We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How to change these experiences to be more positive? Options

jesus9112
#1 Posted : 9/8/2012 8:57:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I finally have blasted off twice after about 20 trys and i have finally gotten it down. I only have a small issue which i am hoping to change...

First off, my first blast off was very frightning and i completely accepted my own death. This blast off ended up being positive at the end and it was great but had many thoughts of own death very spirutal but also horrfiying.

Next, my second blast off... After taking the hit i experienced much horror although at times bliss, my doses were pretty high though. The experience only lasted 5 minutes but it felt like many hours. When i am at my peak i do feel bad vibes, and I think that I am getting these is because my past salvia out of body experiences.

On salvia i had a train wreck trip after about 25 uses. In this is I experienced much horror and loss of control of my body. I think my subconcious is fighting it like it did with the salvia.

My second dmt trip after my peak was coming to an end, and I returned to earth ,I cried because i was so happy of what i saw. Don't get me wrong it was somewhat horrifiyng and i felt like i was dying. It was a beautiful experience but is there any way to get rid of me thinking bad thoughts? It seems as soon i get in i feel like; im dead thats it, how will people remember me?

Has anyone also had bad effects from tripping salvia onto their dmt trip or any other trip?

Please let me know if anyone can help me in trying get rid of bad thoughts on the peak.

This drug has definately changed my life for the better but i want it more under control when i do it again. I understand a spiritual experience is difficult to get through to reach the end but i know its worth it.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Global
#2 Posted : 9/8/2012 1:09:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Perhaps you need to reflect more on what death means to you while sober. See if you can integrate your experiences with what you know about death. It seems that you have some "control" issues to deal with. If you can manage to keep your calm, and refrain from making judgements during the chaos of an experience, you should find you'll have a much easier time. If you find yourself resisting, you'll be creating your own boat of trouble. Before blasting off, remind yourself that you can't and won't die during the experience. Repeat it over 10 times in your head. Repeat it to yourself as you're holding your hit in. I find that the thoughts that are in your head shortly before a trip can take on lives of their own, so if you're mentally repeating, "I can't die. I will be safe. I can't die. I will be safe..." then there's a good chance that you'll hear that within the experience as a friendly reminder or perhaps it will even change the content of the experience. Either way, the more you manage to keep your cool, the better the turnarounds are at the end. Even the worst experience can end in moments of bliss.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Hyperspace Fool
#3 Posted : 9/8/2012 1:55:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah man, everyone who knows me here knows I am not Salvia's biggest fan.

I think it can be useful... especially when quidded like a lump of chewing tobacco or coca. And, the straight leaf is not strong enough to fully expose you to what lies behind that spinning and grinning vortex. My decision to place ol' salvia in that category I reserve for "somewhat dark medicines" (includes the various datura species as well), came after growing and extracting my own super potent extracts. As the concentration got up there, the vortex became a two-way door through which I could be dragged into "their" leggoland processing plant AND through which they could come through and wreak havoc on this side.

I had a number of unexplainable and miraculous things happen that even my sober sitters could witness to varying degrees, but the real clincher for me was when I started remembering what actually happened to me on the other side. These fuzzy warrior elves of salvia may grin, but they are not smiling with their eyes. My experiences were unpleasant and alarming, involving being experimented on, scanned into their machines, fractally segmented and other such things that left me feeling violated.

DMT, thankfully, is nothing like that for me. I feel extremely welcome in hyperspace and it makes me feel superhuman rather than helpless. With DMT I really believe you can be taught to access higher functions of what it means to be a conscious entity... and it is much nicer to encounter higher beings, ascended masters, goddesses, buddhas and other divine entities... rather than the salvia corps.

At any rate... making it more positive is a relatively simple matter.

1) Learn and practice meditiation

This will give you more skills and abilities in controlling and focusing your mind. It is an essential as far as I am concerned whether or not you use entheogens... and exponentially so for psychonauts.

2) Play more positive music when you blast off

Many people report horrific experiences when they journey, and then they tell me they were listening to gloom metal, gabber, or dodgy glitch-hop. Even things that are not explicitly dark are probably best left for getting stoned to... gangster rap is like that for me.

Put on music that actively clears and holds the space open for high vibration entities. This might mean listening to stuff that you would normally find boring or sappy. But trust me... it works like a charm. I have said it before and I will say it again... get yourself some good gospel and play that shit loud when you blast off. Even if you are anti-christian, that music will not let minor creepy crawlys hang around. Other religious and spiritual music works well also, but you have to be sure the performers were shining light and not assume that everything with a sitar is going to be uplifting.

3) Use some NLP, subliminal affirmations, and make yourself a mantra to repeat when you get sketched

These things work. There is no shame in utilizing tools that can help you. Shit, if pop-spiritual shyte like The Secret makes you feel good, use it.

4) Work on your weaknesses and issues when not high

Go to therapy, do some regression, study martial arts, become a fearless warrior shaman. In native american traditions the shaman (men of power) were expected to have conquered their fear of death BEFORE blasting off into cosmic realms.

Your problem doesn't seem to be so much with dark entities, but rather your own fears relating to the fact that the DMT experience is a lot like what people think dying and death should be like. You will simply need to steel your mind with the truth that you are taking a physically harmless alkaloid, and no matter how earth shattering the experience gets... you WILL come down and if you don't do anything extremely stupid (smoking spice on a cliff or alone in a body of water)... you will not die.

I wish you the best brother. Welcome to the Nexus.

Here are a couple examples of positive trip inducing tunes.

"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

onyx
#4 Posted : 9/8/2012 8:19:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

create a good mood for yourself and smile as much as you can in your daily life...fear no fear cause where you are going theres a big range of entities and some of them will take advantage of your fear..
good luck Smile

joedirt
#5 Posted : 9/8/2012 9:41:01 PM

Not I

HyperspaceFool gives very solid advice.

Peace
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Crassty338
#6 Posted : 9/8/2012 9:49:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For me, I find the best thing to do before blasting off is make sure my environment is happy, and feels safe. By this I mean, lower the lights, or turn em off and have a soft light source of some sort, and have some music on quietly that makes you happy, or has good memories associated with it (Personally, I love Tibetan monks throat chanting... I know it sounds kinda weird, but it is REALLY cool background sound for DMT). Also, make the area you lay back on comfortable... like if you lay back on your bed when blasting off, make sure you have plenty of pillows and blankets around you Smile

After that is done, clear your mind for a few minutes, take some deep calm breaths, and think about why you want to blast off, and what you are hoping to find in hyperspace. Often times, what you find there is *not* what you expect, but I find it helps to do this.

In general, try to approach life out of hyperspace with a positive attitude and smile everyday Very happy I find that the more positive your life is, the more enjoyable and less frightening my trips end up being. These are all things I do, and I hardly ever have frightening or overwhelming trips into hyperspace. I sometimes weep a little after coming back to reality, simply from the beauty of the things I saw and realized "out there"! Razz Hope this helps, my friend! Happy and safe travels!

Sky Motion
#7 Posted : 9/8/2012 9:57:36 PM

<3

Seconding Hyperspacefools advice he said it all lol

jesus9112
#8 Posted : 9/9/2012 5:58:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

thanks a lot guys i will definately take the advice with the music, although I was listening to deep forest. What i think is causing it is just my daily life. I worry a lot in my life and I constantly think of me screwing up and ruining my life. I feel that this reflects on my dmt trips, if i conquer myself in a dmt trip maybe i can conquer my anxiety in real life. I will see, i think im going to wait a little while to trip again, hopefully next time i will be ready.