We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Colloidal Silver and Hash Options

SnozzleBerry
#1 Posted : 6/28/2010 8:05:21 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

So, I'm preparing everything for my upcoming Mental Floss grow and I have been seriously considering using one of my ladies to create a large supply of feminized seeds via foliar feeding/pollination with colloidal silver. As a result of this, I believe smoking the plant will not be an option. As the main goal is having the ability to continue to grow from seeds (there will be plenty other smokeable bud) I don't mind "losing" the plant if I have to. However, I can't think of a reason why I couldn't just use a nps to make hash oil from this silver-drenched plant. Does anyone know if the extract would be safe to smoke? Is there any way the silver could be pulled along with the Cannabis essential oil?

thanks
SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Shadowman-x
#2 Posted : 6/28/2010 8:10:22 PM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

Do a traditional hand-rub instead first.
I just read a great book on hash. after you've collected the seeds but before feminization (unless thep rocess doesn't allow) simply rub the big buds between your hands for a few hours each until a thick layer of hash has appeared on your hands, scrape it off and roll it in the palm of your hand on a ceramic surface into a ball.

congratulations, you just made royal nepalese hash. bahahaha.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 6/28/2010 8:24:05 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Hand rub will do no good, that hash will contain silver molecules. The process of pollinating with colloidal silver makes the plant, as is, unsmokeable as it is full of silver molecules that were suspended in water (colloidal silver). Pollination with colloidal silver is what causes the seeds to be feminized. The plant they will be growing on will be female already. To my mind the only sensible way to remove the actives from the cannabis without exposing myself to the silver is to use a NPS, I just want to make sure it will actually achieve that goal and not leave my puffing on some literal Super Silver Haze Wink .
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

burnt
#4 Posted : 6/28/2010 8:25:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Feminized seeds are evil and bad for the cannabis gene pool.

SnozzleBerry
#5 Posted : 6/28/2010 8:28:59 PM

omnia sunt communia!

burnt wrote:
Feminized seeds are evil and bad for the cannabis gene pool.

Laughing thank you, burnt, for that nugget of wisdom. these seeds will be strictly for growing, not crossing. Now, seeing as these seeds are for my personal use (because my situation is up in the air for the foreseeable future, a nice stable clone room is out of the question and I have no space to breed without pollinating all my ladies, which I don't want, if I want to preserve my stock beyond the next 12 months this is how I have to go) and will not be getting released into the gene pool, maybe you could provide similarly insightful knowledge regarding my actual question?
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

benzyme
#6 Posted : 6/29/2010 8:35:47 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

use an alcohol (IPA would work) to dissolve it, then run it through a brita filter. the filter will trap the silver
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

SnozzleBerry
#7 Posted : 6/29/2010 8:54:42 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Thank you benzyme, much appreciated.
Does it have to be a Brita filter? Would coffee filters be inadequate for this purpose and if so why, too porous or something? Sorry, I'm a curious bugger.

Also, burnt, I wasn't going to say anything, but as you recently brought up safety in another thread...I do think it's kind of ironic that you, as one of the more knowledgeable and legit chemists on this site (and possibly one of the most outspoken ones on safety, especially in threads where people express ideas you find ridiculous) would crack a joke and fail to offer any advice on a process that could potentially be hazardous to the health of one smoking the end product.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

Touche Guevara
#8 Posted : 6/29/2010 10:01:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'd imagine that with a Brita filter, it would be a good idea to use a fresh one, perhaps after running some water through it to wash out any loose carbon dust. Wouldn't want any trapped contams to end up in the final product.

benzyme
#9 Posted : 6/29/2010 10:37:41 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

SnozzleBerry wrote:
coffee filters...too porous

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

sidefx
#10 Posted : 5/24/2012 11:20:24 PM

Is it Greedy to want to see everyone's Smile ?

Would it be bad to smoke the bud if it had colloidal silver still there on?

I found out the hard way about colloidal silver forcing seeds feminized.

Me and brother had our new system up and running, and i had some C.silver, and we decided to use it to give the plants a boost and maybe a health increase.

Ended up turning all the plants Sad

LOL always check product info on the net before using.
"Given enough Time even Hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going"

smokerx
#11 Posted : 5/25/2012 9:13:55 AM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

SnozzleBerry wrote:
To my mind the only sensible way to remove the actives from the cannabis without exposing myself to the silver is to use a NPS, I just want to make sure it will actually achieve that goal and not leave my puffing on some literal Super Silver Haze Wink .

silver is not toxic to humans and is not known to cause cancer, reproductive or neurological damage, or other chronic adverse effects.
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

The Traveler
#12 Posted : 5/25/2012 10:05:23 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

smokerx wrote:
SnozzleBerry wrote:
To my mind the only sensible way to remove the actives from the cannabis without exposing myself to the silver is to use a NPS, I just want to make sure it will actually achieve that goal and not leave my puffing on some literal Super Silver Haze Wink .

silver is not toxic to humans and is not known to cause cancer, reproductive or neurological damage, or other chronic adverse effects.

Is this also true for droplets of silver forming in the lungs?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

smokerx
#13 Posted : 5/25/2012 12:03:15 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

The Traveler wrote:
smokerx wrote:
SnozzleBerry wrote:

Is this also true for droplets of silver forming in the lungs?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Never heard of that but here is something I found about silver toxicity :

The general public has come to associate "heavy metal" with "toxic metal" when this is not the correct definition. This simple misnomer of terminology comes from the fact that some heavy metals (do) carry a very well documented toxicity, yet there are a few heavy metals that are actually required and essential to our daily lives such as iron and copper (both being heavy metals.) Silver is a non-toxic metal that can be ingested safely (in reasonable concentrations) into the body when in its pure elemental form.

When researching toxicity reports for silver, toxicity to silver has only been observed in the form of silver "compounds" such as:

- Silver Nitrate (AgNO3)
- Silver Bromide (AgBr)
- Silver Sulphadiazine "SSD"
- Silver Fluoride (AgF)
- Silver Sulphate (Ag2S)
- Silver Carbonate (Ag2CO3)

Silver as almost everything in higher doses is not good for your health

In very high doses — such as those a factory worker might encounter in an accident — or from prolonged exposure to silver dust or fumes, silver can have some mostly mild effects on health. For example, inhaling silver fumes or dust may irritate mucous membranes or the upper respiratory tract.

Occasionally, sensitive individuals suffer allergic reactions — contact dermatitis or eye irritation — after exposure to powdered silver, silver solutions or dental fillings. Similarly, skin creams containing silver compounds (silver nitrate and silver sulphadiazine) cause local skin discoloration in certain sensitive individuals. Ingesting silver compounds, such as in medicines, can sometimes irritate the stomach.

Prolonged exposure to silver dust or to the silver compounds in medicines or supplements can also result in a permanent blue-gray staining of the eyes, nose, mouth, throat and skin. This blue-gray staining is known medically as “argyria.” The condition can make people look ill, as if they suffering from lack of oxygen. Once a person turns blue from argyria, the skin coloring is unfortunately permanent. Most medical professionals believe argyria is the most serious known health effect of silver on humans. Aside from its permanent cosmetic effect, argyria is not believed to pose any other risk to human health.

The mild, observed human health effects of silver exposure appear to be highly variable from one person or situation to another. Scientists have not identified exposure levels that can be generalized as harmful.

and here read about breathing silver

And from my own experience silver colloid I make my self helped me and my wife to maintain healthy. I used to have flue , cold many times in a year now I hardly feel any symptoms even if I do get some flue I can function normally without any problems.

I do not drink silver colloid very often though.

Just remembered one more thing that silver treatment helped me with enormously and that is

Herpes simplex that I used to have so much and could not get rid of. Was using all different antiviral creams but they say once you have the virus you can not get rid of it. Well I did not get rid of it but now I get Herpes max once a year but before it was almost every second month or so.

So I believe that Silver can deal with some viruses also but that is only my own thought.
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

DiMiTriX
#14 Posted : 7/12/2012 9:15:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i wouldn't smoke it..siver compounds are usually toxic
Tz'is aná

rabies_70
#15 Posted : 7/12/2012 10:09:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have this SilverLungs colloidal generator. I can't imagine the silver causing harm. But I really am not sure.
http://www.silverlungs.com/
Quote:
Source, Wikipedia: Silver ions and silver compounds show a toxic effect on bacteria, viruses, algae and fungi, typical for heavy metals like lead or mercury, but without the high toxicity to humans normally associated with these other metals.

Hippocrates, the "father of medicine" wrote that silver had beneficial healing and anti-disease properties, and the Phoenicians stored water, wine, and vinegar in silver bottles to prevent spoiling. In the early 20th century, people would put silver coins in milk bottles to prolong the milk's freshness. Its germicidal effects increased its value in utensils and as jewelry. The exact process of silver's germicidal effect is still not entirely understood, although theories exist. One of these is the oligodynamic effect.

Silver is widely used in topical gels and impregnated into bandages because of its wide-spectrum anti-microbial activity. The anti-microbial properties of silver stem from the chemical properties of its ionized form, Ag+. This ion forms strong molecular bonds with other substances used by bacteria to respire, such as molecules containing sulfur, nitrogen, and oxygen. When the Ag+ ion forms a complex with these molecules, they are rendered unusable by the bacteria, depriving them of necessary compounds and eventually leading to their death.

Silver compounds were used to prevent infection in World War I before the advent of antibiotics. Silver nitrate solution use continued, then was largely replaced by silver sulfadiazine cream, which generally became the "standard of care" for the antibacterial and antibiotic treatment of serious burns until the late 1990s. Now, other options, such as silver-coated dressings (activated silver dressings), are used in addition to SSD cream.

There has been renewed interest in silver as a broad-spectrum anti-microbial agent. One application has silver being used with alginate, a naturally occurring biopolymer derived from seaweed, in a range of products designed to prevent infections as part of wound management procedures, particularly applicable to burn victims. In 2007, a company introduced a glass product they claimed had antibacterial properties by coating the glass with a thin layer of silver.

In addition, in 2007 the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved an endotracheal breathing tube with a fine coat of silver for use in mechanical ventilation, after studies found it reduced the risk of ventilator-associated pneumonia.
Ray

sidefx
#16 Posted : 7/12/2012 11:21:05 PM

Is it Greedy to want to see everyone's Smile ?

Me and brother did our first MJ. grow, and put colloidal silver on the babys in vege; not knowing about its effects causing seeds, we were using C.S for cleanliness.

Our plants turned hermafradite, but we couldnt bring ourselves to chuck em all; so we cut off most the seed branches and kept the rest which turned out to be some seriously good smoke.
"Given enough Time even Hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going"

Gowpen
#17 Posted : 7/15/2012 1:08:30 AM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

SnozzleBerry wrote:
So, I'm preparing everything for my upcoming Mental Floss grow and I have been seriously considering using one of my ladies to create a large supply of feminized seeds via foliar feeding/pollination with colloidal silver. As a result of this, I believe smoking the plant will not be an option. As the main goal is having the ability to continue to grow from seeds (there will be plenty other smokeable bud) I don't mind "losing" the plant if I have to. However, I can't think of a reason why I couldn't just use a nps to make hash oil from this silver-drenched plant. Does anyone know if the extract would be safe to smoke? Is there any way the silver could be pulled along with the Cannabis essential oil?

thanks
SB

Hi Snozz, I made lots of feminised seeds by way of using Gibberelic acid .... good luck
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

mew
#18 Posted : 7/15/2012 2:14:51 AM

huachumancer

i use colloidal silver oraly for microbial purposes, dermal aswell