We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Lophophora williamsii grafted on Selenicereus root stock Options

bufoman
#21 Posted : 2/8/2009 5:31:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

There is no evidence to suggest that it losses any potency. In fact the evidence shows that it does NOT loss any potency. I find this study a lot more credible than your opinion. There are likely others studies which confirm this. Also no other sources on these cacti make such claims. There is nothing wrong with the method of these authors. It is ok to be wrong about things. Why do you disagree, what do you base your opinion on?

I never can understand why people can never admit they were wrong. Things happen, just admit it.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

'Coatl
#22 Posted : 2/8/2009 4:34:31 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Hey if I'm wrong... I'll admit it.

However I don't think I'm wrong!

BUT I can't sit here and keep saying it's true without finding something to back up my opinion...

So let me get back to you!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Tropical
#23 Posted : 2/9/2009 7:53:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

almost 4 am so i gotta be short. in san pedro it was theorized that alkaloids are formed and stored in at least the same region in the stem. which would mean grafting has little affect on the matter of alkaloid production as it does not *seem* to relate to the roots at all like other plants.

here is the paper, i'm posting it cause it seems easy to find on google so i don't think i am breaking any copyright laws...?

My own "studies on mice" have shown that already mature Lophophora williamsii grafted to either Myrtillocactus geometrizans or Stenocereus pruinosus are very much active. A good study would be to use obviously immature plants, such as 6 month Pereskiopsis grafts and dry them. also have some mature seed grown plants and dry both and measure out equal doses of the 2 groups and try them out at different times. In time a whole mess of experiments will be done Smile

kemist
#24 Posted : 2/10/2009 11:36:15 AM

John

Thanx for reply everybody Wink

Kada wrote:

My own "studies on mice" have shown that already mature Lophophora williamsii grafted to either Myrtillocactus geometrizans or Stenocereus pruinosus are very much active. A good study would be to use obviously immature plants, such as 6 month Pereskiopsis grafts and dry them.

'Coatl wrote:
Those are Pereskiopsis cacti which the Lophophora are grafted upon.

But I was asking about grafting on Selenicereus grandiflorus
bellow

Selenicereus grandiflorus is a cactus species originating from the Antilles, Mexico and Central America. The species is commonly referred to as Nightblooming Cereus, Queen of the Night (though these two terms are also used for other species), Large-flowered Cactus, Sweet-Scented Cactus or Vanilla Cactus. The true species is extremely rare in cultivation. Most of the plants under this name belong to other species or hybrids.

Look at this picture and check out the plant in the left bottom corner. That`s what I talking about.

You know,parrot bring this stuff over and ILPT was looking at parrot and parrot looked back at ILPT and the both went Shocked with this funny weirdo.

Place is limited so is crucial to find out whether is worthy to propagate this weird ugly mutants or not

ALSO
Quote:
An easily cultivated, fast growing epiphyte or lithophytic plant. Needs a compost containing plenty of humus and sufficient moisture in summer. Should not be kept under 5ºC (41ºF) in winter. Perform best if grown in full sun. Extra light in the early spring will stimulate budding. Flowers in late spring or early summer, only blooms one night a year.

Does it means that One should water this WUM(weird ugly mutant)more then REGULAR PEOTE Wut?
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

Tropical
#25 Posted : 2/10/2009 1:27:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

kemist
#26 Posted : 2/10/2009 3:15:06 PM

John

Kada wrote:
the point i was trying to make is that alk's *seem* to be produced in the stem, and don't really move around much. many plants either produce and/or store the alk's in the roots. it *seems* not so with many cacti. this translates to grafted cacti will still produce mescaline (this is not proven so don't think it is Pleased). If this is true, the grafting stock should not matter at all, cause the roots would *THEORETICALLY* not be that important for alkaloid production Smile i mentioned the stocks above because it should be mentioned which species have been used Smile

in short, again theoretically, there probably isn't any difference between root stocks used.

hope that helps Smile

Es un poema.

Well parrot said we give it go. Even if the potency would be loosen the speed of growing would most likely compensate it.Mean One should accumulate enough lophi alkaloids for research in very short time.Smile
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

shoe
#27 Posted : 2/11/2009 3:57:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM Asks "Is it just me, or if you immagine peyote's budding off, growing fat and budding off again do you have a sorta rudementary shot at what the elf fluid looks like?"

p.s those pictures are truely amazing. I had no idea one could do that...
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

kemist
#28 Posted : 2/16/2009 10:58:33 AM

John

One silly pigeon (and pissed as well) just casually asked parrot if One can graft lophophora on trichocerus species?
What do you kada (or others)think?

Observant
#29 Posted : 2/17/2009 6:24:29 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Works !
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Tropical
#30 Posted : 2/19/2009 2:53:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

kemist
#31 Posted : 2/19/2009 11:33:08 PM

John

Kada wrote:
associativum wrote:
Works !

Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy

works quite well to boot. cacti, as the theory goes, can all be grafted together. Smile
Shocked mushy :-)

Fuego
#32 Posted : 2/25/2009 9:10:50 PM

Riggly Maynard Charlston Bentsworth |||

Location: my secret volcano lair, really everyone should have one its so cool
anyone ever had the idea to graft pereskiopsis onto itself to form a bi-level pyramid of pyramids and then where the top four grafts meet to put a bunch of bridgesii pups?

kemist
#33 Posted : 4/19/2009 8:20:52 AM

John

In Adam Gottliebs 'Peyote and other psychoactive cacti' he says that alkaloids do not cross from grafting stock to scion. As for alkaloid content of grafted vs non grafted I have read in the above mentioned book that alkaloid content will not increase at the same rate as growth and that it needs to be re rooted and left for a year for levels to balance out.
That`s a shame!

Fuego wrote:
anyone ever had the idea to graft pereskiopsis onto itself to form a bi-level pyramid of pyramids and then where the top four grafts meet to put a bunch of bridgesii pups?

If what I wrote above is true, then pyramiding is pointless. It would look spectacular those pyramids, though!

'Coatl
#34 Posted : 4/19/2009 6:03:55 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
In Adam Gottliebs 'Peyote and other psychoactive cacti'....

..... that book is unscientific at best and a load of bullshit at worst.

However...

Quote:
for alkaloid content of grafted vs non grafted I have read in the above mentioned book that alkaloid content will not increase at the same rate as growth and that it needs to be re rooted and left for a year for levels to balance out.

That IS correct. You must grow your peyote on it's own roots for a few years after grafting to increase potency.

Quote:
If what I wrote above is true, then pyramiding is pointless. It would look spectacular those pyramids, though!

Not true. Somebody has done this with a Trichocereus (check the shroomery) it makes it grow really fast!

Quote:
Peyote Cultivation-

1) Obtain Lophophora williamsii = "Peyote" seeds.

2) Sow the seeds and grow the seedlings in a humid enviroment for six months to one year (6 months - 1 year) SLOWLY "hardening then off" to a fairly dry enviroment.

3) Grow the seedlings as quickly as possible until they flower (grafting is ok at this stage). Allow them to flower for two or three (2-3) years, thus producing many seeds.

4) The cacti should all be on their own roots now. Begin "hard growth" to increase potency for three to seven (2-5) years. Grow the cacti under fairly harsh conditions.

5) After the Peyote cactus is five to thirteen (5-13) years past flowering age and has been "hard grown" for a number of years, it may be harvested following the proper method ensuring some areoles are left to produce new "Pups" or "Crowns".

The total process should take anywhere from 5-25 years if you start with seed, some say you can have ready to eat Peyote in 3 years if you graft! It's worth the wait.

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

PREV12