We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Coffee + Phalaris Ayahuasca Options

oilman
#1 Posted : 7/25/2012 11:27:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This was my first time. I made a tea out of 3 tablespoons of coffee and about 10g of Phalaris grass. I covered the ingredients with water, added lemon juice, and boiled for 30 minutes. I am a regular coffee drinker. I then decanted the liquid from the solids and drank. It made about 2.5 cups.

At first it felt like regular coffee. Then, about 45 min in, something started happening. My vision got a little funny, seeing tracers and sort of static ... it was like there was a screen over the world if that makes any sense. I started feeling really good, happy, energized, and loving. This state lasted about 3 hours, and then tapered off.

Does this sound like the DMT worked? If so, I think coffee is my MAOI of choice - the synergy was awesome. I may use decaf next time to avoid all the caffeine.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

3rdI
#2 Posted : 7/25/2012 11:31:27 AM

veni, vidi, spici

sounds interesting, what type of Phalaris did you use?

Im not sure how good coffee is an MAOI, have you tried this same thing with Rue/Caapi?
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Eliyahu
#3 Posted : 7/25/2012 5:53:17 PM
סנדלפון

oilman,

Just a heads up....you may not want to do that bro. Neutral

Straight phalaris grass can have "other" undesirable alkaloids wich can be potentialy not good.

Generally I believe the phalaris is extracted into DMT first, where as mimosa is used in it's raw form.

Also, I don't know where you heard or read that coffee was an MAOI...It's not.
You may actually be lucky it's not. If you would have tried some random phalaris with rue you might not have had a good time.

Please do not take random stuff without completely researching the stuff first.
And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

#4 Posted : 7/25/2012 6:53:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Eliyahu wrote:
oilman,

Also, I don't know where you heard or read that coffee was an MAOI...It's not.
You may actually be lucky it's not. If you would have tried some random phalaris with rue you might not have had a good time.

Please do not take random stuff without completely researching the stuff first.

Pub Med

oilman
#5 Posted : 7/26/2012 2:22:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

onethousandk
#6 Posted : 7/26/2012 3:47:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I knew coffee was an MAOI, but had never considered using it in ayahuasca because I just didn't think it was strong enough. I didn't play with it that much but I did once compare two mushroom trips, one with coffee/chocolate and one with rue. The rue absolutely blew it out of the water. Far, far more intense of an experience.

Your trip sounds like you were getting there. You obviously felt and saw something, but if you're looking for a stronger experience I would consider a different MAOI.

It's also worth noting that dosing the MAOI about 20 minutes before your additive can be helpful as well (which is part of why I generally brew my rue and mimosa separate).

Doodazzle
#7 Posted : 7/26/2012 4:23:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Eliyahu wrote:

Please do not take random stuff without completely researching the stuff first.[/color]

Yep.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

Felnik
#8 Posted : 7/26/2012 4:24:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

my sense is that coffee is risky. i've found after caapi tea and spice that caffeine taken later can cause some ferocious headaches to manifest for me.

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

#9 Posted : 7/26/2012 4:36:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

[quote=onethousandk]I knew coffee was an MAOI, but had never considered using it in ayahuasca because I just didn't think it was strong enough. I didn't play with it that much but I did once compare two mushroom trips, one with coffee/chocolate and one with rue. The rue absolutely blew it out of the water. Far, far more intense of an experience.

Your trip sounds like you were getting there. You obviously felt and saw something, but if you're looking for a stronger experience I would consider a different MAOI.

Plus the fact of caffeine, probably not too safe. But regardless..pretty interesting to say the least. Smile

jamie
#10 Posted : 7/26/2012 5:08:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

coffee is not going to inhibit mao enough to activate DMT IMO.

What kind of phalaris?
Long live the unwoke.

#11 Posted : 7/26/2012 5:34:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I meant to put that in my response, but it didn't show up above. Yeah..insane amaounts of coffee to get said effect. And even with de caffeinated coffee in high amount will end up having plenty of caffeine (many cups), and most definitely not safe.

jamie
#12 Posted : 7/26/2012 6:01:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

when people make reports like this is means nothing unless you specify the species and strain of the grass used.

Wild arundinacea for instance, from my area tested to have only extreme trace ammounts of DMT...10g or even 200g would not be enough to get DMT effects even with full inhibition. The grass I harvested was loaded with much more beta carbolines and the dominant tryptamine was 5meoNMT..

You could have just gotten a dose of some unexplored beta carbolines with the caffine.
Long live the unwoke.

oilman
#13 Posted : 7/27/2012 7:25:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phalaris arundinacea. It grows wild in a meadow near my home.

Eiah
#14 Posted : 7/28/2012 8:45:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Straight phalaris grass can have "other" undesirable alkaloids wich can be potentialy not good.

I think there is no evidence of phalaris toxicity in human...
There was some sheep intoxication...
Is known thath gramine is toxic in human but isn't know if the phalaris plant himself is toxic
Thath's a lot of difference...
Than hordenine is said to to be toxic but here ( http://herbs.maxforum.org/ ) for exemple is used as a psychoactive stuff...
I think is reductive to only extract from the phalaris and do not try to make an ayahuasca-like...

Of courese safety is safety, be safe of course!

nen888
#15 Posted : 7/28/2012 9:00:17 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

Eiah wrote:
Quote:

I think there is no evidence of phalaris toxicity in human...
There was some sheep intoxication...
Is known thath gramine is toxic in human but isn't know if the phalaris plant himself is toxic
Thath's a lot of difference...
Than hordenine is said to to be toxic but here ( http://herbs.maxforum.org/ ) for exemple is used as a psychoactive stuff...
I think is reductive to only extract from the phalaris and do not try to make an ayahuasca-like...

Of courese safety is safety, be safe of course!

..i tend to agree with Eiah, and thanks for the report btw..
perhaps in huge quantities (ala sheep) or some unknown strains, but there were quite a lot of now apparently forgotten bioassays of Phalaris ayahuasca in 1990s Entheogen Review, with more evidence of over-potency being the danger than actual physical toxicity..
i posted on the apparent actual Low toxicity of Gramine here>Phalaris=the way of the Future..with response by Gingko a few posts later..
and one of the old E.R. reports was posted here..

any form of 'ayahuasca' has it's potential dangers, and with caution and more research i don't think the dangers should be great..

but as a number of people here say, having a 'known' strain is preferable..

Eiah
#16 Posted : 7/28/2012 9:26:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

And in the Festi and Samorini paper too there is a succesfull ayahuasca with harmalas and phalaris (AQ1 if i well remember)...
Than i now of someone on nature's herb forum who used to smoke a simple water extraction of phalaris...