We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV7891011NEXT»
What scale do you use? Options

anrchy
#161 Posted : 10/1/2012 10:21:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There's a scale that many nexians use that's only $20 and reads in 0.001 milligrams. Search amazon for Gemini-20. It works great and should only be off by +/- 2-6 milligrams at most.

You could also use the search function on this forum and you will find quite a few threads about this very scale.
Open your Mind (โ’ถ) Please read my DMT vaping guide (โ’ถ) Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

MomentOfTruth
#162 Posted : 10/1/2012 10:30:11 PM

Astro-Travellin

I get that you are going to be within a small range with any scale.. i personally don't think its really that big of a deal when you are dealing with DMT.

Might be more important to have a better scale if you are weighing RC's and stuff that are highly active at the mg level, but being a couple mg's off while weighing a dmt dosage is inconsequential in my opinion. But hey, thats just for me!

I only shared the link to possible help some of my brothers on a budget out here at the nexus!

Coinci-Transcendentalism

anrchy
#163 Posted : 10/1/2012 10:52:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No worries, just throwing it out there. The reason it is important is this. A difference of 10 mg or more +/- can mean the difference I experience. It's also important when one is wanting to conserve spice rather then waste it. If you are usin a device that is very accurate in vaporization it makes a difference to have a scale of equal accuracy.

I've both accurately weighed out doses and also just "dropped a couple scoops" with my milligram scoops. It all depends on what your vaporization techniques and intent of experience is. I also think that for an extra $10 you can get a tried and true scale that many of us already use and can vouch for that weighs in the appropriate increments.

That scale you suggested wont be a "couple mg's off" just so you know. If you throw down 20mg's it will most likely be somewhere between 10 and 30mg. So in other words it can effect it in a big way. There is a huge difference in experience between a 10mg dose and a 30mg dose. Just my 2 cents.
Open your Mind (โ’ถ) Please read my DMT vaping guide (โ’ถ) Fear is the mind killer

MomentOfTruth
#164 Posted : 10/1/2012 11:13:13 PM

Astro-Travellin

Thats a pretty drastic difference. 10-20 mgs off? You really think the scales would be that bad? These are marketed for weighing jewelry, so i didn't figure they could be more than a couple mgs off. If these scales are that far off then I totally agree with you! I just assumed they couldn't be that far inaccurate. I figured someone had a surplus and was trying to get rid of them quick.

Embarrased
Coinci-Transcendentalism

anrchy
#165 Posted : 10/2/2012 1:52:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Like I said, mine reads in 0.001 with a tolerance of +/- 3mgs or so. Sometimes it doesn't fully register a 5mg increase. Like observer said, "you get what you pay for" and the more you pay the more accurate the scale.

It would be more accurate using milligram scoops than a 0.01mg scale for $9. My scoops, density depending, weigh out my batch between 6-10 I think. Haven't tested it in awhile. I can do three scoops and KNOW that I am somewhere between 20mg and 30mg. Each batch of DMT is different due to density of the crystals. The scoops were only a couple dollars on amazon for a bunch of em. I'm still using the first one I pulled out of the bag.

The Observer
#166 Posted : 10/2/2012 2:02:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Keep in mind, that depending on your MHRB and the tek used, I have seen Mex vs Brazilian that if you just went by eyeballing volume, you could end up with up to a 2x difference in weight (ie. dense yellow vs. fluffy white).

Don't know how you can say that you don't think it makes much difference.........

Perhaps the difference between going to the Moon, and the Milky Way!!!!
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention by using totally fictitious verbiage...........

The above refers to the fictitious 'I'

The Observer
#167 Posted : 10/2/2012 2:06:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would seriously advise newbies to NOT get the $9 scale..........

Not sufficient or appropriate.

In addition, how the poster can say that they don't really see the importance of some variations in mg's of such a powerful substance is very irresponsible...........and very bad advice........!!!!

Kinda like saying, "I am going to buy the super cheap parachute!!!". Use at your own risk......

Just sayin!!!!!
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention by using totally fictitious verbiage...........

The above refers to the fictitious 'I'

Humble Hermit
#168 Posted : 7/15/2013 3:59:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Big grin Hey guys here in a few weeks my first extraction will be under way, so I'm prepping. I was wondering if you absolutely need a 0.000 scale? I all ready have a 0.00 scale and a 0.0 one but no fancy ones. If I wanted one it'd cost me around 30$ Sick and I'm all ready pretty much at the limit of how much I want to spend, any ideas?
feedback greatly appreciated! Big grin
thanks,

peace.
if you wanna try suicide, first try something completely different

DO NOT QUESTION MY PAN-DIMENSIONAL KITTENS

hostilis
#169 Posted : 7/15/2013 4:05:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My scale was only 30. It's as long as it's an mg scale and you calibrate it often I think it's okay to only spend that much.

It always does the job for me. Just don't trust it for substances where you only need 1 mg or so.
3... 2... 1... BLAST OFF!!!!FFO TSALB ...1 ...2 ...3

My grafting guide

anrchy
#170 Posted : 7/15/2013 4:06:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.amazon.com/Am...-Milligram/dp/B0012TDNAM

$20 bucks my friend, and I as well as MANY nexians can vouche for its abilities.

Humble Hermit
#171 Posted : 7/15/2013 4:11:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Big grin Thanks guys! Anarchy that amazon link is great, thanks! Gonna buy it as it seems the cheapest. Thumbs up

peaceSmile
if you wanna try suicide, first try something completely different

DO NOT QUESTION MY PAN-DIMENSIONAL KITTENS

anrchy
#172 Posted : 7/15/2013 4:13:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up

hostilis
#173 Posted : 7/15/2013 4:37:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's the one I use. Smile I should have gotten it on amazon! hehe.
3... 2... 1... BLAST OFF!!!!FFO TSALB ...1 ...2 ...3

My grafting guide

Sykosis
#174 Posted : 7/15/2013 4:46:07 AM

The Seeker

I know you already got help here but this is where I've always ordered my scales pretty cool people. Very nice.

--Sykosis is nothing more then a material manifestation of the collective minds and thoughts of many.
No one individual can be held accountable nor responsible for any of the actions Preformed by this user. All opinions, thoughts, statements and ideas expressed by this user are nothing more then a mere coincidental, incoherent, incomprehensible, fictitious rambling and should be treated as such.--

mad_banshee
#175 Posted : 7/15/2013 4:50:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-Gemini-20-Portable-Milligram/dp/B0012TDNAM

$20 bucks my friend, and I as well as MANY nexians can vouche for its abilities.

Yes, you need a mg scale, else you are playing with fire with such powerful material. Just do it, buy one.

Peace

Mad Banshee

Note that the poster of this message would never actually use or recommend to use illegal substances. He is just an attention seeker and should be considered to be lying about everything he posts and his posts are only for the sake of generating discussion.

Swinjin
#176 Posted : 7/15/2013 4:58:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:

This one works like a charm for me. Highly recommended from this Nexian!

endlessness
#177 Posted : 7/15/2013 5:01:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A mg scale definitely comes handy but a well calibrated 0.01 scale is already enough for DMT, since a DMT dosage can be around 0.02-0.06g depending on your smoking/vaporization method. So buy a mg scale if you have the money, otherwise you should be good to go. I think more importantly is to get a proper vaporization method down. I'd advise instead of a scale, to save money for a GVG or make the inspirator mkII or some other such method, instead of other highly wasteful smoking methods.

anrchy
#178 Posted : 7/15/2013 4:10:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

iirc mg scales that weigh in 0.00 have a variability of .01+ grams? For me this wouldn't work as a 20mg dose is much different than a 30mg dose. My scale (0.000) has a variability if .002 mg usually and this is tolerable IMO.

I agree that vaporization technique is most important but when you get that down I would want to know as close to possible how much I'm vaping. Would not enjoy doing 35mg if I was going for 25, or 25 if I was going for 15mg. Just my opinion for my experience.

Walter D. Roy
#179 Posted : 7/15/2013 4:19:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:

I've gotten this scale twice now. And both times its failed meSad i think it off by 0.080 now for no reason
The Unknown = A Place to Learn

wage.
#180 Posted : 7/15/2013 4:49:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Walter D. Roy wrote:
anrchy wrote:

I've gotten this scale twice now. And both times its failed meSad i think it off by 0.080 now for no reason

I ordered the exact same scale from Amazon 1-2 months ago and it's still working fine. It looks like you've just had bad luck.
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."

«PREV7891011NEXT»