We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Best way to smoke the spice? Options

Heretic
#1 Posted : 6/15/2007 2:21:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have one pipe from schwagstock and one bong from college in my posession, both glass. Here are pictures of each Pipe: [img:f1766946a1]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/4240/photo9jc8.jpg[/img:f1766946a1] Bong: [img:f1766946a1]http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/2171/photo10pj4.jpg[/img:f1766946a1] Slide: [img:f1766946a1]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/3294/photo11mu7.jpg[/img:f1766946a1] Should I invest in a new piece or would either of these work fine? Should I mix the spice with weed or parsley? Water in bong y/n? I'm also going on a hunt tomorow for Desmanthus illinoensis and Desmanthus leptolobus as they both grow in my area... unfortunatly I can't find any good pictures of Desmanthus leptolobus. Could someone kindly direct me to a gallery of that plant? Thanks for the help, I hope to also be a contributing member of these forums.
When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

free spirit
#2 Posted : 6/15/2007 3:09:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

u can make that work for sure. you need a screen and a bit of vegetative matter. i like pot.. some prefer ash, or parsley or even italian herb mixes. put the screen in one of those.. (i find better results w/ larger pieces, i smoke all my spice out of a nicesized sidecar steamroller piece. the large chamber seems to blast everyone off even if they have had trouble doing so in the past.) then layer in some veg matter, then dust w/ spice. when hitting keep the flame up not touching the spice until it melts into the veg matter, then you can get closer w/ the flame. take a BIG hit (seriously.. pussing out here can make breakthrough impossible) and then hold it for 10-20 seconds... exhale and take another as big. keep doing so until the bowl becomes difficult to make work.. like you dont understand what it is and what its doing in those things.. what are those.. HANDS? Razz anyways.. some peopel prefer oil burning pipes (think meth pipes) but i have always liked it dusted on ganj. the bong would work good id imagine, its just gonna have tthat dmt smell to it for a while.

Heretic
#3 Posted : 6/15/2007 3:59:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

should I use water or not?
When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

angryanus
#4 Posted : 6/15/2007 8:06:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

has anyone tried mint leaves?
i still laugh at flatulence

Garulfo
#5 Posted : 6/16/2007 12:22:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT Vapor condense very quickly and therefore, water will condense some vapors... waste of precious materials. I would say that the best is a ligh bulb pipe. That way the flame do not touch the spice directly and it's easy to control the vapor density by putting the flame close or far from the bulb. When smoked properly, DMT leaves almost no residue. Once mixed with any herbs, there will obviously be some smoke to cough. At the beginning, SWIM though it was impossible to smoke such spice and now he find it is much easier than smoking salvia.

kaos.underwave
#6 Posted : 8/2/2007 5:09:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm gonna try a lightbulb/type/pipe thingy, but I was wondering... garulfo, you mentioned the spice condeses very quickly, should I start suckin the vapour up as soon as it appears? Or wait a bit till it starts to fill the bulb? thanks
Onwards and upwards

zero
#7 Posted : 8/2/2007 5:56:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Definitely wait a bit until the smoke gets A LITTLE thicker to start tokin, but not TOO thick. There is an art to smokin spice freebase style and if you havent perfected it, it can leave you disappointed. The key here is "slow n low". Very slow, deeeeep tokes. Too much too fast and you'll cough it, not enough and not soon enough and you wont breakthrough.

ChemicalEudaemonia
#8 Posted : 8/2/2007 10:48:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I use a lung attached to a lightbulb vape. It allows me to take massive hits without coughing.

Deemster Teamster
#9 Posted : 8/5/2007 1:35:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

anyone use "the machine"? its supposed to be a good way of doing it... [quote:7aa5de2758]from THE ENTHEOGEN REVIEW, VOLUME XII, NUMBER 1  VERNAL EQUINOX 2003 WELCOME TO THE MACHINE A problem for some true DMT aficionados is the difficulty involved in effectively delivering large doses—ideally without leaving one’s lungs feeling like they’ve been coated with caustic residue. For those who really want to get a 50 mg dose or more, rather than just burning that much, there is finally a solution. “The Machine” is an amazingly effective drug delivery device that I recently test-drove. It is capable of holding one or many doses, for one person’s repeated use or multiple users. I was introduced to The Machine by an Australian friend who, at the 2002 Burning Man, also taught me about the benefits that can be derived by using mullein when smoking tryptamines. The expectorant properties of mullein help clear out the lungs after smoking, and it also permits deeper inhalations without coughing during smoking. Mullein is also useful for using 5-MeO-DMT due to additionally permitting easier eye-balling of doses, via standardization. The only materials needed to fashion The Machine are a small glass bottle and a bit of extremely coarse steel wool, as is used for scrubbing pans. For the bottle, a single-serving Hennessy Cognac bottle works great, due to its long neck coupled with a handy pre-formed weak spot in the bottom. After breaking or drilling a small hole in the bottom of the bottle, a bit of steel wool is rolled into a plug and then pushed into the neck. Any loose bits inside can be compacted gently by using a probe inserted through the hole broken in the bottom. This is the finished device ready to be charged. To charge The Machine, enough for one or more good doses (the more the better) is directly applied to the surface of the steel wool at the mouth of the bottle. The neck of the bottle is then gently heated just enough to cause the alkaloid to melt into the steel wool plug. If not intended for immediate use or if intermittent use is desired the cap can be replaced over the charge to protect it. Freshly applied DMT resin can be prevented from contacting the cap by placing a small piece of paper between it and the cap (rolling paper works well for this). The Machine can also be charged for multiple users by placing a much larger quantity on the inside of the plug by dropping it through the broken hole. Charging is done the same way, by gently heating the neck until the plug absorbs the alkaloid. To use The Machine, simply point the neck downwards and heat the steel wool plug from below with a lighter, while slowly inhaling through the hole made in the bottom. (Take care not to overheat and ignite the steel wool.) Rotating the bottle while heating will help it volatilize evenly. The high surface area and heat distribution of the steel wool traps the liquid alkaloid, both retaining it and driving it into vapor. This trapping effect also permits the pipe to be simply set down, then picked up and reheated, as needed. There is little to no loss with The Machine and for some unknown reason we have reliably found this pipe to be smoother on the lungs than many far less efficient devices—particularly the glass “crack” pipes. The amount of alkaloid that this device is capable of delivering must be experienced to be believed. The bottle can be reused but the steel wool should be replaced regularly. While The Machine works with many materials, extracted Acacia alkaloid is highly recommended. — Justin Case Note: Having recently tested The Machine, I give it my highest endorsement. Previously the “burned plastic” taste and seared lung feelings from smoking a regular DMT pipe had caused me to abandon smoking as an approach to ingesting DMT. It was simply too painful and I never got a big enough hit to experience much effect, frequently coughing out too soon the hit that I did get. For whatever reason, vapor produced by The Machine wasn’t nearly as rough as that smoked through a normal DMT pipe. And man, does this pipe deliver a punch! — DAVID AARDVARK[/quote:7aa5de2758][/quote]

freedominphilly
#10 Posted : 8/5/2007 4:20:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM made a 'machine' and tried it out. He said it sucked. He likes the parsley sandwich method best.