We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
THC Tincture - What's your best method? Options

Love_isreal
#1 Posted : 9/18/2012 4:07:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm looking for an opinion on the best way to make a batch of tinksters..thanks!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

cirquefreak333
#2 Posted : 9/18/2012 4:13:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Whats tinkstsers?
disclaimer: cirquefreak333 is a fictional character used in a novel I am writing, and none of the things a real person may type is anything a real person, living or dead, ever experienced or thought

xantho
#3 Posted : 9/18/2012 4:15:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe Love_isreal is referring to tinctures.

"Becoming a person of the plants is not a learning process, it is a remembering process. Somewhere in our ancestral line, there was someone that lived deeply connected to the Earth, the Elements, the Sun, Moon and Stars. That ancestor lives inside our DNA, dormant, unexpressed, waiting to be remembered and brought back to life to show us the true nature of our indigenous soul" - Sajah Popham.

Love_isreal
#4 Posted : 9/18/2012 5:14:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah that's what I meant. Was just spelling it how I say it.

Love_isreal
#5 Posted : 9/18/2012 5:17:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

and I also mean the edible honey..tincture not the alcohol tincture. Maybe the honey method isn't tincture but that's what I've always called it and always heard it called. I didn't know if it was made like regular ole oil and you just add honey when your done or what the deal was.

Frusciante
#6 Posted : 9/18/2012 8:14:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like a fun experiment, surely honey is not too much different from making butter in that you can probably just heat the honey and finely ground weed up on the stove, though a crockpot might work better for honey, keeping you safe from scorching.

If your talking about the Honey Oil Hash, Ive read on this forum that can be done with Naptha.

Parshvik Chintan
#7 Posted : 9/18/2012 9:43:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Frusciante wrote:
If your talking about the Honey Oil Hash, Ive read on this forum that can be done with Naptha.

really any non-polar solvent that can evaporate cleanly (ethanol, methanol, isopropanol, butane, hexane, etc)

you could only really replace butter with honey if honey has high fat contents (i dont know jack about honey so i have no clue) as THC is fat-soluble (and i believe most other cannabinoids are as well)
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

Mitakuye Oyasin
#8 Posted : 9/18/2012 11:04:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The two types of tinctures I have some experience with are ethanol based (using Everclear) and glycerine based ones using food grade glycerine / glycerol. If using glycerine you must let the herbs sit in the liquid for about a month in a cool, dark space and shake the container daily. Ethanol extraction is much quicker, usually only about 5 minutes, certainly less than one hour where the herbs are shaken in a solution of as high a percentage ethanol (pure grain alcohol) as possible. Then the herbs are filtered out of the liquid and you have your tincture at the end. Personally I find the glycerine based tinctures to work better. The ethanol seems to pull some unwanted tastes and colors out of the herbs and the glycerine seems to pull less of these. The added benefit of the ethanol based tincture is that if you want a smokable material as well you can just evaporate the ethanol, scape up and smoke or vap the remaining resin. If this is your goal (honey oil or hash oil or shatter glass hash) there are much better solvents than ethanol. You want a non polar solvent like Hexane that evaps cleanly. Many people use Butane, but i've hear enough stories of contaminants in the butane and people not properly purging their final material or using unsafe extraction vessels like PVC or plastic or galvanized steel or the like that many people are making a poisoned product instead of a medicinal one.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
โ€” Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.