We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Kash's Advanced LSA Extraction Options

Kash
#1 Posted : 8/15/2012 6:53:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

Posted in the WIKI: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m..._Advanced_LSA_Extraction

== Pure LSA Extraction, Visually Active with no Nausea or Bodyload ==

=== Procedure ===

Procedure Main: Clean Liquid LSA Extract

1)Pulverize your seeds into a powder using a coffee grinder or your method of choice.

2)Thoroughly mix in a glass the seed powder and 100 ml of acetone. Mix constantly for 2-3 hrs with a magnetic stirrer, or soak/mix 6 hours in a jar by hand.

3)After this, filter solution and set aside acetone extract in a glass and cover with plastic wrap to prevent early evaporation. Put seed mush back into the original cup and cover with 100 ml new acetone.

4)Repeat steps 3-4 two more times so you have atleast 3 extractions (can do more if desired). . After third extraction, discard seed mush and combine the extracts into an evaporation dish/bowl. Set up a fan blowing on the extraction to speed evaporation. Doesn't take too long. Evap to dryness, making sure there is no more acetone smell.

5)Mix in a glass 100 ml distilled water and a pinch of citric acid (pH 3-5). Add to the dry crude LSA extract and mix well for 10 minutes. Not everything will dissolve. Filter out the solids. There should now be 100 ml of aqueous LSA citrate.

6)Defat this solution with 50 ml naptha, mixing well for 10 minutes. Seperate layers with a 10 ml syringe and discard naptha. Repeat. Make sure the second time that there is no remaining naptha floating in your LSA extract after defat.

7)Now its time to freebase the LSA so it can be extracted from the water layer. Add a small amount of ammonia (around 1 ml) to solution until it changes to a light yellow color. PH should be roughly 9-10.

8]Quickly add 50 ml toluene or DCM to the solution and mix well for 15-20 minutes. After, seperate the layers with syringe and set aside the 50 ml of toluene or DCM in a glass. Repeat this step 1 or 2 more times depending on how scrupulous you want to be. Afterwards, discard your yellow/green water layer.

9)Now with your combined toluene or DCM extracts, set them to evaporate in an evaporation dish/bowl with the aid of a fan. This again shouldnt take too long, and you end up with a pure white crystal residue once dry. This could be consumed, but will oxidize pretty quickly over a few days if left out of solution. It turns increasingly tan as an indicator of oxidation.

10)Once your pure extract is dry and there is absolutely no smell of solvent in your evap dish, add 10 ml distilled H2O and 5 ml 75% drinkable ethanol. Sprinkle in a pinch of tartaric acid and mix thoroughly for 10 minutes. Filter this, and store in a vial away from heat and light.

==== Comments ====
During evaporation steps, it is ok to apply mild heat to aid evaporation. Using a heat pad or water bath works well. Putting it on the stove is not mild heat... and absolutely no open flames! Organic solvents are highly flammable.

This product of clean liquid LSA extract glows bright blue under black light and is recommended to be combined with a small amount of peppermint oil 20 minutes before consuming. If solution turns milky after peppermint oil addition, add a little alcohol to increase solubility. Impure extractions recipes can leave you with stomach cramps and vasoconstriction, not to mention nausea, and the effects may not be very fun. A pure clean LSA extraction however... Absolutely no nausea or bodyload. It is a semi euphoric dreamy feeling psychedelic similar but different/less potent than LSD lasting about 6-10hrs, and can produce visuals of tracers, colorful symbols, and geometric patterns. Good luck to all and I hope this tek creates memorable experiences.

===Materials_list===

* 100 HBWR seeds Hawaiian Strain. Never buy Ghana strain. (Morning Glory seeds may be substituted in as well in much larger quantity)
|
* 300 ml acetone.
* 110 ml distilled H2O.
* 100 ml naptha.
* 100 ml toluene or DCM.
* 5 ml drinkable ethanol (everclear works well).
|
* 1 pinch citric acid.
* 1 ml ammonia.
* 1 pinch tartaric acid.
|
* Coffee filters and funnel.
* Evaporating dish/bowl.
* Syringe 10 ml.
* Stir stick.
* Glassware.
* Vial 15ml or more (preferably amberglass).
-All materials contained in this list can be found at hardware store, grocery store, or online by every-day consumers.

=== Dosage Information ===
LSA is a mid-duration psychedelic entheogen that lasts about 6-10 hours. The experience varies greatly on how the entheogen is consumed whether it is in the form of raw seeds or extracted. The exact nature of the LSA experience is debated, as experiences vary with each person. LSA tends to produce a dreamlike state with mild to significant visions and can be accompanied by euphoria, sedation, nausea, and vasoconstriction. Raw LSA containing seeds tend to bring on much more of the side-effects than cleaned extracts. Peppermint oil is often combined with LSA extracts leading to a more positive experience, though the exact mechanism for this phenomenon is unknown. Some believe it to be the formation of LSH, an unstable lysergic compound more closely resembling LSD, though this topic is hotly disputed.
It is difficult to accurately measure doses of LSA extract, since potency can vary. In general you can get a rough idea by comparing the ratio of seeds to liquid extract volume. A small amount of peppermint oil should be added to the LSA extract 20 minutes prior to consuming. While dosages vary for everyone, I believe this to be a fairly accurate scale of dosage for the extraction procedure:

* '''Threshold''' < 10 seeds worth
* '''Light''' 10-19 seeds worth
* '''Common''' 20-34 seeds worth
* '''Strong''' 35-50 seeds worth
* '''Heavy''' > 50 seeds worth

=== Pictures ===

Here's a picture of final evap and a vial of clear LSA extract under black light.

--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

mew
#2 Posted : 8/15/2012 8:28:44 AM

huachumancer

magnificent,

might you theorize a way to remove:
-naptha
-toulene
-ammonia

ive had great results with hbwr
i find that 10-15 seeds is plenty, mews hasnt pushed past 15 yet (that was with 18inches achuma though)

lewinii
#3 Posted : 8/15/2012 5:46:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

way to go kash, thats some potent looking extract you have there. i will have to try this someday
"science never proves anything; you can never duplicate an event precisely at the same moment in time as the initial event. science can only show correlation from the evidence and data derived from it." -benzyme

→ Donate to the Nexus! ←

Kash
#4 Posted : 8/16/2012 2:56:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mew wrote:
magnificent,

might you theorize a way to remove:
-naptha
-toulene
-ammonia

ive had great results with hbwr
i find that 10-15 seeds is plenty, mews hasnt pushed past 15 yet (that was with 18inches achuma though)

Ya you can literally just use a 10 ml syringe to seperate all layers in this extraction becuase it is such a small volume of liquid you are working with.

As for the dosages, they may be adjusted, but it seems you can handle alot more LSA when its not polluted with extra seed alkaloid impurities. Ive tried 20 and 30 seed extract portions so far and had a great time.

@ lewinii, thanks Thumbs up
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

pau
#5 Posted : 8/16/2012 4:57:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, sounds terrific !!! And thanks for this effort.

One quick question on step 1 about boiling the MgSO4 until dry: is that boiling it straight from the jar, or boiling after the powder has been first diluted in water?
WHOA!

Kash
#6 Posted : 8/16/2012 5:56:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pau wrote:
One quick question on step 1 about boiling the MgSO4 until dry: is that boiling it straight from the jar, or boiling after the powder has been first diluted in water?

Thats cooking a 1/2 cup of epsom salt on a plate in the microwave for a few minutes, until all the water boils out of it.

un-known-ome
#7 Posted : 8/20/2012 3:28:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just wrapped up this extraction last night. A few notes:

- I started with 10 grams of Hawaiian HBWR seeds.
- I basified to a PH of approximately 9 with lye instead of ammonia.
- I substituted Toluene and DCM with Xylene but then encountered emulsions, so I added more base and used low heat.

I haven't tried my final product yet, but when I do I'll be sure to report back. When I last extracted LSA, it was rather unpleasant but definitely psychedelic.
"Culture is NOT your friend" - TMK

Dead-Yolk-Mau5
- Yolks N' Stuff ( 2008 )

The year is 01 ADMT

Kash
#8 Posted : 8/20/2012 11:50:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

un-known-ome wrote:
I just wrapped up this extraction last night. A few notes:

- I started with 10 grams of Hawaiian HBWR seeds.
- I basified to a PH of approximately 9 with lye instead of ammonia.
- I substituted Toluene and DCM with Xylene but then encountered emulsions, so I added more base and used low heat.

I haven't tried my final product yet, but when I do I'll be sure to report back. When I last extracted LSA, it was rather unpleasant but definitely psychedelic.

LSA is a really pH sensitive molecule, you cant just add excess base to it like dmt to get rid of an emulsion, it will start to hydrolyze Im pretty sure. Also, you really shouldnt heat it up at all really when its in basic solution. I also wouldnt recommend using lye. But hey let me know if it all worked out ok. Ive never had to deal with an emulsion in this tek.

Swim just took a 40 seed portion of LSA extract that was mixed for 15 minutes with peppermint oil yesterday and tripped his face off with a friend. Was very clean feeling and relaxed. Rainbows and vibrant fractal energy danced all over the skies and throughout his surroundings and music sounded great. The head-space was very acid like but different. Was a bit intense but he was able to keep it together lol. Whole trip was about 8 hrs long.

Kash
#9 Posted : 8/23/2012 4:11:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In response to a few pm's about subbing in materials... This procedure is the way SWIM has used with success and had zero problems every time. The materials can be procured EASILY without any specials licenses or access by anyone, and if you want a smooth extraction, use the materials mentioned.

That being said, SWIM beleives it would be possible to sub in some materials if people want to do so at their own RISK as I have not tried these...

Can recommend substituting ammonia and naptha. Ammonia can be possibly subbed with a decently concentrated sodium bicarb solution or a very carefully made light NaOH (Lye) or KOH solution, each requiring a pH of 9-9.5. If pH gets too high it will destroy the lsa, too low it wont extract. The naptha can be subbed with just about any organic solvent not miscible with H2O.

Tartaric acid could likely be subbed with fumaric acid.

As for the dcm/toluene, SWIM would really recommend just going to the small local hardware store and buying for 10$ in the solvent section... Other things may not extract as well and cause an emulsion. SWIM doesnt like Xylene smells horribly.

benzyme
#10 Posted : 8/23/2012 5:40:07 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

xylene smells like love.

notes about extracting lsa:
-high pH isomerizes lsa to iso-lsa.
-literature for the art of extracting lsa from claviceps spp. suggest using ethyl acetate.
i've used both dcm and xylene with no problems whatsoever.
(well, i did bump into one thing...methanol/ethanol is miscible with dcm).
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

mew
#11 Posted : 8/23/2012 6:12:56 AM

huachumancer

benzyme wrote:

-high pH isomerizes lsa to iso-lsa.

is this a bad thing?

benzyme wrote:
-literature for the art of extracting lsa from claviceps spp. suggest using ethyl acetate.
i've used both dcm and xylene with no problems whatsoever.

mind sharing how to make your own ethyl acetate or a kitchen chemists version

benzyme wrote:
(well, i did bump into one thing...methanol/ethanol is miscible with dcm).

what is the reasoning for this?

Kash
#12 Posted : 8/23/2012 6:22:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

High pH 9.5+ will make iso-lsa and lysergic acid I beleive, both of which are orally inactive. When your pH exceeds 9.5, the solution will begin to go from green to blue, indicating that pH is too high and bi-products are forming.

Ethyl acetate can be made relatively easily, though not by the average home chemist since it requires mixing and distillation of ethanol, acetic acid, and sulfuric acid.

mew
#13 Posted : 8/23/2012 6:47:14 AM

huachumancer

is iso lsa and lysergic acid good for anything? can it be used sublingually/plugged or used in a reaction to create another product that is more desirable

well i have ethanol and acetic acid... also i could ferment some apple juice too then freeze it to remove water and add mgso4 to maybe dry it (im told this dosent work but i dont know why)
just for shitsngiggles how migh ethyl acetate be made?

also ill be trying out this process with toulene (kleanstrip?) in the upcoming weeks, just assembling the regents

Kash
#14 Posted : 8/23/2012 6:56:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cant wait to hear about your results mew I know you'll do that shit right. Smile

Lol and ya iso-lsa and lysergic acid are inactive but can be used to make lsd of course duh, but thats a frowned upon discussion. Razz

Since making ethyl acetate is a synthesis it is also not something to discuss here lol. Its easy though just google it.

mew
#15 Posted : 8/23/2012 7:45:12 AM

huachumancer

have you tried something along these lines:

powder seeds
bassify with minimal water, make paste, let dry
powder basic seed pulp
pull with dry acetone
filter finely/decant pure acetone solution
dissolve tartaric acid into dry acetone
freeze precipitate lsa tartrate
collect salts

voila

Eliyahu
#16 Posted : 8/26/2012 6:45:45 PM
סנדלפון

Hola!

Just wanted to report that I attempted Kash's recipe except that I used lime/naptha instead of ammonia/dcm and the results were amazing great yield, next to no nausea....

Next time I plan to use morning glories instead just because I feel like the spirit of morning glory is a more friendly sort than HBWR but that could just be my imagination.

thanks kash
And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

mew
#17 Posted : 8/26/2012 9:20:41 PM

huachumancer

about how much base were you using?

mew has washing soda and lye, but will probably get some lime for this anyway

Eliyahu
#18 Posted : 8/28/2012 6:36:59 AM
סנדלפון

Sorry Mew my chemistry skills lack so I did not weigh anything.

Like grandma in the kitchen..I just eyeballed it. I used about a little less than one level teaspoon lime vs. 25 seeds worth of lsa ascorbate evaporated gunk stuff. then I did naptha pull 10 minutes after. Also I used no acetone I just used water and ascorbic acid for the first pull, forgot to mention that.

And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

mew
#19 Posted : 8/29/2012 4:20:52 AM

huachumancer

let me get this straight, you converted seeds to ascorbate then evaporated your salts and pulled with naptha to yield a nice product?

Eliyahu
#20 Posted : 8/29/2012 7:10:15 AM
סנדלפון

I converted seeds to ascorbate via H20 then evaporated to salts..added the lime to the ascobate extract then I pulled with naptha to yield a nice product

And I tried it the other night. Can't say that I like it better than LSD as it tends to be more disorientating and cloudy than LSD from what I experienced.. Definitely some brilliant visuals at certain points with motion picture like CEV's.

I noticed there was some mild waves of nausea throughout the trip but that seemed normal to me as I am more sensitive than most to getting nauseated. However, the nausea was not really a factor compared to other LSA extracts I have tried. Good LSD is definitely way smoother than what I made but there are some major similarities as far as the visuals are concerned IMO.

If my hunch is correct, morning glories will give a more euphoric trip..but that is just my theory. I will try it with some MG in the near future and report on the difference if any.

123NEXT»