We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Marijuana legalization on the ballot this year! Options

anrchy
#1 Posted : 7/14/2012 6:19:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So this year Oregon Washington and Colorado get to vote on the legalization of use and cultivation of marijuana. I haven't read the bill yet but I plan to, maybe today. I really think it has a chance. May be hopeful thoughts but we will see. Although this still means it will be illegal federally, wonder how that will work.

If this DID pass, we would be that much closer to the same thing for DMT. I know that's a far fetched idea for anytime in the near future but man, would that be awesome or what!?

Anyways what are your thoughts on this and do you think it will pass?
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Eliyahu
#2 Posted : 7/14/2012 6:29:26 PM
סנדלפון

Having had lived in Colorado, I can tell you that the population there is very fickle...so no counting on them to pull it through. The fact that this takes place during a general election will help but not by much..

Also IMO, it depends on who becomes president, people have been aggravated because Obama's administration has not been as pot friendly as they would have liked....I'm very sure however that if state level legalization goes through and a the GOP get's that presidential spot that they will do everything in their power to cheat there butts off and do any underhanded thing possible in order to try and reverse it, fight it, undermine it and in all probability render it a meaningless "morale" victory for the marijuana smokers..
And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

Triumph
#3 Posted : 7/14/2012 7:07:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just remember that it costs the state of Kentucky $600,000,000 to deal with marijuana each year. With all of this talk about the deficit, why can't congress defund the DEA and save a few billion dollars?
Anything written within this post is a complete work of fiction, any resemblance to reality is a coincidence.

Eliyahu
#4 Posted : 7/14/2012 7:12:42 PM
סנדלפון

with these issues it becomes apparent, money is not the issue, I believe power is the main concern.
And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

wafflecoptor
#5 Posted : 7/14/2012 11:08:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think when our government is full of people like this

http://www.youtube.com/w...bile=1&v=kFgrB2Wmh5s

It becomes more of a stupidity issue.

Bud Shizzler
#6 Posted : 7/15/2012 3:57:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

how could one down-size the importance of the topic and how important of a domino-stone legalisation could be (whilst most states may only have decriminalization). Also how could a conscious human being NOT vote for Obama? I just can't get that. Even though Obama did some nasty stuff, its pale (pun not intended) by comparison to what republicans bring forward while in power (PURE repression in every part of a free persons life [Transv****al Ultrasound WTF?!?]). THAT would scare the shit out of me if i would be living in the US, and this fear alone is enough fuel to get my b f ass to the voting booth and even more if legalization would be decided!! If republicans that are not entangeled with "big money" allready say pot should be legal, the road may not be as long! but be sure that there are many industries that are willing to fight pot (wood/paper-, pharma-, plastic/chemical-, alcohol/tabacco- and textile/cotton-industries for example) so we should also keep up the fight!
No human, no plant and no thought is illegal! [/pathos]
Right and Wrong had a Fight, Right killed Wrong but died along

Active Member of the militant arm of Al Q'loida

Kensho
#7 Posted : 7/15/2012 5:33:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I certainly hope so. And if California and other states follow suit during the following years perhaps there will be a teen number of states with regulated marihuana sales. That would send shockwaves throughout the world.

No mather what; considering what is happening in Europe, South America, the US, the UN, all over the world; it is certainly no longer a question of if but rather a question of 'how soon?'

I think we have good reasons to be optimistic, people Smile
"They are dangerously addictive."
- Virginia Woolf on the semicolon

Bliss
#8 Posted : 7/15/2012 7:20:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I really doubt this will legislation will be passed. Firstly you have the people in the monopoly voting against it, then you have all of the biased citizens who know nearly nothing more than they were told, the people who are neutral on the subject and will not vote, then fourth you have all of the people who are pro-legalization.

wafflecoptor
#9 Posted : 7/15/2012 7:29:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't have high hopes, too many big businesses will fight and throw money around to keep it where it is.

Besides, most of the american population are just like our friend the head of idea.

Parshvik Chintan
#10 Posted : 7/15/2012 10:19:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bud Shizzler wrote:
how could a conscious human being NOT vote for Obama?

because what color the puppet of partisanship is doesn't affect me?
also because vermin supreme > ron paul > obama.

it is a sad day when the old, out of touch, possibly racist, white man is the most sensible of the bunch.

but in all honesty the richest candidate almost always wins, and we all know who that is.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Cosmic_Reality
#11 Posted : 7/15/2012 10:22:50 PM

***Colony Wars***

So is Ron Paul out of the running? Dose he have no chance in becoming president??
"Your mind is like a parachute, it only works when its open"

Parshvik Chintan
#12 Posted : 7/15/2012 10:26:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cosmic_Reality wrote:
Dose he have no chance in becoming president??

did he really ever?
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Cosmic_Reality
#13 Posted : 7/15/2012 10:41:17 PM

***Colony Wars***

Parshvik Chintan wrote:
Cosmic_Reality wrote:
Dose he have no chance in becoming president??

did he really ever?

Sad I dont want to be stuck with Obama or Rommney for the next two years Sad
"Your mind is like a parachute, it only works when its open"

anrchy
#14 Posted : 7/15/2012 11:33:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Either do I. These are some sad times.

wafflecoptor
#15 Posted : 7/16/2012 12:21:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

We need a president like Teddy Roosevelt, where getting a badger thrown at them doesn't do shit.

Parshvik Chintan
#16 Posted : 7/16/2012 9:50:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wafflecoptor wrote:
We need a president like Teddy Roosevelt, where getting a badger thrown at them doesn't do shit.

well if time isn't an issue i think thomas jefferson would be the one for now.
he would certainly clear this whole sopa/pipa/acta/mpaa/riaa/[other acronyms] copyright mess up

*ironically enough, that document is copywritten*

but then again maybe someone who owned slaves isn't the best moral leader.. he was pretty brilliant, though... not that he would be in a position to change much anyways.

CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

smokerx
#17 Posted : 7/16/2012 11:19:17 AM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

wafflecoptor wrote:

guys you do not need president of any kind you and all of us need people with common sense in a government type like they have in Iceland . People chosen from the people by the people without any power intervention.

put all bankers and corrupted government members (probably nearly all of them ) and all leaders of big corporation in prison.

plus we need to get rid of money (the most corrupted commodity on earth) once and for all without that there will never be any freedom.

That is only my humble opinion I am not clamming it will work but I do believe it my self that it would.

love to all

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

jack_in_the_box
#18 Posted : 7/16/2012 3:32:35 PM

jack_in_the_box

wafflecoptor wrote:

"i believe all drugs..."
"i believe..."
"i believe..."

shes welcome to believe whatever the f**k she wants. the first amendment ensures that.

the founding fathers were f**king high enough to know we needed that.

but he was constantly asking about the science, not what she believed.

than again, beliefs are being passed off as science these days. god helps us.
"...Well, I know what the Philosopher's Stone is, the Philosopher's Stone is an off-white smoke-able crystal and it is sitting in the kitchen freezer!"

-paraphrased from Dennis McKenna's account of Terence McKenna's words-

anrchy
#19 Posted : 7/16/2012 6:33:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jack_in_the_box wrote:
wafflecoptor wrote:

"i believe all drugs..."
"i believe..."
"i believe..."

shes welcome to believe whatever the f**k she wants. the first amendment ensures that.

the founding fathers were f**king high enough to know we needed that.

but he was constantly asking about the science, not what she believed.

than again, beliefs are being passed off as science these days. god helps us.

This topic ^ already has its own thread "illegal drugs are bad"

dreamer042
#20 Posted : 7/16/2012 7:37:49 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Kensho wrote:

No mather what; considering what is happening in Europe, South America, the US, the UN, all over the world; it is certainly no longer a question of if but rather a question of 'how soon?'

I think we have good reasons to be optimistic, people Smile

Absolutely this ^

The ganja is here to stay, everyone knows it and for the most part have accepted it. If they vote down legalization this time, there will be another on the next ballot, and the next, and... With all the information currently available and the ongoing research, the naysayers just don't have a leg to stand on, all the propaganda from the past 75 years has been thoroughly shot down and the mountain of evidence for the benefits of cannabis legalization is continually growing. This may even be the first real steps we take toward making some inroads toward actually ending this unfortunate situation we call the drug war and restoring some sanity to this world.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

12NEXT