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Observant
#4 Posted : 2/20/2009 9:36:10 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Thanks for that Link benzyme ! Smile

I'm currently working on a Banana Peel Extraction , its currently in an opium like dark brownish tar stage.

Do you have information on the solubility of Dopamine in various solvents ?

I know its a water soluble ... now i need to clean it up further.. Maybe i can get some freebase out of it.
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

benzyme
#5 Posted : 2/27/2009 2:05:06 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

it's very soluble in alcohols and polar solvents, because of the two catechol hydroxyl groups.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

modsquad09
#6 Posted : 2/27/2009 2:51:05 AM

mods

I know l-tyrosine pills increase dopamine.. but i guess thats not straight up dopamine..
Everything above me is really a lie... think for yourself & question authority!

amor_fati
#7 Posted : 2/27/2009 3:09:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

benzyme
#8 Posted : 2/27/2009 4:30:20 AM

analytical chemist

great enzyme. it does the dirty work of breaking off CO2 from tryptophan, giving a byproduct of tryptamine (I say byproduct, because it's not a major product of tryptophan metabolism). methylation with indoleethylamine-n-methyltransferase gives NMT, and subsequently, DMT (similarly with endogenous bufotenine from serotonin)

bufoman
#9 Posted : 3/15/2009 5:02:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dopamine is very unstable. SWIM would be easy on the heat and quick on the time factor. Also a strong base will destroy the DA. Does anyone have information on the DA content of bananas?

BTW there has been much talk on the DOPAMINE INJECTION technique. Several people have tried without success. There is no true evidence done that conclusively shows this mechanism to be effective. There tend to be additional rate limiting factors for alkaloid product aside from precursor levels. Such as enzyme levels, transport mechanisms... It is possible that a small increase may occur however if SWIM has proper nutrients (high nitrogen content) it will likely not make a difference.

But no harm in trying. Tyrosine is a precursor to dopamine. One can buy tyrosine online or at health food stores. If DA would work no reason why tyrosine should not in theory although SWIM would be suprised if a significant difference is observed. If anyone finds this method to work please let everyone know. SWIM is not sure if tyrosine or DA could be absorbed by roots or if direct injection is required. It would be important to inject the right amount and in the right place to minimize damage to the plant.

Again there have been discussions on this (look online I will try to find them too) and it seems to be a theory that is not supported by evidence and is very unlikely based on the behavior of biosynthetic pathways.

amor_fati
#10 Posted : 3/15/2009 6:59:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think that household genetic engineering is too far off or out of the question for many on this forum.

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/12/30/diy-biohackers-in-th.html

After all, it's not like there's going to be any legitimate research into this any time soon, so someone's got to pick up the slack.

Observant
#11 Posted : 3/15/2009 1:15:25 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

bufoman wrote:
Does anyone have information on the DA content of bananas?

Hi Bufoman , this page (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10725161)states the following:

Quote:
Dopamine levels ranged from 80-560 mg per 100 g in peel and 2.5-10 mg in pulp, even in ripened bananas ready to eat. Banana is thus one of the antioxidative foods.

So far my goo is sitting around in Ethanol , it hasn't dissolved yet , i dont know if the dopamine is still present in the goo , but i think i will continue .. I think its time to add another solvent ...

Another precursor : http://www.ktbotanicals.com/l-dopa-p-6858.html

I would sure give DMSO a try , the needle doesnt sound so practical to me.

SyZyGyPSy
#12 Posted : 3/25/2009 3:54:21 AM
Tryptophilese Metaphysticus Anomalopteris III

Quote:
Something for consideration: Aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase

So tell me if I'm thinking along the right lines here...
Could one easily acquire some of this enzyme, and get some tryptophan from a health food store, toss in that cofactor pyridoxal phosphate, and react it all to get tryptamine? And then use this tryptamine in the substrate of some hypothetical trytpamine-hydroxylating fungal cultures?
Or would it be easier to just get tryptamine?
I realize this may be a stretch... I dunno the availability of either the AAAD enzyme or its cofactor. Probly not that readily available actually. I just seem to recall that tryptamine works in fungal substrate but is watched or difficult to acquire or something, whereas tryptophan is useless in substrate but can be easily acquired.
Again all this is from memory so sorry if I'm wrong about something.
Just had to ask Smile

Associativum, I'm interested to hear how your DA experiment is coming along?

Thanx to all!
The Ultimate Secret of the Universe is that there is no Ultimate Secret of the Universe... there's just a bunch of stuff that happens.

richierich_931
#13 Posted : 5/28/2011 6:25:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BUMP. Any results ?
Why can't the supernatural just be, natural? After all, supernatural is just a term for aspects of nature that we do not understand...

Listen to your heart, it's telling you you're homesick for a place you've never been

corpus callosum
#14 Posted : 5/28/2011 6:49:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Dopamine is used in medical practise in 2 main areas:
1.As a tablet also containg a peripheral decarboxylase inhibitor for use in treating Parkinsons Disease;

2.Neat dopamine solution used IV in Cardiac Units or more commonly ITU where its used to maintain blood pressure and renal perfusion in those who are suffering 'shock' (ie cardiac failiure, septicemia causing hypotension).

I have no idea what level of chemistry expertise is required to separate the dopamine from the decarboxylase inhibitor (eith carbidopa or benserazide).I do have a few capsules of L-dopamine/benserazide knocking about somewhere...
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

bindu
#15 Posted : 5/29/2011 12:29:47 AM

dont know much about dopamine

but about the dmso, its an excellent substance with many applications but one should really read up on the safety instructions before use

its not very toxic per se, but spilling a lot on a glove can dissolve the glove and get glove materials into your body through your skin

great stuff
blessed be all forms of intelligence

AlbertKLloyd
#16 Posted : 6/13/2011 6:36:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The banana peels contain a fairly large amount of dopamine when the are green, however this becomes isoquinline material like salsolidine and salsoline as they brown and age.

It might be possible to combine fresh juiced cactus fluid and fresh juiced green banana peels and have the enzymes from the cactus work on the dopamine from the peels, or perhaps the opposite would occur and the cactus alkaloids would become isoquinoline like alkaloids. Fermenting the two together might also be promising.