We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Acacia photo gallery Options

acacian
#41 Posted : 9/22/2012 2:22:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

acacian
#42 Posted : 9/22/2012 2:35:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

unsure of the one in this first pic .. the ones underneath though are Acacia Oxycedrus

acacian
#43 Posted : 9/22/2012 2:46:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

few more of oxycedrus. was really interesting while walking today, seeing how the genetics kept getting closer and closer to oxycedrus the further we got up the mountain, until arriving at the peak where there it was, waiting just as i suspected. interesting too really , an active teacher plant waiting at the top of a big mountain, with sharp as spikes ... kinda saying if you wanna use me then your going to have to go to put in a bit of effort...in this case a bit of a pilgrimage. i wonder if there were ever corroborees on this mountain? i didn't find anything out today about the aboriginal heritage regarding the grampians, but i will be sure to when i go back soon enough. the phyllodes when smoked, tasted strongly of dmt and brought on a less than subtle psychoactive headspace. I wonder if there are any plants on the mountain carrying beta carbolines. I have photos of the other genetic variants though I will not upload them until I've had the i.d confirmed. There is something about this tree.. i'm glad I finally got to see it in person, let alone in such a beautiful landscape.

acacian
#44 Posted : 9/22/2012 2:52:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acacian
#45 Posted : 9/22/2012 3:13:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i read that acacia oxycedrus hybridises quite a bit... here is a variant found growing right in amongst some "regular" oxycedrus.. i thought maybe it may be a mucronata variant? or perhaps an oxycedrus hybrid with the unidentified acacia in post 47 which is two posts down from this one ..

acacian
#46 Posted : 9/22/2012 3:15:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the kangaroos in the grampians are very friendly around humans..found it so surprising and beautiful the way they just sit around the town in the caravan parks where there are cars driving by and people walking around everywhere.... its generally pretty rare to be able to get so close to kangaroos without them running away

acacian
#47 Posted : 9/22/2012 6:29:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Purges
#48 Posted : 9/22/2012 7:14:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some of these pics are a trip in and of themselves! Thank you for sharing mate!
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

acacian
#49 Posted : 9/23/2012 5:19:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yep! .. thanks to these trees I have been reconnected with nature like never before. <3 acacia

acacian
#50 Posted : 9/25/2012 9:23:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

here's a hybrid of what appears to be oxycedrus and something else... i'll get back to yous on this one. it occured a little lower on the mountain before the regular oxycedrus appeared with the white rod flowers and sharp spikes. apologies on the blurriness.. i thought this one would be worth posting up though after posting up the other oxycedrus

acacian
#51 Posted : 9/30/2012 1:51:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have looked up the acacia species in the grampians floral database and am still yet to find out what this is. It has very similar attributes to a suspected acacia mucronata var.longifolia that i found a while ago, which nen888, later thought to instead be a thin phyllode variant of longifolia. Phyllodes are quite long (more than 15cm) and have 4 prominent veins ... main vein only slightly visible. I will keep digging and get an i.d soon as possible. here it is for now anyway.. more to come

Gowpen
#52 Posted : 10/1/2012 3:03:52 PM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

acacian wrote:
few more of oxycedrus. was really interesting while walking today, seeing how the genetics kept getting closer and closer to oxycedrus the further we got up the mountain, until arriving at the peak where there it was, waiting just as i suspected. interesting too really , an active teacher plant waiting at the top of a big mountain, with sharp as spikes ... kinda saying if you wanna use me then your going to have to go to put in a bit of effort...in this case a bit of a pilgrimage. i wonder if there were ever corroborees on this mountain? i didn't find anything out today about the aboriginal heritage regarding the grampians, but i will be sure to when i go back soon enough. the phyllodes when smoked, tasted strongly of dmt and brought on a less than subtle psychoactive headspace. I wonder if there are any plants on the mountain carrying beta carbolines. I have photos of the other genetic variants though I will not upload them until I've had the i.d confirmed. There is something about this tree.. i'm glad I finally got to see it in person, let alone in such a beautiful landscape.

Really nice country, love the description of the changes as you went higher in the mountain. Great pics too. welldone man
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

Seldom
#53 Posted : 10/2/2012 3:18:36 AM

Wiradjuri

werd ^ 'tis always great to hear about your expeditions acacian, looking forward to tagging along for a trip one day

acacian
#54 Posted : 10/7/2012 5:16:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well... some of these are not of acacia trees.. though i thought these would be good eye candy none the less as some of the views at the grampians are absolutely stunning. more pics of oxycedrus and what appears to be a non acacian relative.. same spikes, but differen't veins to oxy... beautiful flowers

next adventure will over eastgippsland way in about a week .. hoping to get some good shot of maidenii and obtusifoia as well as any other acacia/non acacia in the areaSmile
oh and a joke i made for any aussies out there ... how does a duck walk through a grove of acacia trees? it wattles

acacian
#55 Posted : 10/19/2012 11:08:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

new photos of mount buffalo.... i put the quality pictures of the phleb and alpina on pg 1 with the original post and a few extras below

I found some other really interesting wattles as well but the camera had run out at that point.. there's another at the bottom of Acacia Obliquinerva and underneath i thought i'd include a phlebophylla i found growing at the peak of the mountain out of the monstrous granite boulders. if you look closely in the first photo in the right hand corner you'll notice one growing out of the granite there as well.

as i mentioned before.. there's something special about the way this tree is placed on the mountain and without a car would require quite a pilgrimage to reach. The phyllodes are very feminine to me .. and interestingly enough my experiences with the extract have always been a deeply loving female entity. I must say i do enjoy the idea of going on long arduous journeys up steep mountains to reach medicine plants

some mindblowing views from the peak below ..there is something deeply spiritual about this place its one of my favourite locations to visit. the giant granite boulders are stunning and all the flora there is beautiful too. i found an interesting vine which was wrapping around some of the acacias there.. thinking i might test it just to see if there's anything of interest in it

WarriorSage
#56 Posted : 10/19/2012 11:42:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WowShocked some amazing photos you've got there!
a must see!
The Warrior’s Prayer
"I am what I am. In having faith in the beauty within me I develop trust. In softness I have strength. In silence I walk with the gods. In peace I understand myself and the world. In conflict I walk away. In detachment I am free. In respecting all living things I respect myself. In dedication I honour the courage within me.
In eternity I have compassion for the nature of all things. In love I unconditionally accept the evolution of others. In freedom I have power.
In my individuality I express the God-Force within me. In service I give of what I have become.
I am what I am: Eternal, immortal, universal, and infinite. And so be it"

3rdI
#57 Posted : 10/19/2012 12:09:51 PM

veni, vidi, spici

i love the Acacia's, but good god you need to start climbing, that crag looks immense.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

acacian
#58 Posted : 10/19/2012 12:18:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

few more of the phleb... one from back in winter down the bottom. as you can see, it doesn't mind snow

zombicyckel
#59 Posted : 10/20/2012 6:38:54 PM

Armchair activist

The nature down there is truly impressive!

acacian
#60 Posted : 10/21/2012 12:01:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
i love the Acacia's, but good god you need to start climbing, that crag looks immense.

yeah i should really get into it. there's a lot of hang gliding and abseiling in the area...we went up to this ramp at the edge of this cliff and it really gave me shivers thinking about how people can get the nerve to run straight off it and jump.. pic below Smile .. and more acacia soon.. just to get back on topic

PREV12345NEXT»