We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT fumarate and health Options

ohayoco
#1 Posted : 12/14/2008 2:40:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is DMT fumarate healthy? I'm presuming there's no historical precedent of the use of DMT fumarate, only freebase?
Chemists, please explain Smile
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 12/14/2008 3:16:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

well fumaric acid can be a food additive..and all dmt fumarate is...is two dmt molecules and one fumaric acid molecule joined together..i cant see why it wouldnt be healthy...SWIM tells me it FEELS healthyPleased
it's a sound

Tribal
#3 Posted : 12/14/2008 3:33:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I read Rick Strassman's book. During the trials he was administering it intravenously as a salt, not freebase. He doesn't mention which salt, but I'm assuming fumurate, as it's stable. He administered somewhere around 400 doses with no related health concerns in the patients.

ohayoco
#4 Posted : 12/14/2008 3:38:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for replying Jorkest. Little changes in molecules can be bad for you, so as a non-chemist Foaf is cautious. For example, while fumaric acid is a food additive, fumaric acid esters in psoriasis supplements has side effects:

http://psoriasis-help.org.uk/Psoriasis_Treatments/Systemic_Treatments/FUMARIC_ACID_ESTERS.html wrote:
Reported side effects at trial level include gastrointestinal problems including nausea, cramps and diarrhea. Many reported flushing of the skin... The most serious side effects are kidney disturbance and reduced function and white blood cell abnormality. It is therefore vital that monthly monitoring by blood test is done by a doctor to check the kidneys function and full blood count.

This is just intended as a topical example, Foaf isn't concerned about using free fumaric acid, he wants confirmation that DMT fumarate is safe, because if it is he'll start snorting that or using sublingually rather than smoking freebase DMT (incidentally I bet some people will be buying fumaric acid esters by mistake instead of free fumaric acid... which might mess up their FASA?)
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

ohayoco
#5 Posted : 12/14/2008 3:39:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Tribal wrote:
I read Rick Strassman's book. During the trials he was administering it intravenously as a salt, not freebase. He doesn't mention which salt, but I'm assuming fumurate, as it's stable. He administered somewhere around 400 doses with no related health concerns in the patients.

This is promising information, thank you. Keep it coming! Smile

Tribal
#6 Posted : 12/14/2008 4:20:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

In fact, I remember reading in another post in this forum somewhere that fumerate is the only form of DMT that has been approved by the FDA or something like that. Strassman did have to get DEA and FDA approval before he could do the trials. It's kind of amazing in itself that he actually got approval for testing of a schedule 1 through all the barriers.

Jorkest
#7 Posted : 12/14/2008 5:06:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

haha yeah..it only took him two years to do it too!

he also got funding from the Masons. read that in Inner Paths
it's a sound

Nanaki
#8 Posted : 12/16/2008 4:49:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Can DMT exist as a hydrochloride salt like DMT HCl?
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

Jorkest
#9 Posted : 12/16/2008 5:00:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

it might be too water soluble..or something..maybe not water soluble..but it might not crystalize like dmt fumarate does
it's a sound

Z E D
#10 Posted : 12/20/2008 1:08:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so, SWIM asked Mr. Rick abt any bad effects of smoking freebase DMT, so he said

Quote:
I don't know anything about real medical data concerning effects of smoked DMT on the respiratory system. But, it must not be a very good effect! Very irritating. That's one of the reasons we used the intravenous route in our studies. Snorting I think would be better than smoking, but isn't quite as rapid an onset, and the free base is ineffective when smoked - *****the DMT needs to be in a water-soluble salt form, such as the fumarate (which we used)******.

I have seen DMT free base boil in glass pipes, when people vaporize it to inhale it. It is difficult to control the temperature, and often times it begins to burn, which adds even more duress to the smoking process. I am not a chemist, so can't really comment on if vaporizing DMT first would be a means of purifying it. I would imagine you would need to have great control over the exact temperature, so only the DMT is vaporized off, then collected.

Jorkest
#11 Posted : 12/20/2008 3:43:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sometimes i feel that some of our smarter/older/more advanced members might be rick strass
it's a sound

Nanaki
#12 Posted : 12/21/2008 2:05:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM doesn't find smoked DMT irritating on the lungs at all.
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

Jorkest
#13 Posted : 12/21/2008 2:15:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nanaki wrote:
SWIM doesn't find smoked DMT irritating on the lungs at all.

perhaps the Genie has something to do with that!
it's a sound

amor_fati
#14 Posted : 12/28/2008 7:57:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

SWIM recalls him mentioning in a radio interview that he would like to do studies with the effects of smoking the freebase, since it induces a much more rapid onset than intravenous.

SWIM wouldn't recommend insuffulation. SWIM even tends to seek out any excuse to put a substance up his nose but has yet only found one substance well-suited for that.

Whatever happened to the sublingual DMSO/DMT-Fumarate idea?

ohayoco
#15 Posted : 2/11/2009 1:34:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know how long fumarate keeps for? Years/decades/centuries?