We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : can i get a hell yeah?
Choice Votes Statistics
HELLYEA! 26 89 %
meh.. 3 10 %

i am very for this! Options

psychosisdoses
#1 Posted : 12/26/2009 2:00:26 AM

Derek

this idea is the shit and taking shape beautifully those in the know know THE SHIT when they see it...

/me praises the combined genius of the nexus in its gleaming brilliance
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ismokecrystals
#2 Posted : 12/26/2009 3:09:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I love egos

psychosisdoses
#3 Posted : 12/26/2009 3:47:33 AM

Derek

ismokecrystals wrote:
I love egos

explain
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~

DMTripper
#4 Posted : 12/26/2009 11:20:58 PM

John Murdoch IV

I have a love hate relationship with my ego. I'm trying to make peace with it Razz hehe
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

psychosisdoses
#5 Posted : 12/27/2009 12:18:57 AM

Derek

i am at peace with my ego i love myself and think i am an awesome person..
thats as far as it goes i dont care to prove it to anyone
i know how i feel about myself thats all that matters

soulfood
#6 Posted : 12/27/2009 12:21:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

WOOH!

Ice House
#7 Posted : 1/6/2012 1:02:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

ismokecrystals wrote:
I love egos

I love leggos!
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

byallmeansart
#8 Posted : 1/6/2012 5:04:45 AM

EET MOAR PHARMA~*

Can I ask how everybody is actually defining the term "ego"? Because I think of it as a solely negative concept that is constantly trying to grow in my brain like a cancer, and I spend most of my free time trying to kill it. KILL IT!
I am seriously making all of this stuff up. No, really.

Curiouskid
#9 Posted : 1/6/2012 6:08:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd say "ego" is a concept that defines "you", all the story of your life including who, where, when and what you are. It is not negative nor positive, the most difficult is to stay in balance with it and not taking "it" too seriously; keeping in mind that it is only a concept useful to live in this material world, to be able to take care of this body precisly as it is our vehicule over here...
I don't think it is useful to be violent with oneself because I don't think it is possible to kill it anyway if you wanna keep the body... So mabe try to live with it and take the control over it, no need to kill anyone... ;-) I mean just "my" feeling, "I" don't have the truth...
good luck
None of this is really happening, SWIM's mind is so sick and bored than it has to invent all sorts of "abracadabrantesques" stories...

SKA
#10 Posted : 2/2/2012 11:43:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I suppose my definition of Ego is pretty similair to byallmeansart's defenition of it.
But it also includes the story of "you" as Curiouskid defines it.

Perhaps these 2 are possible to combine into 1 defenition; The story that is "you",
the accumilated memories of an individual, is indeed a true story. But this is
where it get's "cancerous". This story, this accumilation tends to become a false
identity. A self-image that becomes superimposed over your true self, so much so
that it tends to completely overtake and obscure your true self; This leads to
illusions, spiritual/mental restlessness, Manias and destructive behaviour.
It allways ends in Misery. Madness. Harm to self and others.

This defenition is mine of the Ego. And it perfectly combines both byallmeans's and
Curiouskid's defenitions.

In the end I feel more inclined towards byallmeansart's approach; Destroy your Ego.
Destroy your Self-image so you can once again experience your true, humble self, which
is characterised by Peacefullness, Gratefullness, Joyfullness, Awareness, Wisdom & Compassion.
If your self-image is destroyed, or significantly reduced, it no longer obscures your true
self and you can experience all of it's virtues once again.

Usually, after an attack on the Ego, the Ego tends to regrow and reimprison the true self again over time.
For me it has allways been the challenge to break my Ego down as much as possible, whenever it gets too big
and makes me restless, fearfull, aggressive and deprives me of my inner peace. Too much Ego/Self Image makes
people completely insane. Delusional. Dangeriously so.

That is why I cannot allow my Ego to ever grow too big. Maybe I'll have to accept it never really dies,
but I must indeed take control over it. Otherwise it will take control over me and ruin my life and those
of others within my social circle. "Taking control" of my Ego, for me, comes down to grinding and tearing
it into small pieces, destroying as much of it as possible in 1 go.

This has allways been the Primairy reason for me to use Psychedelics; As an Ego-cide to destroy the
Self-image/Ego that obscures my true self and keeps me from experiencing inner peace and beauty.

I find these discussions very interresting, but.....What exactly is the purpose of this
Topic? The title, the poll and the 1st post don't exactly make sense. The Ego-Discussion
that follows makes ALOT of sense however. Razz

VisualAnemia
#11 Posted : 2/2/2012 12:24:56 PM

Chalgren

IMO: The ego is your self projection and your shadow

It's how you see yourself as a person, ie. I'm clever, handsome, athletic and most likely narcissistic, j/k...

Personally I don't give a rats ass about the picture people paint of me, I don't meddle in that kind of business, neither am I much of an artist myself!

Ice House wrote:
I love leggos!

Yes, leggos are good too.
Mad, bad and dangerous to know.

There's magic out there!

SpartanII
#12 Posted : 2/2/2012 2:40:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

psychosisdoses wrote:
i am at peace with my ego i love myself and think i am an awesome person..

Maybe the true self and the "ego" are two different things. One is ineffable and infinite, the spirit, Higher Self, or pure energy/awareness that is based on Love. The other is a false sense of self, a programmed identity that thinks it's real and thrives on fear and self-importance.

SKA wrote:
I suppose my definition of Ego is pretty similair to byallmeansart's defenition of it.

Perhaps these 2 are possible to combine into 1 defenition; The story that is "you",
where it get's "cancerous". This story, this accumilation tends to become a false
identity. A self-image that becomes superimposed over your true self, so much so

This defenition is mine of the Ego. And it perfectly combines both byallmeans's and

In the end I feel more inclined towards byallmeansart's approach; Destroy your Ego.
Destroy your Self-image so you can once again experience your true, humble self, which
is characterised by Peacefullness, Gratefullness, Joyfullness, Awareness, Wisdom & Compassion.
If your self-image is destroyed, or significantly reduced, it no longer obscures your true

Usually, after an attack on the Ego, the Ego tends to regrow and reimprison the true self again over time.
For me it has allways been the challenge to break my Ego down as much as possible, whenever it gets too big
and makes me restless, fearfull, aggressive and deprives me of my inner peace. Too much Ego/Self Image makes

That is why I cannot allow my Ego to ever grow too big. Maybe I'll have to accept it never really dies,
but I must indeed take control over it. Otherwise it will take control over me and ruin my life and those
of others within my social circle. "Taking control" of my Ego, for me, comes down to grinding and tearing

This has allways been the Primairy reason for me to use Psychedelics; As an Ego-cide to destroy the
Self-image/Ego that obscures my true self and keeps me from experiencing inner peace and beauty.

I find these discussions very interresting, but.....What exactly is the purpose of this
Topic? The title, the poll and the 1st post don't exactly make sense. The Ego-Discussion

Awesome post!Very happy

ChaoticMethod
#13 Posted : 2/2/2012 6:03:53 PM

Eye of the Beholder

SKA wrote:

I totally agree with you that the Ego can try to overpower your true self and take the lead, pushing you toward madness.

I would personally advise against trying to destroy it though.

First of all because it has it's uses if you want to navigate the material realm.
Second, and most importantly, because going at war against the Ego is an act that can only start IN the Ego and end IN the Ego; it is the Ego fighting itself. Control over the Ego still is control coming from the Ego.

In order to make good use of the Ego, one has to let go of control; to let your true self flow in harmony with the Ego, wich is, after all, simply a tool.

You can picture the ego as the operating system of a computer. Sure, it is not the information in it's purest state. Sure, some people will forget that it is simply an virtual image of the data. Still, I hardly see what one would achieve by destroying it...
"If you have any answers, We will be glad to provide full and detailed questions."

[url=http://shimeon.tumblr.com//url]

wearepeople
#14 Posted : 9/15/2012 10:36:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ice House wrote:
ismokecrystals wrote:
I love egos

I love leggos!

Leggo my eggo
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

Wax
#15 Posted : 9/15/2012 10:48:57 PM

LUVR

wearepeople wrote:
Ice House wrote:
ismokecrystals wrote:
I love egos

I love leggos!

Leggo my ego

I've had this idea for over a year now. I want to make a shirt that says "Leggo your ego" and have waffles popping out of a brain Smile
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'