We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Changa using shredded vine? Options

MrLafiddy
#1 Posted : 7/20/2012 10:12:27 AM

Avoid inhaling vapors. Exposure may result in Nausea, headache, confusion, or instability.

Hello folks. It has been awhile since I have posted. I have a few things I would like to disscuss but first I have a quick question. Changa is calling. I recently visited a local apothocery and picked up some supplies. As I said I'll make this post quite brief as I am dead tired. I have 1/2 oz of very shredded cappi vine. Can this in anyway be used to create Changa? I have a mortar and pestle and have no qualms about breaking it down further if need be. I'm just curious if this can be used or should I procure some actual leaf? Thanks in advance. Hope all is well! Oh also 1.5gr of spice already prepared.
"People ain't only just people, they got animals living inside them too." -Blind Man

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Anenergyhealer
#2 Posted : 7/20/2012 10:28:21 AM

London Shaman

Hi Mr,

I have used caapi vine in the past for changa and have found it to be quite a harsh smoke making it harder to breakthrough.
I highly recommend caapi leaf for this, which is what i am currently using, and it works wonders

Thanks
Greazyyy

olympus mon
#3 Posted : 7/20/2012 11:04:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Funny you brought this up. Trav and i were just talking about the same thing in Chat. I have vaped shredded vine many times and its stronger than you would think. It tastes good as well. Im going to infuse this weekend and Ill give it a go.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

MrLafiddy
#4 Posted : 7/21/2012 8:03:35 AM

Avoid inhaling vapors. Exposure may result in Nausea, headache, confusion, or instability.

Thanks for the replies folks! After some experimenting with the various materials I felt ready to try my luck with making Changa. My procedure is as follows...
- Pulverized 1g of caapi bark so it was rather fluffy.
- 0.4g of blue lotus
- 0.2g of passion flower
- 0.1g of peppermint
- Pulverized all of the above into a decent smoking material.
- dissolved 0.8g of spice and 0.1g of spice from Poorman's Tek in 91% isopropyl alcohol in a small drinking glass
- added Plant matter and Stirred for a few minutes.

Now to wait for the evap. Wish me luck everyone. This was a very fun and hopefully rewarding experience. I shall keep you updated on the results. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Have a great weekend everyone. Oh and off topic go see The Dark Knight Rises.
"People ain't only just people, they got animals living inside them too." -Blind Man

dtrypt
#5 Posted : 7/21/2012 11:10:30 AM

13.7 Billion Year Old Noob

best use for vine in changa is to grind it to powder, do an alcohol extraction and then evaporate the alcohol on your favourite smoking herb...

smoking straight vine is pointless as you would have to combust and inhale grams of the stuff in a few seconds...

christian
#6 Posted : 7/21/2012 12:10:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dtrypt wrote:
best use for vine in changa is to grind it to powder, do an alcohol extraction and then evaporate the alcohol on your favourite smoking herb.

What about adding boileed down Caapi sediment and liquid to smoking herb and evap? Would it work well?
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

chocobeastie
#7 Posted : 7/21/2012 6:28:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

you need to use a coffee grinder and get the vine down to the right consistency, not quite a powder, but in small pieces so it all "sticks" together with the other herbs. Have it too coarse and it will not smoke properly. I find vine to be preferable to leaf, though it is harder work!

MrLafiddy
#8 Posted : 7/22/2012 1:23:14 AM

chocobeastie wrote:
you need to use a coffee grinder and get the vine down to the right consistency, not quite a powder, but in small pieces so it all "sticks" together with the other herbs. Have it too coarse and it will not smoke properly. I find vine to be preferable to leaf, though it is harder work!

I used a hand grinder / mortar and pestle combo to get the vine to an excellent consistency. I also added some of the fine powder form the hand grinder. My mix is just about dry so I think by a little later tonight i should be able to partake. I don't mind the hard work as I said before this has been a very rewarding experience. Wish I could do this kind of stuff all day.

MrLafiddy
#9 Posted : 7/22/2012 6:45:33 AM

Ladies and gentlemen I am proud to say that this has been a huge success! Now I know what all the hype is about. She picked me up gently, let me know I didn't need to ask so many questions, and placed me back down again. Not much was smoked as I just wanted to test the waters. I will go further someday soon. Thank you Nexus for all of the info. Have a wonderful night everyone.

Parshvik Chintan
#10 Posted : 7/22/2012 9:08:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

awesome!
can't wait to try this when i get more vine.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Skeemer
#11 Posted : 8/14/2012 1:02:16 AM

remeeks

What about making a 10x or 20x caapi leaf using vine? I have been thinking about this for a few weeks now. Can a person boil 100g caapi vine(3-5 washes), boil that down and soak 5-10g of caapi leaf and let it dry evaporate? Would my 10x-20x caapi leaf be just as good as if i did a menstrate with 100g caapi leaf infused on 5-10g caapi leaf?

SHroomtroll
#12 Posted : 8/14/2012 8:47:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No skeemer it wouldnt.....

It will be better Very happy since the vine probabaly doent contain as much chlorofyll n other guck, sounds like a great idea, post results here pleasee.

Skeemer
#13 Posted : 8/15/2012 1:10:57 AM

remeeks

Big grin Thats what i was thinking! i will post results

Skeemer

Silly(c)One
#14 Posted : 9/11/2012 4:45:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have used shredded caapi in my changa for a while, and thought it was quite good...
Until I added extracted harmalas from rue to the mix...

Caapi vine by itself is enough to alterate the effects of DMT, grounding the trip, when it is vaporized, but the added harmalas really changed everything.
At last, proper MAO inhibition Smile

I keep using the shredded caapi as support, as I'm sure the ayahuasca spirit is in there (and the rue spirits are not the same).

Concentrated leaves give me the changa flu, though.

ganesha
#15 Posted : 9/16/2012 6:27:33 PM

remember,happiness doesn´t depend on who you are or what you have,It´s depends solely on what you think d

Hi. Im in the way of making my second changa blend. My first one was 50% Calea 50% Passion Flower. But I put my hands on some Caapi Vine and Syrian Rue by now,so,my questions is: may I grind some seeds ( Im be thinking in about 3gr) and smoke it with my already changa? Or it is a better idea to blend it ( the rue or the caapi) with other herbs and made a new changa? The fact is that I wish to explore these two plants in the most natural state. Saludos

#16 Posted : 9/18/2012 2:45:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Yes it can be used. I made a 50/50 of mullein and white vine before. I made sure I pulverized the vine a decent degree beforehand.

acacian
#17 Posted : 9/18/2012 3:08:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

what about shredded acacia bark? was thinking of putting some of the bark i extracted from into my next blend

Silly(c)One
#18 Posted : 9/20/2012 4:09:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ganesha wrote:
Hi. Im in the way of making my second changa blend. My first one was 50% Calea 50% Passion Flower. But I put my hands on some Caapi Vine and Syrian Rue by now,so,my questions is: may I grind some seeds ( Im be thinking in about 3gr) and smoke it with my already changa? Or it is a better idea to blend it ( the rue or the caapi) with other herbs and made a new changa? The fact is that I wish to explore these two plants in the most natural state. Saludos

Smoking ground seeds would probably be quite nasty...

The most efficient way would be to extract harmalas from the rue seeds and add 250mg harmalas per 1g of DMT on any herb and you'll have great changa. You can evaporate the harmalas and DMT on the shredded vine, it works wonders for me.

Silly(c)One
#19 Posted : 9/20/2012 4:14:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bricklaya wrote:
what about shredded acacia bark? was thinking of putting some of the bark i extracted from into my next blend

Might be interesting, but it probably won't work for MAO inhibition... It might add a little light (DMT) but I wouldn't expect anything magical to it.
Really the best solution for changa is to extract harmalas from syrian rue. (check out The Tao of Rue Extraction on the wiki)
It takes a while but can be done easily with household items and is 100% legal in the US (and they don't mind too much in Europe either).
It really works much better than any other plant MAO-I you could possibly think of (like passion flower, tobacco, etc.)
Extracting from caapi vine is also possible (check out Gibran2 Caapi Extraction Tek on the wiki) but yields less than syrian rue and is much more expensive for most people (unless you live in South America).

ganesha
#20 Posted : 9/22/2012 2:42:22 AM

remember,happiness doesn´t depend on who you are or what you have,It´s depends solely on what you think d

Thank you Silly(c)One,I guess I gona try the Rue extraction way and then vap it along with Spice...I have some shredded Cappi vine....do you think if it worth to make some Caapi tea and drink it and hour or so before taking orally Spice?

12NEXT