We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Using raw cannabis Options

Bancopuma
#1 Posted : 8/20/2012 12:52:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You tend to hear that for ganja ingestion, your best is to cook with it, using fats or oils as a base, or use alcohol as a solvent for the THC and other actives. I have found these methods to certainly be effective, but I'm wondering if anyone else has tried using ganja raw, 'as is'?

I have, and have found it on numerous times to be really effective. The interesting thing is that I use trim leaf, which when smoked gives a very subtle buzz. I simply sprinkle a few powdered pinches into a milkshake...bananas, full fat milk and some good vanilla ice cream as a base (you want some fat content in there to help the THC dissolve...any other ingredients such as cocoa powder or frozen fruits can be added as desired), then simply blend it up and drink it. This is a consistently delicious, potentially nutritious (if calorific) and stress free recipe, and can produce surprisingly powerful and long lasting results. So while heat may assist with activating the actives in ganja, it certainly isn't necessary. Thought this may be of interest to raw food peeps or gourmet ganja types or anyone looking for a hassle free alternative to smoking. I'm also wondering whether by not heating it in any way, certain other actives in the plant may be retained. Happy blending! Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Wax
#2 Posted : 8/20/2012 1:44:45 AM

LUVR

Even if it is not heated, if it is cured it should be the same THC,CBD...so on. If it is uncured and unheated however the THC and other cannabinoids remain as acids and can be eaten in vast amounts without any active effect, apparently the cannabinoid acids are far better for health and can be taken in massive doses further increasing the benefit of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa0nLdVJiIg This is a great video about the health effects of juicing raw cannabis.

'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'