We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Only yielding yellow oil? Options

Thrift
#1 Posted : 1/23/2009 4:45:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm quiet familiar with the STB extraction and have performed it a few times with good results but I've recently run into a problem while changing up my routine.

I normally use 400g of mimosa at one time for my extractions but I thought I would try a smaller 100g extraction and see what kind of yields it would produce.

I used 100g of mimosa to 100g of lye with 1,500ml of water. Then I added 100ml of naptha and mixed it around as usual. I did 3 pulls and all of them didn't yield hardly anything. The first two has some crystals but still has a pretty good amount of oil with it and just gummed up when I tried to retrieve the crystals with a razor.

My third pull didn't yield any crystals but just an oily layer that refuses to dry and will literally drip off the razor after it is scraped up.

Whats going on here? Why am I pulling so much oil? Is this oil yielding any DMT at all but unable to crystallize because of the amount of oil? Or is it just all oil? Do you think I could wash this oil or do you think its just a waste of time because it won't yield hardly any crystals?

I'd appreciate any quick responses or insights on the matter as this is irritating me a lot and I'm temped to just scrap this extraction and start over with 400g again (I have plenty of mimosa left)

I've also provided some pictures of some of my recent successful pulls. Don't have any at the moment of the oil I'm speaking of but you've all seen it before and probably know what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the help!

Thrift attached the following image(s):
DSCF3028.JPG (1,527kb) downloaded 214 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

modsquad09
#2 Posted : 1/23/2009 4:48:57 AM

mods

looks fine to me id smoke it!
Everything above me is really a lie... think for yourself & question authority!

Thrift
#3 Posted : 1/24/2009 2:13:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

modsquad09 wrote:
looks fine to me id smoke it!

Thats not the oil I was speaking of.

Quote:
I've also provided some pictures of some of my recent successful pulls.

But I did scrap that extraction and started another 100g one and I was getting perfect yields again. I think my scales are screwy and there wasn't as much mimosa in the last slurry as I thought.

shoe
#4 Posted : 1/28/2009 9:18:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think SWIM might have encountered a simmelar problem a while back. He was evaporating his naptha pulls to end up with only a thin residue of yellowish oil.

I understand you're probably pretty frustrated with it. Im not 100% sure here, but I think the problem was that the NaOH/Mimosa wasn't given enough time to react. Additionally you can add more base.

This might not be the case for you though.
shoe

реР рднреВрд░реНрднреБрд╡: рд╕реНрд╡: рддрддреНрд╕рд╡рд┐рддреБрд░реНрд╡рд░реЗрдгреНрдпрдВ ред рднрд░реНрдЧреЛ рджреЗрд╡рд╕реНрдп рдзреАрдорд╣рд┐, рдзреАрдпреЛ рдпреЛ рди: рдкреНрд░рдЪреЛрджрдпрд╛рддреН
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

DarkShaman
#5 Posted : 1/29/2009 7:30:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM's STB from last night (one of many); SWIM was confused after scraping & piling b/c he thought that he was looking at a pile of pure peruvian cocaine, and not dmt. SWIM feels he has pinpointed a method of extracting clean, pure white dmt using the well-known Noman's STB method. Pearlescence!

Stay tuned & SWIM will fill you in on the details. In the meanwhile, SWIM must return to his meatball sub.

shoe
#6 Posted : 1/29/2009 9:26:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

h0 h0 h0 h0 !!! Looks like santa and his elves are coming Pleased

no seriously, thats some clean gear right there! Very happy well done
shoe

реР рднреВрд░реНрднреБрд╡: рд╕реНрд╡: рддрддреНрд╕рд╡рд┐рддреБрд░реНрд╡рд░реЗрдгреНрдпрдВ ред рднрд░реНрдЧреЛ рджреЗрд╡рд╕реНрдп рдзреАрдорд╣рд┐, рдзреАрдпреЛ рдпреЛ рди: рдкреНрд░рдЪреЛрджрдпрд╛рддреН

DarkShaman
#7 Posted : 1/29/2009 11:57:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

shoe wrote:
h0 h0 h0 h0 !!! Looks like santa and his elves are coming Pleased

no seriously, thats some clean gear right there! Very happy well done

Damn straight! Smile Ho ho ho & what not! I'll be posting details of this "White Christmas" research later on this evening.

BLAAKAA, BLAAKAA!!!

shoe
#8 Posted : 1/30/2009 12:14:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fantastic, though i'll have to skoot to bed soon. I'll get it in the 'morn :o)

Good luck, and remember, respect this stuff, it is immensely powerful, even when brown, tan, or yellow. Let alone white!

Also, If you want to increase efficiency, I was told that you can hold the tokes. (remember any exhaled vapour is just lost product.)
shoe

Jorkest
#9 Posted : 1/30/2009 2:38:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

20 seconds at LEAST..
it's a sound

DarkShaman
#10 Posted : 1/30/2009 3:17:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
20 seconds at LEAST..

Right, right! Although I have this problem with losing count after about 28 or so. . .

Jorkest
#11 Posted : 1/30/2009 3:20:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

hahha that doesnt sound like a problem to me!!
it's a sound

DarkShaman
#12 Posted : 1/30/2009 11:39:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright, so SWIM really enjoys the simplicity, speed, and yield that one can expect in situations involving the famous NOMAN'S TEK (all credit & respect due). SWIM was sad, though, due to the fact that although this is an excellent technique, SWIM's implementation of said technique was generally yielding more elements of yellow than SWIM prefers to deal with. No disrespect to advocates of yellow, but SWIM feels that the yellow burns like wet plastic and tastes like burnt ass. This being said, SWIM became determined to "work it on out". So six kilos & countless endless nights later, SWIM thinks that he has been able to pinpoint a few key variables that have, at the very least, provided SWIM with, most likely, a lifetime supply of PURE white, pearlescent, fishscale-looking, peruvian flake-looking jungle magic that is purer than SWIM could have ever imagined in the past.

SWIM's variables:

-Cool to cold basified H2O added to MHRB & shaken the hell out of/stirred
-HOT naptha (the hotter, the better) added at NO MORE THAN 100mL/g of MHRB per pull (SWIM seems to think that excessive naptha per pull may be a factor that could potentially lead to yellowization)
-Container gently rolled after solvent is added, and not shaken (similar to that cat who has the youtube mesc. extraction video, only perhaps even more gently than that); repeated 3-4 times per pull
-12-24+ hrs deep freeze precip.
-naptha swirled well before pouring out through filter
-glass receptacle allowed to air dry upside down for 15-30 min., then dried w/ small tabletop fan in clean, dust-free environment
-KABLAAM! ---> In, Out, Boom, Bang, Bung!

In esscence, one must find his/her own personal variables in situations such as this one, although perhaps these may lead some of y'all down a path that leads to the touch that you may have been seeking.

Jah Bless w/ Peace, Understanding, and Happiness through safe space-travel.

One-

DarkShaman of the Blakk Skrollz Tribe

DarkShaman
#13 Posted : 2/25/2009 8:31:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

CORRECTION:

DarkShaman wrote:
-HOT naptha (the hotter, the better) added at NO MORE THAN 100mL/g of MHRB per pull (SWIM seems to think that excessive naptha per pull may be a factor that could potentially lead to yellowization)

Just noticed this. What I meant to say was "...added at NO MORE THAN 100mL/100g MHRB per pull..."

Thank You

Shaman