We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
[Wiki:To Be Reviewed] Spice Extraction-The FASA Approach Options

The Traveler
#1 Posted : 2/20/2009 7:54:06 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Here is another article that needs to be reviewed:
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...action-The_FASA_Approach

Please review this article and give us some feedback.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

rawmo
#2 Posted : 2/23/2009 11:22:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This line

B) Add enough water to make it into a paste, but it is still fine if it get more watery.

has a grammatical/spelling error

change to

B) Add enough water to make it into a paste, but it is still fine if it gets more watery.

i.e. gets

The Traveler
#3 Posted : 2/23/2009 7:31:07 PM

"No, seriously"

It has been changed, thank you for pointing that out.

b.t.w. if you want to make changes like this yourself, you're welcome to do so. Just signup and you can edit/post articles.

TmC47
#4 Posted : 4/12/2009 7:43:21 AM

Nice guy

Materials:3: Ssodium Carbonate
Scratch one S

The phrase ‘one of the many teks that can be found around’, does not really live up to DMT-Nexus’ reputation. Links could be in order.

The TEK:line2-3:The excess is just going to fall on the bottom and can be dissolved from fresh acetone if necessary.
Could be: can be re-dissolved in fresh acetone if necessary or: can be dried and stored for later use.

Several places: DMT-NOxide or DMT-N-Oxide
Nomenclature suggests it could be: DMT-N-oxide, others suggest DMT-n-oxide (with the italic)

The TEK:F):also contains traces of acetone
The xylene contains virtually ALL the acetone added to it.
Also: perhaps mention explicitly that all non-polar, non-fumarate-able extracted components (among which are the lipid impurities mentioned earlier) will remain in the xylene

Freebasing Fumarate salts: E) Aspirate the acetone and let it dry. Now one has freebased alkaloids.
Suggest clarifying using terms like ‘decant’, ‘filtrate’, ‘residue’ and such. As it is now it reads somewhat ambiguous.

Greetz,
TmC47
benzyme wrote:
you're preparing drugs, not salad.

The Traveler
#5 Posted : 4/15/2009 9:39:22 PM

"No, seriously"

Thank you for your comments, it's really helpfull. I'll change the article.

bufoman
#6 Posted : 5/1/2009 5:24:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

I do not know if it is too late but I suggest you look at my thread with the alternative purification technique. The acetone washes at the end require a lot of solvent and still result in impure product. Since Fumaric acid is not water soluble (barely anyway) and DMT fumarate is very water soluble a small amount of water can be used to extract the good alkaloids from the unreacted unionized fumaric acid.

This simple water extraction at the end can result in a pure product and can be used to re-crystalize the alkaloids resulting in nice big transparent crystals. See my thread for more details but this alteration gives very good results and SWIM feel it is a nice addition to the wonderful FASA tech. The final product is quite impressive.

amor_fati
#7 Posted : 5/1/2009 7:41:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bufoman wrote:
I do not know if it is too late but I suggest you look at my thread with the alternative purification technique. The acetone washes at the end require a lot of solvent and still result in impure product. Since Fumaric acid is not water soluble (barely anyway) and DMT fumarate is very water soluble a small amount of water can be used to extract the good alkaloids from the unreacted unionized fumaric acid.

This simple water extraction at the end can result in a pure product and can be used to re-crystalize the alkaloids resulting in nice big transparent crystals. See my thread for more details but this alteration gives very good results and SWIM feel it is a nice addition to the wonderful FASA tech. The final product is quite impressive.

I'll put it on the back burner for addition to the wiki when I finally have time to work on it. In the meantime, perhaps a short, simple tek to be transcribed into the wiki would be in order? SWIM would actually like to give this method a try himself sometime.

bufoman
#8 Posted : 5/1/2009 2:54:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It works amazing here is the tech

Once one has collected the white-offwhite crystals that have collected on the bottom and inside of the jar. They are placed in a clean beaker. (These crystals contain both DMT fumerate and a large portion of unreacted Fumaric acid.)

To separate the desirables from the fumaric acid one simply adds 12mL H2O per gram of material. (the DMT fumarate is soluble in the water while the fumaric acid is not).

The aqueous (now yellow) solution is carefully decanted into a clean beaker or drying surface.

The water is reduced by 1/2 with a hair drier and then allow to sit open to the air and slowly evaporate.

Within a day (at most) large transparent crystals will begin to precipitate out one can collect these. (If one does not care about ascetics the solution can just be rapidly evaporate with a hair drier or on the oven and the crystals utilized right away. However SWIM recommends the crystallization.)

The remaining solution is then reduced again with a hair drier and allowed to sit as before. Once it has fully evaporated the crystals that collect can be collected.

One now has highly pure DMT fumarate. The crystals are very nice to look at. One can attempt to wash the fumaric acid crystals again with an additional 10mL of H2O to see if any crystals are obtained however due to its solubility most of the DMT fumarate will collect during the first attempt.