We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
8 States May Legalize Marijuana This Year – Did Yours Make the List? Options

dreamer042
#1 Posted : 7/28/2012 9:35:39 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Shaolin
#2 Posted : 7/28/2012 10:57:12 AM

Stiletto Stoner

2012 ballots regarding marijuana. This are potential ballots, not just those who have enough votes.

From the states that dreamoar posted, Montana, Nebraska and California failed to get enough signatures.

Washington succeeded, Oregon has problems and Colorado's petition deadline is in August.

I think Colorado, Oregon and Washington have state wide voting while in Michigan voting will only effect Denver and Flint. Same for Missouri and Springfield.

My guess is Colorado and Washington will go through. US insiders ?

Regarding medical, StopTheDrugWar has a good overview.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

Shaolin
#3 Posted : 9/3/2012 8:49:24 AM

Stiletto Stoner

NORML update

Quote:

The 2012 election is, without a doubt, the most important one yet in the world of marijuana law refom. Three states, Colorado, Washington, and Oregon will be voting to legalize marijuana use by responsible adults and Montana, Arkansas, and Massachusetts, will be voting on medical marijuana issues.

http://norml.org/about/smoke-the-vote
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

Simon Jester wrote:

NorthernGeno
#4 Posted : 9/3/2012 10:46:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I hope they do provinces and territories next! Maybe Canada will follow the U.S. and finally do something like this. My guess is B.C. or Quebec will be the first provinces to make it legal if it eventually happens.

Anyways I hope the election goes well! If it passes, the future of marijuana could go either way. I think it will probably be a positive thing though Very happy

Shaolin
#5 Posted : 11/7/2012 8:07:16 AM

Stiletto Stoner

"Marijuana prohibition might have not died completely tonight, but it certainly has been put on life support."

Washington
55% YES
45% NO

Colorado
53% YES
47% NO

Oregon
55% NO
45% YES

Massachusetts (medical)
63% YES
37% NO

Arkansas (medical)
52% NO
48% YES
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:

Simon Jester wrote:

Parshvik Chintan
#6 Posted : 11/7/2012 8:24:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so what happened to the other states?

still waiting for the results?
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Shaolin
#7 Posted : 11/7/2012 8:30:26 AM

Stiletto Stoner

Parshvik, the only results not listed are the ones from Montana. Others, that were mentioned in my first post, did not make the ballot with their initiatives.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:

Simon Jester wrote:

Parshvik Chintan
#8 Posted : 11/7/2012 8:35:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shaolin wrote:
that were mentioned in my first post, did not make the ballot with their initiatives.

well its hard to feel too disappointed over this with all the progress made tonight.

i wonder how much this will catalyze legalization of other states.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

remediosvaro
#9 Posted : 11/7/2012 9:53:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Colorado and Washington legalized marijuana with similar regulations to alcohol. California will probably be next, then other west coast states.

faith for humanity has been restored

Caducious
#10 Posted : 11/7/2012 9:57:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Time will tell. I dont smoke pot but this is great news! Lets hope it gets better from here.

remediosvaro
#11 Posted : 11/7/2012 10:00:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i dont even live in american anymore, the reason this is good, is it shows the world that not that much will change with it legalized. and now that 2 states have it legal, quite a few places still have pot legal for medicinal uses. so basically with all the illegal importation of pot from these two states, were looking at federal legalization soon

SeekerOfTruths
#12 Posted : 11/7/2012 10:18:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It will be interesting to see how this works out. Even though its legal in the state, its still illegal at the federal level. This has already caused issues with states with Medical Marijuana.

Hopefully within my lifetime i'll see this country open its eyes and stop putting people behind bars for silly things like drugs.

SWIMfriend
#13 Posted : 11/7/2012 5:04:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

NorthernGeno wrote:
I hope they do provinces and territories next! Maybe Canada will follow the U.S. and finally do something like this. My guess is B.C. or Quebec will be the first provinces to make it legal if it eventually happens.

Anyways I hope the election goes well! If it passes, the future of marijuana could go either way. I think it will probably be a positive thing though Very happy

The world FOLLOWED the US into prohibition. Maybe it will follow the US OUT OF prohibition...

tango
#14 Posted : 11/7/2012 11:16:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Now that Obama doesn't need to worry about re-election, let's all hope he'll leave marijuana dispensaries alone in the states where it's legal. At least he admitted that he inhaled a lot (unlike Clinton, who, as we all know, didn't inhale), so there's not much doubt where he stands on the issue, politics apart.