We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
The Mescaline Extraction Thread Options

Infundibulum
#61 Posted : 2/15/2009 5:06:16 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

, too drunk to give a coherent answersory

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Phlux-
#62 Posted : 2/15/2009 6:54:21 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

swim added a small amount of powdered peruvian torch to some basic water - pulled with xylene then salted the mesc out with 3 drops of hcl added to a cup of water, the water was evaporated lo leave this behind.
The second and third pull look like they will yeild far more than the first.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

69ron
#63 Posted : 2/16/2009 12:02:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is trying a different extraction from the torch.

He took 100 grams of outer green flesh that was dried, and powderized it. He thoroughly mixed in 50 grams of calcium hydroxide. He then mixed in 200 ml of water. This was mixed and kneaded like dough for about 5 minutes and left to sit and react for about an hour. This was very much like making Yopo. As with Yopo, the smell of ammonia being released showed the reaction was working well.

The initial mix wasn’t slimy after adding the water, which was very surprising. The calcium hydroxide seems to have broken down the slimy mucilage in the cactus.

SWIM then dried it in an oven at 212 F for a few hours until it was completely bone dry. Freebase mescaline is apparently very heat stable and can actually be purified by distillation. Poisson distilled mescaline extracted from San Pedro at 176 F (80 C) at reduce pressure and got some of the best yields ever recorded. So it seems pretty heat stable. At normal pressure it boils at 356 F (180 C). I assuming that it mescaline will be heat stable at 212 F (100 C), but I really don’t know.

SWIM put the material in a 1000 ml Soxhlet and started extracting the material with 750 ml of acetone. He ran the Soxhlet for 3:30 hours, amounting to a total of 10 automatic extractions (each automatic extraction being equivalent to 21 minutes of soaking in 500 ml of fresh re-distilled acetone). The first extraction came out lemon yellow. The last extraction came out almost clear with a hint of lemon yellow.

What’s interesting is that the extract is very clear. With other bases an acetone extract is dark green, nearly black. Calcium hydroxide seems to have reacted with something in the cactus making the extract much cleaner. The dark green material is either missing or was somehow bleached by the calcium hydroxide. I believe the dark green matter is a type of chlorophyll, and that the calcium hydroxide reacted with the chlorophyll making it insoluble in acetone.

He’s distilled off the acetone down to 60 ml. He then dried it with 2 grams of anhydrous magnesium sulfate, he then added 80 ml of fumaric acid saturated acetone in hopes of precipitating mescaline fumarate (mono-mescaline fumarate?).

White precipitates are currently forming in the acetone.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#64 Posted : 2/16/2009 2:16:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Attempting to precipitate mescaline fumarate from acetone is NOT working well. It turns out that most of the mescaline fumarate stays in the acetone. Only a very small amount precipitates out, it's mostly something other than mescaline fumarate that precipitates out.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Infundibulum
#65 Posted : 2/16/2009 9:54:49 AM

ModeratorChemical expert

Interesting. did swy tried to put the acetone in the freezer? if the mescaline fumarate is even slightly soluble in acetone, freeze-precipitation will take care of that.

SWIM does not know the solubility of mescaline fumarate in aacetone. He never really measured it. He might even have been losing a fair amount of mescaline when washing the fumarates with acetone.

kemist
#66 Posted : 2/16/2009 10:47:49 AM

John

69ron wrote:

SWIM then dried it in an oven at 212 F for a few hours until it was completely bone dry. Freebase mescaline is apparently very heat stable and can actually be purified by distillation. Poisson distilled mescaline extracted from San Pedro at 176 F (80 C) at reduce pressure and got some of the best yields ever recorded. So it seems pretty heat stable. At normal pressure it boils at 356 F (180 C). I assuming that it mescaline will be heat stable at 212 F (100 C), but I really don’t know.

Is SWIM sure?
ILPT heard that freebase mescaline melt around 35 degrees celsius = 95 Fahrenheit.
Sure you can safely vacuum distilled it, but oven heated it(a bit harsh,innit?) ?
69ron wrote:

He took 100 grams of outer green flesh that was dried, and powderized it. He thoroughly mixed in 50 grams of calcium hydroxide. He then mixed in 200 ml of water. This was mixed and kneaded like dough for about 5 minutes and left to sit and react for about an hour. This was very much like making Yopo. As with Yopo, the smell of ammonia being released showed the reaction was working well.
The initial mix wasn’t slimy after adding the water, which was very surprising. The calcium hydroxide seems to have broken down the slimy mucilage in the cactus.
SWIM put the material in a 1000 ml Soxhlet and started extracting the material with 750 ml of acetone.

And why is this STB approach taking place? What`s the matter with typical A/B

69ron wrote:
Food grade sulfuric acid is very hard to get.
What about using food grade fumaric acid saturated acetone to crash the mescaline out of the xylene?

What`s wrong with better known mescaline sulfate. Just get the acid for car battery, mush. what`s this food grade bollocs about?
You gonna deal with whole bunch of similar alkaloids, how can you be sure you will isolate just mescaline Why don`t you use your flash column chromatography?
Infundibulum wrote:
It sounds sound. There are some indications that it does work with FASA (the things SWIM's FAOF tried was with purified mescaline) so it may as well work with citric acid. But SWIM's friend does not know anyone who has ever tried that.

FASA tek works great to get dmt and does job for buf. ,but it isn`t showing to be suitable for cacti extraction.

As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

Phlux-
#67 Posted : 2/16/2009 1:27:50 PM

The Root

After figuring out that water evaps faster over a bowl of heated water the mesc is now cleaner - very white from what iv seen others pulling - this was a small test batch and its yeilding on every pull just as much - swims on pull 4 atm.

antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

Phlux-
#68 Posted : 2/16/2009 1:29:13 PM

The Root

anyone care to estimate what that weighs - its a standard sized small rizzla

antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Infundibulum
#69 Posted : 2/16/2009 1:47:45 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

First time I see something like that!!!SIWM's pretty envious he would say.

How did SWIY did it? what tek did he use oan/or what source of cactus?

As of weight, I have no clue to be honest!

Phlux-
#70 Posted : 2/16/2009 1:56:03 PM

The Root

im amazed at how white it is, iv seen this tek done countless times and its always brown.

Prepare cactus as usual, de-thorn, skin, core, etc... then dry it.
Grind dried cactus to a powder.
Prepare Basic Water with Lye as per the stb tek for spice.
Add Cactus powder and agitate - let it sit for an hour or 2
Place bottle containing mix in a hot water bath at about 60 Degrees.
Add Xylene and shake.
After the xylene has separated completely remove it from the basic water.
Mix 3 Drops of Hcl with 1 cup of water.
Add the hcl water to the xylene and shake it up(use about 1/3 the amount of acid water as u used xylene)
Let the Layers separate nicely.
Collect the Acidic water and evaporate it - place it in an evap dish on top of a bowl of very hot water to speed up this process greatly.
You should now be left with Mescaline hcl.
Add the xylene back to the basic jar and repeat many many times.

You can wash the mesc hcl with acetone to clean it - mesc hcl wont disolve in it.
Then u can disolve in water, filter and evap again.

Swim used some of his favorite short spined peruvian torch.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

69ron
#71 Posted : 2/16/2009 4:11:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

kemist wrote:
69ron wrote:

Is SWIM sure?
ILPT heard that freebase mescaline melt around 35 degrees celsius = 95 Fahrenheit.
Sure you can safely vacuum distilled it, but oven heated it(a bit harsh,innit?) ?

Well in the book “Trout's Notes on San Pedro” it’s stated that Poisson distills mescaline from San Pedro at 176 F (80 C) at reduced pressure and the yield was about 2% mescaline, which is extremely high.

Mescaline melts at 35 C (95 F), but because the boiling point is so high, I think it’s safe to dry in the oven at 212 F (100 C). But I AM NOT SURE OF THIS. SWIM never did that before. This was a test.

kemist wrote:
69ron wrote:

SWIM put the material in a 1000 ml Soxhlet and started extracting the material with 750 ml of acetone.

And why is this STB approach taking place? What`s the matter with typical A/B

This is a test. The purpose is to find alternative techs. SWIM has already done all the standard extraction techs out there for mescaline.

kemist wrote:
69ron wrote:
Food grade sulfuric acid is very hard to get.
What about using food grade fumaric acid saturated acetone to crash the mescaline out of the xylene?

What`s wrong with better known mescaline sulfate. Just get the acid for car battery, mush. what`s this food grade bollocs about?
You gonna deal with whole bunch of similar alkaloids, how can you be sure you will isolate just mescaline Why don`t you use your flash column chromatography?

SWIM doesn’t like using non-food grade chemicals.

There’s nothing wrong with mescaline sulfate if you can make it using food grade sulfuric acid. But SWIM is trying to learn about mescaline fumarate. Again, it’s just a test for the sake of expanding knowledge.

kemist wrote:
Infundibulum wrote:
It sounds sound. There are some indications that it does work with FASA (the things SWIM's FAOF tried was with purified mescaline) so it may as well work with citric acid. But SWIM's friend does not know anyone who has ever tried that.

FASA tek works great to get dmt and does job for buf. ,but it isn`t showing to be suitable for cacti extraction.

Yes. Mescaline fumarate is showing solubility in the non-polar solvents! It’s soluble in acetone and even a 2:1 mix of d-limonene:acetone, which is what SWIM just learned yesterday.

Infundibulum
#72 Posted : 2/16/2009 4:15:37 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

69ron wrote:
Yes. Mescaline fumarate is showing solubility in the non-polar solvents! It’s soluble in acetone and even a 2:1 mix of acetone in d-limonene, which is what SWIM just learned yesterday.

Aaaah, crap.

Lesson learned the hard wayLaughing

69ron
#73 Posted : 2/16/2009 4:19:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No problem.

SWIM took his 2:1 mix of acetone in d-limonene and extracted with dilute hydrochloric acid (converting the mescaline fumarate to mescaline HCl) and got one of the best yields of mescaline HCl he ever got. It was extremely clean after washing it with acetone.

SWIM learned a few things from this test:

* mescaline fumarate is quite soluble in acetone and a 2:1 mix of d-limonene:acetone. (He recovered the mescaline by conversion to mescaline HCl.)
* freebasing with calcium hydroxide produced one of the cleanest STBs ever by removing lots of impurities.
* acetone works for an STB.
* oven drying at 212 F doesn't destroy any of the freebase mescaline because SWIM's yields were the best ever (and that's from using the same cactus material from the exact same cactus other techs produced worse results on).

SWIM is very happy with this test. He learned a lot. He ended up with the best yield he’s ever had from that low quality cactus. He’s just starting to feel the low dose of mescaline he took 1 hour agoSmile

SWIM is very happy to find that calcium hydroxide actually works better than sodium hydroxide for a cactus STB. With sodium hydroxide, lots of junk gets pulled. With calcium hydroxide, most of the junk gets converted into insoluble calcium salts. Pretty cool.

kemist
#74 Posted : 2/16/2009 8:40:14 PM

John

Nice job 69ron.
But ILPT is somewhat sceptic about SWIM`s product. You call it mescaline,but how much mescaline(percentualy)it contain?
There is a whola bunch of alks. Making fumarates of it, is not as straightforward as makin DMT fumarate.
Did SVIM think to use chromatography?Shame he can`t analyse what he got
Btw. what flesh did swim use pedro or peruvian?
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

69ron
#75 Posted : 2/17/2009 12:11:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very low quality Torch was used. That batch of torch contains about 0.06-0.1% mescaline. It's from SWIM's back yard. This extraction was done using material that was pre-powdered from green flesh. SWIM did several other extractions on the same batch of powder. This extraction yielded the most at 0.192%. Most other standard extraction techs yielded 0.1% or less. This produced the best yields, but it’s true that SWIM doesn’t know exactly what alkaloids are being extracted.

Phlux-
#76 Posted : 2/23/2009 9:21:33 AM

The Root

okay so swim also leanred the hard way that mesc fumarate is soluble in acetone - he did his saltings as usual - hcl wize then after all the pulling was done he decided to add fasa to the xylene before recycling it. mesc fumarates dropped out but they looked very different like wet sherbert - swim tried to wash them in acetone but they dissapeared into the acetone. swim got it back out by evapping tho - he intends to recover it via hcl'ing it.

Also swims standard cactus extraction is still yeilding after 7 pulls but the amount is starting to decrease - perhaps not enough xylene is being used ? - how many pulls does it usualy take before nothing further comes out and also what is salt soluble in that mesc hcl is not or vice versa - swim wanted to test if somehow any salt made its way into his ex. just in case.

antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

69ron
#77 Posted : 2/23/2009 6:37:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
okay so swim also leanred the hard way that mesc fumarate is soluble in acetone - he did his saltings as usual - hcl wize then after all the pulling was done he decided to add fasa to the xylene before recycling it. mesc fumarates dropped out but they looked very different like wet sherbert - swim tried to wash them in acetone but they dissapeared into the acetone. swim got it back out by evapping tho - he intends to recover it via hcl'ing it.

Also swims standard cactus extraction is still yeilding after 7 pulls but the amount is starting to decrease - perhaps not enough xylene is being used ? - how many pulls does it usualy take before nothing further comes out and also what is salt soluble in that mesc hcl is not or vice versa - swim wanted to test if somehow any salt made its way into his ex. just in case.

Thanks for confirming that mescaline fumarate is soluble in acetone.

SWIM discovered that freebase mescaline is soluble in d-limonene.

He did a calcium hydroxide based STB tech (SWIM’s own tech) on dried powder San Pedro green flesh. He mixed 100 grams of powder San Pedro with 25 grams of calcium hydroxide and 300 ml of water. This got the pH up to 12.4. The calcium hydroxide breaks down the mucilage and makes mixing quite easy. He then extracted with 300 ml of d-limonene, followed by two pulls with 200 ml of xylene just in case the d-limonene didn’t work.

The solvents don’t take on a dark green color from the chlorophyll. Instead they become very light green. This is because the calcium hydroxide reacts with the chlorophyll, somehow changing it.

He salted both solvents separately with 20 ml of 5% HCl solution. Insoluble precipitates formed after mixing thoroughly. These are not mescaline, but something created by mixing the calcium hydroxide with the cactus. I believe it’s the mucilage or possibly the chlorophyll transformed by the calcium hydroxide into something else. These precipitates are soluble in the non-polar solvent until hydrochloric acid is added, then they become insoluble in water and the non-polar solvent. They are filtered out and discarded. Then the water layer containing the mescaline HCl is separated in a separatory funnel and then put in a 500 ml crystallization dish and evaporated on a hotplate set to 140 C with the aid of a fan (the actual temperature in the dish never gets hotter than 110 C so the mescaline HCl is quite safe).

Once the crystals were dry, SWIM scraped them up and washed the two separate batches (one extracted with xylene and the other with d-limonene) with 15 ml of acetone.

The single d-limonene pull yielded 274 mg of off white mescaline HCl.

The two combined xylene pulls yielded 164 mg of off white mescaline HCl.

The total yield so far is 438 mg, or 0.438% of the dry flesh. That’s the largest yield SWIM ever got from any San Pedro in the past. SWIM IS A HAPPY CAMPER Smile

SWIM will do pulls with d-limonene to see if he can’t get anymore mescaline from the cactus.

It’s nice to know that mescaline is soluble in d-limonene. 300 ml of d-limonene in one pull retrieved 274 mg of mescaline (amount given as the hydrochloride). From now on SWIM will only use d-limonene for extracting mescaline. It’s food grade, easy to buy on-line, not a suspicious chemical purchase, non-toxic, 100% natural, and SMELLS WAY BETTER THAN XYLENE!

EDIT: SWIM pulled an additional 335 mg using d-limonene. His total yield is 0.774 % so far. He believes there is still more to pull and will do more pulls later.

69ron
#78 Posted : 2/23/2009 7:04:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here’s SWIM’s new Lime Limonene STB mescaline extraction tech for San Pedro. It produced the best yields SWIM ever had.

1 – Thoroughly mix 100 grams of powder San Pedro with 25 grams of calcium hydroxide (hydrated lime) and then thoroughly mix in 300 ml of water. This is a thick mix. It’s meant to be wet but not watery. This brings the pH up to 12.4.

2 – Thoroughly mix in 300 ml of d-limonene.

3 – Pour off the d-limonene. None of the water will pour off, so don’t worry about that. Filter the d-limonene to remove any calcium particles that might be present.

4 – Thoroughly mix in 20 ml of 5% HCl solution. Lots of precipitates form. These are NOT mescaline.

5 – Filter the water and d-limonene solvent mix. A buchner funnel with a vacuum is best. Wash the precipitates with 10 ml of water, adding this water to your water and d-limonene solvent mix. (Note that these precipitates are soluble in 99% IPA, 91% IPA, and acetone, but insoluble in water, and insoluble in d-limonene.)

6 – Separate the water from the d-limonene. A separatory funnel is best.

6.1 - Repeat steps 4-6 2 more times.

6.2 - Repeat steps 2 through 6 at least 3 more times to get all the mescaline out.)

7 – Evaporate the water at about 190 F with a fan. Or put it in the oven. It should not be hot enough to boil the water.

8 – Wash the crystals twice with 15 ml of acetone by smashing them apart and mixing them thoroughly with the acetone. The acetone dissolves all the impurities. Let the mescaline HCl settle down and then decant the acetone carefully so that none of the mescaline HCl is lost. Then let the crystals dry. Once dry they should be off white with a slight pink color.

WHY USE THIS TECH?

* Because calcium hydroxide and d-limonene are not watched chemicals, and can both be found in 100% food grade form.

* Unlike xylene used in most other techs, d-limonene is non-toxic, food safe, and extracted from fruit.

* Perhaps the best reason of all is that d-limonene actually smells nice while xylene stinks more than any other solvent. Everyone hates the way xylene smells. D-limonene smells like oranges or lemons. It will make your house smell nice and fresh and natural instead of stinking it up really badly like xylene does.

VisualDistortion
#79 Posted : 2/23/2009 8:07:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks 69ron. This is now book marked, and I motion that 69ron non toxic mescaline extraction gets it's own sticky.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Phlux-
#80 Posted : 2/24/2009 6:54:30 PM

The Root

would it be fine to freebase mesc fumarate the same way as with dmt (make paste with carbonate) then pull with dry acetone and evap then saturate xylene with the freebase and salt it out with diluted hcl or is there a simpler way ?

How could i test if there is any other salt other than mesc hcl in my final product - what is mesc hcl soluble in that others arent or vice versa ?
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

«PREV23456NEXT»