We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
nasal cannabis? Options

Parshvik Chintan
#1 Posted : 7/27/2012 8:14:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so i came across an entire crop of some of the best smelling buds i have come across yet (it is currently all drying), so i was wondering if it could be nasally insufflated. thc is fat soluble, so it should absorb into your mucosa (based on my cursory knowledge), the only problem being that i was told it might be too acidic (cause a burning sensation).

would basification with calcium hydroxide work? and if so would it affect the odor greatly?
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

MMPA
#2 Posted : 7/27/2012 10:54:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lol, if it smells so good, you should stay with smelling it, not putting it up your nose!

Honestly, I've looked into this in the past and even pure crystallized THC snorted would have little effect on a person, so snorting a resinous tar would just not work for practical reasons (bluelighters really try every ROA). As far as basifying, I wouldn't see a reason why since snorting a freebase is generally painful since it would probably burn your nose from being too basic (if THC even comes in a freebase form).

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 7/27/2012 4:34:08 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Cannabinoids as found in cannabis are not alkaloids, so the terms "freebase" or "salt" do not apply. Cannabinoids can potentially absorb from the nasal mucosa just as they do absorb from the oral mucosa (see Sativex™). Best way is. try snortng them and find out!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Parshvik Chintan
#4 Posted : 7/27/2012 8:31:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
Cannabinoids as found in cannabis are not alkaloids, so the terms "freebase" or "salt" do not apply.

but if the matter you are snorting is acidic, you would need some slight basification to reach a ph of around 7, yes?
or just fudge it?
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

MMPA
#5 Posted : 7/31/2012 4:14:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you're extracting it, why would acidity/basisity matter if you're using alcohol/water?

staresatwalls
#6 Posted : 7/31/2012 5:06:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

why not just hot rail or otherwise snort some kief?
‎"Trust in your own wetware; your psyche and your body will be reunited." -Gracie and Zarkov

in plants we trust

Nicita
#7 Posted : 7/31/2012 11:58:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This guy

sums up the possibility of nasal application in the following way:

Quote:
So to conclude, if you're willing to go through the trouble of heating up your pulverized, emulsifier-laced cannabis prior to your “later snort,” then yes, it is possible to get psychoactive effects from insufflated cannabis, otherwise it will be wildly inefficient.

Full article at: Vice: Pulverizer Marijuana for Later Snort?

RebornInSmoke
#8 Posted : 8/19/2012 4:43:39 PM

Lysergic Feline

smoke a pipe through your nose?
Gun it to 88...
..::those who speak do not know, those who know do not speak::..
<3

Wax
#9 Posted : 8/19/2012 7:14:26 PM

LUVR

Back in high school a friend of mine tried to snort some keif...do NOT try this!

He instantly recoiled and claimed to be in a lot of pain, he didn't get any effects except for an intense burning that he couldn't get rid of and also claimed to have a really bad headache, he layed on my couch for hours looking like he had the worst case of allergies/flu you've ever seen. Initially it was good for a laugh but I ended up feeling really bad for him.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

RebornInSmoke
#10 Posted : 8/19/2012 11:36:52 PM

Lysergic Feline

snorting kief doesnt work as thc is not water soluble.
it will not pass through the mucus membrane like cocaine hydrochloride would.
Gun it to 88...
..::those who speak do not know, those who know do not speak::..
<3

Wax
#11 Posted : 8/20/2012 1:36:28 AM

LUVR

^^Hehe, ya he figured that out the hard way Very happy
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'