We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mycelium nutrients supplement ? Options

finding0
#1 Posted : 9/23/2012 11:45:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From what I understand mycelium will stop producing fruit and be overcome by contamination due to the loss of nutrients. Now may there be a way to supplement that nutrients and keep the mycelium kicking. Like with hydroponics, a tomato plant can last for years and years producing fruit because of the consistency in supplementing nutrition through water. Maybe there is some nutrients that can be put in water when doing a 24 hours dunk in between flushes? Or also maybe even a spray? I found that mycelium absorbs nutrients called Monomer. i am not sure which ones though.
*Any time The word "I" is used by this account it is referring to a fictional character *

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Nicita
#2 Posted : 9/24/2012 12:36:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you misunderstand the difference between a plant and a mushroom, two discrete kingdomes. For a plant, nutrients necessary for growth are basic elements like nitrogen, phosphor, potassium, magnesium, sodium etc. in form of salts. The plants takes them from soil or fertilized water. The energy for the plant comes from the sun and the carbon from carbondioxide in the air. You can supply a plant with nutrients and it will continue growing in the same growth medium.
The mushroom however, is a composer that has to take its' energy and carbon from organic matter. It needs carbonhydrates like starch or sugar to grow. Therefore any "supplement for nutrients" would have to contain these in high quantities, making this "fertilizer" highly vulnerable for other fungi (yeast and mould) or bacteria (contaminations).
The established way to support a mushroom with new nutrients is to sterilize a growth medium and transfer a small piece of the desired mushroom in it. Wink Big grin

benzyme
#3 Posted : 9/24/2012 1:07:47 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

those salts aren't necessary.
mushroom myc needs a carbohydrate source, nitrogen source, marginal phosphorus, water, and air.

but yeah, fruits simply run out of fuel.. aseptically take a tissue sample from the inner stem near the cap, and reintroduce it to new substrate.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

jamie
#4 Posted : 9/24/2012 1:07:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I would do more research before you start trying to grow mushrooms tbh..
Long live the unwoke.

finding0
#5 Posted : 9/24/2012 3:09:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks everyone and thanks Jamie for the recommendation. But ive grown several times before with out issues.
*Any time The word "I" is used by this account it is referring to a fictional character *

jamie
#6 Posted : 9/24/2012 4:23:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

ok then forget what I said Smile

Do you guys like using perlite? I stopped using it because it's a mess and like lava rock more..expanded clay pellets(hydroton) looks good also..

I just collected my own..there is volcanic lava rock all over the beach here from a nearby volcanoe so I just grabbed some and sterilized it..I like it more than perlite and way easier to clean.

Also, if you really want to you can take the stem buts of the mushrooms and stick them between some wet cardboard and put it inside a rubbermaid or something. It will colonize the cardboard but make sure you keep it dark and moist. Then you can use that cardboard for spawn if you dont want to have to make prints or something. It def works for me but Id rather just take prints.
Long live the unwoke.