We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
terrerium growing help me plz Options

sidefx
#1 Posted : 7/12/2012 1:07:45 PM

Is it Greedy to want to see everyone's Smile ?

I have been trying to find info into growing inside a fish tank, with ultra sonic misters possibly.

does any one know any good info, as it is hard to find munch info.
Any experienced out here?

I read that i dont want any "moisture forming on the rice cakes", during fruiting; why is this?

-Wouldnt i just otherwise be spraying the cakes with a spray bottle?

Cheers any pictures diagram or hints wanted Smile
"Given enough Time even Hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going"

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Orion
#2 Posted : 7/12/2012 9:49:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No moisture forming on the cakes during fruiting? I'm not sure about that... Spray/mist them generously a couple of times a day. The fruit body also absorbs water. You really don't need any kind of complex setup for fruiting, a fish tank will be a fine fruiting chamber. Moisten some perlite and line the bottom and place the cakes on tinfoil or a jar lid if you have a lot spare. I like jar lids because they hold the excess water after spraying for the cakes to soak up. Fan the chamber every day a couple of times and be sure to re-dunk between flushes.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

jamie
#3 Posted : 7/12/2012 10:36:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I mist mine plenty, couple times a day and then fan them. Worked for me I already had 1 flush and I can see pins starting for a second now.
Long live the unwoke.

Pup Tentacle
#4 Posted : 7/13/2012 4:12:56 PM

lettuce

I happen to be researching similar things to grow my little fun-guys in and ran across this at the Shroomery.

http://www.shroomery.org...-4get-Bubbleh-Humidifier

If you're not familiar with that site, check it out. It contains EVERYTHING one would even neer to know about mushrooms and if it doesn't there are people on there who can fill in the blanks. They are sticklers (as they should be) for the use of the "Search" feature, but I highly reccommend it. The Shroomery is to mushrooms as the Nexus is to spice.

Happy Shrooming!
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

Pup Tentacle
#5 Posted : 7/13/2012 4:30:31 PM

lettuce

jamie wrote:
I mist mine plenty, couple times a day and then fan them. Worked for me I already had 1 flush and I can see pins starting for a second now.

Pardon my nooby question, but when you fan, how long do you do it and what method do you use? I've been doing it for 30 seconds to a minute and just using the FC lid to do the fanning.
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

SnozzleBerry
#6 Posted : 7/13/2012 4:39:03 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

That's how I've fanned some of my monotubs without issue...I'd imagine it would be fine for cakes too.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

jamie
#7 Posted : 7/13/2012 5:13:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Pup Tentacle wrote:
jamie wrote:

Pardon my nooby question, but when you fan, how long do you do it and what method do you use? I've been doing it for 30 seconds to a minute and just using the FC lid to do the fanning.

Yeah I fan with the lid a few times a day and mist with a sprawy bottle.
Long live the unwoke.

Gone-and-Back
#8 Posted : 7/13/2012 5:23:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Honestly the best place to look for a terrarium setup would be the Shroomery. I remember using a file on there about setting up terrariums and what is needed for the cakes to successfully produce good fruits, it had diagrams of how the setup should look and step by step instructions on how to set it up. I believe it was good for the whole process as well. I actually never got around to trying it, due to the fact of someone found my spores and disposed of them...but I know people who have used it to their success.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

sidefx
#9 Posted : 7/16/2012 1:15:51 AM

Is it Greedy to want to see everyone's Smile ?

Thanks Pup Tentacle, that is exactly what i have been hearing about; positive pressure units Smile
"Given enough Time even Hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going"

jamie
#10 Posted : 7/16/2012 2:48:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

if you are thinking of building a shotgun chamber for fruiting..I tried that first..and felt like it did not hold enough humidity..I got another contained and skipped the holes..just fan it and mist it..I got one cake now with 14 fruits on it.
Long live the unwoke.

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish
#11 Posted : 7/27/2012 9:24:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I made a tub with a hillbilly humidifier/FAE system: cut off 2 liter bottle, drop large airstone in, fill up with water & salt. Attach a large (30-60 gallon capacity) aquarium airpump. No holes in my FC, and about 3 inches of wet pearlite & salt in the bottom.

Fruits have nice body size, so no lack of fresh air, humidity stays up. Tub is clear, so no opening and exposing to contams to peek at the progress. No holes in the tub, just a positive pressure system. Only been using it for about 4-5 projects thus far, but no contams in there yet, even after 3-5 flushes.

No reason why it wouldn't work in an aquarium too.
All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.

Pup Tentacle
#12 Posted : 7/31/2012 2:47:48 AM

lettuce

Any luck so far sidefx?
Pup Tentacle

Robert Anton Wilson