We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
aMT - nice trip ending in massive migraine Options

Purges
#1 Posted : 9/24/2012 11:54:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello all, just wanted to share an experience I had on the weekend, as it may prevent others making the same mistake. Maybe I didn't make a mistake. I have suffered from headaches / migraines practically my whole life, so that is something to take into account.

I was going to post this in the aMT: Tryptamines amphetamine thread, how ever that seems to have gone in a political direction and this post would have been out of place (Mods if you feel it belongs there, then by all means move it!)

Substances involved:
aMT (vaporised, GVG), beer (Stella Artois), Cannabis (vaporised, GVG), paracetamol

Set & Setting:
Positive mindset, happy to be enjoying the weekend with my other half. Doing some gardening, painting the fence, sanding the decking ready to be treated, that kind of thing.

I started off taking some notes while exploring the range of effects that the compound presented. I stopped taking notes after a while because I was quite high and could no longer be bothered.

13.15 - load 10 mg into GVG, shared with my partner. I think I got most of it, and she only got a small amount, reporting much ore minimal effects than me. Also consuming half a can of beer very slowly, also have been vaping weed since before breakfast.

13.53 feel 'high' - a little euphoric, notice the lines of the decking merging in my peripheral vision, nothing to write home about...

14.04 Stimulated but with an unfocussed / distant feel. With MDMA for instance I feel sharp as a razor.

16.24 Garden work done. Time for more! 10mg each, I smoke mine in one go. Tastes just like DMT.

16.32 decide to drink more beer - 1/2 can (oral).

16.43 Both of us feeling 'rushes' akin to MDMA. Decide to vape some weed.

16.46 Mmmmm weed! (Good idea)

16.59 Feels pretty much exactly how I remember low-mid dose 2CB! (I have much experience with 2CB)

17.05 Cat enjoyment through the roof!

So here my notes ended, you can see how my frame of mind went from analytical to silly / soppy within the space of 15-20 mins...

After this I vaped cannabis regularly over the next few hrs and ingested another 1/2 can of beer. We then made some food at around 7-8pm - a baked potato with cheese and salad and ate some chocolate - which I think was the turning point. I had read that it was speculated that aMT was an MAOI, although if that was the case, a mild one, but thought since it was smoked and bypassed the gut there would be no problems. I have eaten these sorts of things before and after Changa with no problems for instance.

So the effects start wearing off, so we start watching some documentaries and relaxing, but a colossal headache starts stomping its way through my cerebral cortex, to the point where I am curled up in the foetal position shielding my eyes from the light. Light is hurting my eyes and my head is in agony. The most painful part was behind my eyes, it felt like 2 rods of pain shooting directly into my brain. I decided enough was enough and went to bed and hid under the covers vainly trying to sleep, joined by my wonderful gf.

I tossed and turned half the night but it was no use, it hurt A LOT and my body started to get a little feverish to boot. My gf was getting annoyed because I was waking her up by thrashing about, and told me to take some paracetamol to ease my head. Which I did.

Directly after taking the paracetamol a voice in my head said "you shouldn't have done that, you have no idea how it will react with an MAOI" Shocked "Great, I'm going to kill myself..." So I sat up in bed monitoring my situation, worrying and in pain, on the verge of waking my gf up to call an ambulance.

Eventually the paracetamol kicked in and the pain subsided enough for me to be confident letting myself go to sleep, but I was really worried there for a while. I haven't experienced a headache like that for quite some time, and wonder exactly what triggered it.

Not sure if I will bother experimenting with the rest of my stash...

Thanks for reading, Much love,

Px
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

christian
#2 Posted : 9/24/2012 12:01:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Purges for the good advice. Whilst aMT was used in the past as an anti depressant in LOW doses, it was withdrawn after bad side effects became known. Currently it's sold as a research chemical and being researched at very high doses. This is potentially risky, especially when it's already known to have the potential for bad side effects.

Cheers!Cool
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

DeMenTed
#3 Posted : 9/24/2012 12:03:23 PM

Barry

I'm sorry to hear that purges, sounds quite horrific! Do you think it was the aMT that caused it? or maybe combining alcohol with the aMT or maybe the chocolate? Was your girlfriend affected similarly?

Infinite I
#4 Posted : 9/24/2012 12:17:09 PM

JC

Just want to say id have a headache with that amount of stella, gave that stuff up a long time ago always gave me headaches. If I drink one beer of any kind and then dont drink any more for a few hours I get headaches. I rarely get headaches btw

DeMenTed
#5 Posted : 9/24/2012 12:18:20 PM

Barry

Coming to think of it i had to take some paracetamol on the tail end of my aMT experience. I forgot about that mmm interesting, your post just reminded me of that. It was nowhere near a migraine though.

Purges
#6 Posted : 9/24/2012 12:18:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It was a nice experience up until the headache kicked in. Not sure if it was the alcohol or chocolate, or cheese, or indeed the aMT. I have had headaches from combining alcohol and cannabis alone before, but usually higher doses of alcohol - 1.5 beers over the course of a whole day isn't really anything IMO. And those headaches weren't this bad.

It did kick in shortly after dinner, which is why I suspect it may have been the food. One minute I was eating some chocolate enjoying some informative TV, the next I just wanted to shut off as much stimuli as possible. Light and sound really started bugging me.

Eliyahu
#7 Posted : 9/24/2012 12:53:08 PM
סנדלפון

Obviously I'm no medical expert but I have had similar things on maois....sounds like a mild hypertensive crisis to me. I would blame the beer honestly, I got a blinding headache from a single glass of wine on mescaline. Also from sesame chicken on pharma.
And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

Purges
#8 Posted : 9/24/2012 1:16:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My thinking was that because I already had beer in my system before taking it, that the headache would have started much sooner if it were the beer. There was also a fair amount of jaw tension after the food. But, like you, I am no medical expert, so it could have been any of those things. My bad for introducing other factors into the equation first time around really...

christian
#9 Posted : 9/24/2012 2:50:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DeMenTed wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that purges, sounds quite horrific!

I'd have to agree!

"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

soulfood
#10 Posted : 9/24/2012 3:22:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Long lasting stimulants can be quite nasty as you can often get rather dehydrated. I have a friend that won't use mescaline for this reason, but he has no problem with aMT.

I have no problem with either, but I do find I lose my appetite with aMT as is comment with tryptamine based substances. Long trips require nourishment.

Also I'm quite happy adding alcohol to mescaline, but not aMT.

My preferred use for AMT is to use a low dose in combination with something tried and tested. It can actually add stability to an experience when used this way. Me and my friends found higher doses too physically demanding.

soulfood
#11 Posted : 9/24/2012 3:26:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I once had a similar headache after a night long session with 20x changa. It lasted well into a second day until I took some ibuprofen and it subsided. I generally don't use painkillers unless things don't clear up from sleep alone.

Sleeping after aMT is often difficult anyways. Can easily last 24 hrs+ on some dosages.

Purges
#12 Posted : 9/25/2012 2:27:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looking back, I am going to try it one more time with no alcohol or possible MAOI contraindicating foods, an lots of water, and hopefully then I can get a clearer idea of what happened. Hopefully that will lead to a more pleasant ending to the journey. If that results in any kind of discomfort I will discontinue using it. There's plenty more compounds that I can enjoy with less restrictions than aMT any way.

christian
#13 Posted : 9/25/2012 2:57:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Purges wrote:
Looking back, I am going to try it one more time

Haha Purges, you're a glutton for punishment. If it's giving you migranes, and is Chinese, it's probably made with MSG!! Laughing

DeMenTed
#14 Posted : 9/25/2012 3:02:34 PM

Barry

It might have been the beer and chocolate that gave him the migraine christian, purges also said at the beginning that he has suffered from headaches/migraines practically his whole life.

You just love bashing aMT lol Smile

soulfood
#15 Posted : 9/25/2012 3:15:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pay attention too your body the whole time and keep hydrated. By this I mean water. Any sign of a headache and don't hesitate to reach for the pain killers.

Also as a rule with any psychedelics, don't consume chocolate or coffee unless the trip is very mild.

christian
#16 Posted : 9/25/2012 3:31:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DeMenTed wrote:
You just love bashing aMT lol Smile

haha, it's just i don't enjoy it's skatole fecal odour as much as you do, Demented! Sick Razz

soulfood
#17 Posted : 9/25/2012 3:41:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Purges,

I also realise you vaporized your dose. I've heard there's no difference in this ROA than with dosing orally in terms of efficency.

I'm just wondering why you decided to vaporize it?

Also note that MAO occurs all through the body and not just the stomach.

Did you ever feel you could eat on other tryptamine type substances? All I ever get the need for is juice Smile

jamie
#18 Posted : 9/25/2012 9:16:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

90% of what I have heard about AMT make it sound like something to avoid. I have heard many reports of negative side effects, never took it myself though. The other 10% of people seem to really like it.

I take a few capsules of willow bark and have a hot bath and submerge my head into the water if I get a headache after a trip..it seems to help.
Long live the unwoke.

Purges
#19 Posted : 9/26/2012 11:48:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
Purges,

I also realise you vaporized your dose. I've heard there's no difference in this ROA than with dosing orally in terms of efficency.

I'm just wondering why you decided to vaporize it?

Also note that MAO occurs all through the body and not just the stomach.

Did you ever feel you could eat on other tryptamine type substances? All I ever get the need for is juice Smile

I chose to vape it because the duration was supposedly shorter, I only have 100mg to play with, so wanted it to stretch further and because I would feel the effects much quicker than if I ate it. I get impatient...

I was aware that MAO occurs throughout the body, but thought that aMT wasn't a particularly strong MAOI - so like a true pro I kind of disregarded it Confused Drool

And, no, on LSD, mushrooms, DMT etc, I can't say I have felt hungry, BUT aMT is a very different beast than those, as I'm sure you will agree - although I often get ravenous after DMT / Changa. aMT was just a stimulant for me, more akin to MDMA (can't eat for sh*t) or 2CB (can eat fine) than any of the above... I ended up smoking around 17mg which erowid tells me is a 'strong' dose, but tbh it didn't feel that strong...

Any how, I'll try again at some point, but I have a few other compounds to sample before I decide to go back to head ache land again Laughing

soulfood
#20 Posted : 9/26/2012 12:02:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I get a very tryptamine feeling with aMT, complete with tryptamine yawns and anorexia. Yeah its an amphetamine, but I can just as happily lie down and stretch like with other tryptamines rather than be up and 'avin' it.

That dosage would be rather potent for me when consumed orally with around 18 hours between consumption and baseline. I'd like to be able to comment on the difference but I never tried vaping.

Not sure if I'll be working with it again, certainly not any time soon, but maybe I'll try vaping if I do.

12NEXT