We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Neurophysiological/psychological effects of DMT Options

MrCraggle
#1 Posted : 2/3/2009 12:52:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Can anybody help me out here? I'm interested in how DMT works on our neurones and synapses...and possible theories/knowledge on how these physical actions lead to something so beautifully intangible. Has there been any recent studies into this sort of thing...I think i'm probably asking a lot here!?

Any help or pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Craig
"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."

"The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the Prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced. It is an open secret that the dangerous increase of crime in this country is closely connected with this."

-Albert Einstein

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

MrCraggle
#2 Posted : 2/3/2009 1:19:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I do appreciate that there won't be any full explanations, but anything that provides clues would be great?
"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."

"The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the Prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced. It is an open secret that the dangerous increase of crime in this country is closely connected with this."

-Albert Einstein

MrCraggle
#3 Posted : 2/3/2009 1:35:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh found this interesting article in this forum on the possible role of endogenous DMT

http://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/resource.ashx?a=370

-Albert Einstein

endlessness
#4 Posted : 2/3/2009 1:39:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

on the information subforum, there is a sticky thread called 'scientific articles about dmt/ayahuasca/psychedelics' .. theres a few papers there that might interest you

MrCraggle
#5 Posted : 2/3/2009 1:43:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cheers that's helpful!

-Albert Einstein

burnt
#6 Posted : 2/3/2009 2:40:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

^^Yes specifically a number of new papers have come out talking about the role of endogenous DMT and its activity on a class of neural receptors known as the Trace amine recepters. It appears dmt may be involved in sensory perception.

bufoman
#7 Posted : 2/10/2009 9:41:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Here is a great review by David Nichols on the neuropharmacology of hallucinogens. Most stuff is about the 5-HT receptors but some new stuff is coming out on other sites (TAAR, sigma, ...)

http://www.scribd.com/do...-E-Nichols-Hallucinogens