We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LSA solubility properties Options

mew
#1 Posted : 8/29/2012 4:31:03 AM

huachumancer

please contribute

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

mew
#2 Posted : 8/29/2012 4:31:51 AM

huachumancer

if anyone has any information from their personal experience (or can reference an example) ill update the master list to include the information.

benzyme
#3 Posted : 8/29/2012 5:09:01 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

the Merck index would list the common forms of LSA, and what they're soluble in.

*edit* salts, for the most part, will be soluble in water(and weakly soluble in alcohol), regardless of what salt it is . free base LSA is soluble in dcm, ethyl acetate, benzene, toluene, and xylene.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

ouro
#4 Posted : 8/29/2012 6:33:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the most important thing to know is: LSA freebase is soluble in acetone, tartaric acid is soluble in acetone, but LSA tartrate is insoluble in acetone. I bet fumerate is the same way but I never tried it.

benzyme
#5 Posted : 8/29/2012 6:38:06 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

that would probably be a safe bet.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

mew
#6 Posted : 8/29/2012 3:27:33 PM

huachumancer

thanks guys!

from what i understand,

LSA pulled with acetone (quantity could be reduced via evaporation) then mixed with TASA will precipitate LSA tartrate

Kash
#7 Posted : 9/2/2012 7:48:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

Yes, pulling with acetone and reducing and mixing with tartaric acid solution might precip lsa tartrate. When I was testing pulling with water, IPA, and acetone I found that when the acetone reduced the natural lsa salts precipitated out on their own. However, you cant really collect them very well from solution because they are very fine crystals they tend to pass through common filter paper, and also becuase the yeild is often pretty small mass-wise. Evaporation seems best over precipitation in this case.

Who knows though, LSA tartrate might form bigger crystals.
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.