We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
pH of mescaline hydrochloride? Options

69ron
#1 Posted : 2/5/2009 6:25:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know the pH of mescaline hydrochloride?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

burnt
#2 Posted : 2/5/2009 6:46:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

What exactly do you mean? pH is dependent on concentration of protons in a solution.

69ron
#3 Posted : 2/5/2009 7:50:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For example what's the pH of a 1% solution of mescaline HCl in water?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

benzyme
#4 Posted : 2/5/2009 8:01:49 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Confused

technically, it should be neutral (pH ~ 7)
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

69ron
#5 Posted : 2/5/2009 8:06:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you basing that off the pKa of mescaline?

benzyme
#6 Posted : 2/5/2009 8:14:24 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

no, basing it off of past extraction procedures...and measurements taken by a pH meter
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

69ron
#7 Posted : 2/5/2009 8:18:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well the pKa of mescaline is 9.56, so at pH 7.56 99% is ionized. At pH 7 about 99.5% is ionized.

If an acid like citric acid were used instead of HCl, that would change the pH of the solution or would you still get about pH 7?

benzyme
#8 Posted : 2/5/2009 8:20:52 PM

analytical chemist

yeah, you should still get a pH ~ 7.
the citrate salt is even more hygroscopic than the HCl salt, so of course it tends to be resinous