We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
datura, belladonna, mandrake root ect... Options

hypnotoad
#21 Posted : 7/17/2012 5:32:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay thanks, I've heard people call it the datura stone? Similar to cannabis or more profound?

And have you heard of the tek where you let datura leaves soak for a few days in something (idk what) and then dip you cig in it quickly, let it dry and that also works. Does it work? Or just a waiste of time?
Explore the limits of the mind...

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Dante
#22 Posted : 7/17/2012 6:05:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice thread, lots of good information!

Be safe everyone Thumbs up
Listen to a man of experience: thou wilt learn more in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach thee more than thou canst acquire from the mouth of a master. St. Bernard

ntwhtyouknw
#23 Posted : 7/17/2012 6:57:01 PM

You do not have to see alike, feel alike or even think alike in order spiritually to be alike

Here's a Link to a pdf file that focuses on Datura stramonium and the alkaloid content of different parts of the plant in different phases of development. It looks like the leaf would be the safest part to start working with. Also I have heard the henbane has a favorable alkaloid profile compared to most of the Solanaceae.. http:// www.i...sh.pdf
Toadfreak!

Travel like a king
Listen to the inner voice
A higher wisdom is at work for you
Conquering the stumbling blocks come easier
When the conqueror is in tune with the infinite
Every ending is a new beginning
Life is an endless unfoldment
Change your mind, and you change your relation to time
Free your mind and the rest will follow

tigerstrike92
#24 Posted : 7/17/2012 8:14:49 PM

Homo-divinorum

^^ I have heard similar about Henbane.

There are three major components, Scopolomie, Atropine, and Hyoscymine.

In datura, the most concentrated component is also the most deadly. I believe this as Atropine.

In henbane, the most concentrated component is the least deadly of the three.

Perhaps someone can further expand on this? I would add more, but I am doubtful of the validity of my "off-hand" knowledge, and it is crucial that these substances are supplied accurate information about.
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

blue lunar night
#25 Posted : 7/17/2012 8:55:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here are some excerpts from Pharmako/Gnosis, i hope they're helpful:

Quote:
Brugmansia probably has the highest ratio of scopolamine, followed by Datura. In Hyoscyamous niger scopolamine predominates over hyoscyamine and atropine in young plants, while the reverse is true in older plants, and the same is more or less true for Atropa belladonna. Mandragora officinarum has the highest percentage of hyoscyamine, along with its other distinctive alkaloids.

Quote:
Ten milligrams of atropine can be fatal to child.

re: Henbane/Hyoscyamous niger:
Quote:
Hyoscyamine and scopolamine are the principal alkaloids, with hyoscyamine usually present in larger quantities than the scopolamine. Hyoscyamine (technically l-hyoscyamine) racemizes into atropine (dl-hyoscyamine) by drying according to Ratsch. Boiling probably does the same thing.

Quote:
Scopolamine, as a cream rubbed behind the ears, is a very effective protection against seasickness. As scopolamine is the most centrally active of the belladonna alkaloids, poison wizards, seeking mental over bodily effects, look for plants high in scopolamine and low in atropine. Those seeking the more somatic effects might choose to work with mandrake, or belladonna.

Quote:
Some Huichols say that the kiéri [Datura] path is shorter than the peyote path. The kiéri path has to do with working with the plant, with leaving tobacco offerings at the base of one particular plant, or with keeping a piece of the plant near one, not with ingesting the plant. According to anthropologist Bret Blosser, the Huichol say that eating the plant will make you crazy. Bret added that there was one Huichol who did eat the plant, "but he was kind of crazy."

The chapter is just packed with info, but i don't want to quote the whole thing so i'll leave it there for now!

John Smith
#26 Posted : 7/17/2012 9:01:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Brunfelsia Grandiflora is really good as an aya additive from what I've tried, although not sure if its from the same category. Feels kinda same as datura/analogues but much nicer.
INFORMATION
No input signal

hypnotoad
#27 Posted : 7/17/2012 9:28:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot everyone for all the info, much appreciated Very happy

I went out today in the bush a lil and found myself a few lovely daturas growing (not sure what specie but I think it is d.stramonium)
I collected a few fresh seeds and planted them this aftertoon, hopefuly they grow.
Explore the limits of the mind...

rOm
#28 Posted : 8/10/2012 12:55:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I will chime in to say, I've been sort of fascinated with growing all these plants (I grow mandrake, brugmania, various datura strains and belladona and henbane as well).
I also use them in very low dosage to microdose, and always NEVER go past the threshold effect which already start to be annoying (dried mouth and slight dizzyness).

I use mainly mandrake root in capsules, or soaked in alcohol with salsaparilla.
I use belladona as well cause scolopamine is know to have a stimualtive effect at first, wether scolopamine is more sedative.
Both are anti-nauseous and they are great addition to most brew or extract (cacti and it's extracts, mushrooms-psilocibe and others, amanita muscaria, ayahuasca or pharmahuasca).

They do seem to add a little something to the experience, more depth, more darkness also which is why it is highly discouraged to poeple with little to no experience with other plant medecine or psychedelic in general.
In my experience I'll say that these nightshade like amanita is really only possible for experienced psychonaught who really know the dosage of these batch of plant (the dosage varie greatly depending of the plant itself, the season, the part), you could easily no feel anything from 5 big brugmanisa leaves one day and try two tiny brugmansia sanguinea leaves and be already in dangerous zone with lots of dizzyness and unbalance.

Always watch out if you really want to dig and use with the same precaution as RC's:

- Do an allergy test on EACH new batch of material
- watch results for 24 hours (it can take long to kick in, never urge to redose)
- slowly dose up until you find you dose
- tropanes accumulate in the body and is toxic, do NOT use everyday for more than a few days and make long break to detoxify.

Be safe, and a last advice if you consider working with this plant, as for salvia divinorum and most entheogens, it is a really rewarding to grow them from seeds or cuttings.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

PREV12