We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
UK Trip. Suggestions? Options

cave paintings
#1 Posted : 7/8/2012 7:53:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Going on a 3 and 1/2 week vacation to UK. I will be staying a week in London. About 4 days in the Lake District. Will then stay about 6 days in Bristol. Staying a few days up in Wales, a couple more stops and then headed home.

Anyway, I've looked into each of the cities a bit, but often I feel the travel books aren't always on the same page as me in terms of what I really want to see and experience. Any good music festivals going on around these times/locations? Any suggestions in general? Thanks in advance! Smile
Living to Give

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

unansweredquestions
#2 Posted : 7/10/2012 7:00:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

londons my favourite personally, loads of stuff going on!

what are you in to?

Camden markets always cool to check out, loads of alternative shops/people milling around and loads of food.

bristols a good night out- if your in to Drum and Base, dubstep or the likes, thats the place to be. Jump on a train and check out bath while your there! its about 5 minutes away and its a lovely place. Loads of history, really pleasant.

If you make it to bath, id suggest checking out a little bar called 'opium'. Its tucked away near a club called weir lounge: really cool vibe to it, its all underground and well....reminicent of an opium lounge. Second bridge has a nice feel to it on a saterday night- though it can get expensive and crammed.

other than that, it depends what your in to. If you can get some transort, you could always check out Stonehenge?

smokerx
#3 Posted : 7/10/2012 8:41:47 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

How about famous Crop Circles ? If you decide to go to Bath why not to go a little bit further here you can find latest ones

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

cave paintings
#4 Posted : 7/10/2012 9:18:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

unansweredquestions wrote:
londons my favourite personally, loads of stuff going on!

what are you in to?

Camden markets always cool to check out, loads of alternative shops/people milling around and loads of food.

bristols a good night out- if your in to Drum and Base, dubstep or the likes, thats the place to be. Jump on a train and check out bath while your there! its about 5 minutes away and its a lovely place. Loads of history, really pleasant.

If you make it to bath, id suggest checking out a little bar called 'opium'. Its tucked away near a club called weir lounge: really cool vibe to it, its all underground and well....reminicent of an opium lounge. Second bridge has a nice feel to it on a saterday night- though it can get expensive and crammed.

other than that, it depends what your in to. If you can get some transort, you could always check out Stonehenge?

Cool I'll check out Camden, sounds like my kind of place.
And thanks for the heads up on Bristol, I had no idea that they had that kind of scene going on. Definitely wanna check out a tight club.
Opium huh? Yeah I'll try and check that out too cause I think we were going to check Bath out.

A friend told me Stonehenge is super tourist-y so I think that's off the itinerary for now, though I believe there are some stone circles up in Keswick?
Sounds like my relatives who I am staying with around Bristol want to camp out at this Gloucester Blues Festival. Sounds groovy Smile

And crop circles sound interesting! I'm bringing a couple tabs of acid with me, might be a good place to drop and vibe out Laughing
Living to Give

polytrip
#5 Posted : 7/10/2012 10:25:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
There are many stonehenge-like places in britain and ireland. Most of them are a maybe a bit less well-preserved or somewhat smaller, but they also don´t atract as many tourists. Avebury is one of those places.

I think that, if you´re going to the lake district, there´s a chance that you won´t feel the need to travel any further and see more, as it´s a very, very beautiful region and the only thing that could maybe spoil it for you is the wheather. In the northwest of europe, summers tend to be either very sunny, or very rainy, or you´ll just have twenty different types of wheather a day.

London and edinburgh are britains most cultural city´s by far. London is a metropolis where you can find anything a person can be into. If you stay there for three days, you´ll notice that your snot has turned black from all the airpollution, but that´s what you get in a modern metropolis with way over ten million people. London has some nice village-neighbourhoods that will make you forget that you´re in one of the biggest city´s on earth and london is situated in a valey. Meaning that there are many places in london, where you can have a beautiful view of the city. There´s one large park in the north of london, and you can virtually see all of london from that place.

The london area is fantastic. There are many very beautiful historic places round london, in the south-east region, where you can feel peacefull queitness as if the frantic metropolis is a million miles away. I personny like the place of oxford, though it is very poshy and chic. Oxford is realy a nice and beautiful place. It´s a small village, with beautiful old buildings surrounded by beautiful nature. If you go to spent some time in london, then i would realy sugest visiting oxford, canterburry and other nearby towns. Thos places, is where you will realy feel being into contact with more than a thousand years of history.

York is also a nice place. It doesn´t have a party scene or a very interesting nightlife, i think. The history you can encounter in some places...it can change your view on everything in live.

Edinburgh is always a little colder than places with a less nordic location. But it can get pleasantly warm there as well. Edinburg is probably the most beautiful town in the uk. Some scots call it vainglorious. but it is a nice plce with nice people.

The only real advice i can give you is: don´t drink too much alcohol. And never look at people who have drunk too much.

You will run into some very old things. You can take ride with a really old steamtrain that has been working for more than a century, or take a boattrip. When the weather is great, you are definately going to enjoy your stay there.
Blackpool is the englishc version of las vegas. It´s an absolute funtown. I would not want to live in blackpool, but staying there for a night or so , can definately be very fun.

I would say: London, oxford, avebury, canterbury, edinburg, lake distric. Quiet a list.

drob
#6 Posted : 7/10/2012 10:52:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you venture to Scotland, come to Glasgow, not as picturesque as Edinburgh but much more interesting (I'm biased! they're both great)... plus you're close to Loch Lomond Smile

Dante
#7 Posted : 7/11/2012 2:07:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you are visiting London you should definitely go to the outdoor markets... Check Camden (like unansweredquestions rightly said), Broadway market and Bricklane.

You should also check the museums cause they are all free! If you are into art, I suggest you to go to the National Gallery, the Tate modern and the Saatchi Gallery.

And if you want to chill and see a beautiful view of London from the top of a hill you should go to Hampstead Heath.

Have fun Thumbs up

P.S. This could be a magical place to visit!
Listen to a man of experience: thou wilt learn more in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach thee more than thou canst acquire from the mouth of a master. St. Bernard

cave paintings
#8 Posted : 7/11/2012 5:47:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks so much for all the suggestions guys. I'll be letting you all know how the trip goes Smile
Living to Give

polytrip
#9 Posted : 7/18/2012 10:18:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Dante wrote:
And if you want to chill and see a beautiful view of London from the top of a hill you should go to Hampstead Heath.

That was the place i meant. London is great. A relative of me lives there, so i now it quite well.
If only the air was a bit cleaner there...i think living there is almost as bad as smoking a pack of cigarettes a day.

#10 Posted : 7/18/2012 11:43:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you've not set off already...

If you are up for a club in London it has to be Fabric really. There are of course thousands of things on, but for a one off Fabric has to be seen. It has bass speakers built into the floor for godssake. It is one of the only places that still carries off that superclub feel with a well run door policy and a good croud.

Also have a 1/2 day hanging out on the south bank and visit the Tate Modern. Also recommend Borough Market for some fantastic food (near London Bridge tube)

Bristol has been mentioned, and a day or 2 in Brighton would be time very well spent.

For scenery North wales is stunning, and the lake district you are already going to, so good choices there. Pack a tent. camp out somewhere remote, watch the sunset.

For history the usual short visit trail is Oxford and Stratford upon Avon. Stratford is a great place to enjoy a few pubs, and you don't need to worry about looking at drunk people there, we aren't all drunken louts you know ;-) Hire a car and drive through the Cotswolds on your way.

As for music festivals - there are probably about a dozen on every weekend over the summer, but it really depends when you are there and what you are into. I would recommend a smaller festival than one of the big corporate giants, but each to their own.

Hope you have a good one!
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

DoingKermit
#11 Posted : 7/20/2012 6:28:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There are some great underground parties in London to go to... look on http://www.accessallareas.org/cgi-bin/whatson.pl if you are looking for a fun psychedelic night out Smile

Try get onto the 'London Eye' to see london from a different angle.

Camden is definitely a cool place to go to and even the small boat rides on the canal from Camden will take you to the 'London Zoo' and 'Little Venice'.

Have fun!

christian
#12 Posted : 7/20/2012 6:47:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why not visit the Channel Islands?? Nice beaches aand walks, and other nice stuff.Cool
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"