We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hegel's Phenomenology of Spirit Options

benzyme
#1 Posted : 7/7/2012 5:54:33 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Parshvik Chintan
#2 Posted : 7/7/2012 6:29:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tl;dr
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

InMotion
#3 Posted : 7/7/2012 8:16:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: 3D programming, Mathematician (if you need help with algebra to differential equations I'm available), SKilled Engineer

Wow, that's the first time I've read something that wasn't a scientific journal or book in a long time(only the preface so far). Thanks for posting this, it is the best explanation I've ever seen compiled for a spiritual existence and the hierarchy of consciousness. Haven't even gotten to the meat of it yet, hahaha. Now to find a hard-copy Big grin

edit - Having a hard time believing this was written in 1807. Wow.

Parshvik Chintan
#4 Posted : 7/7/2012 8:41:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

InMotion wrote:
Wow, that's the first time I've read something that wasn't a scientific journal or book in a long time(only the preface so far)

in fairness the preface is huge. just wait till you get to the introduction Razz
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

Eliyahu
#5 Posted : 7/9/2012 7:59:31 AM
ืกื ื“ืœืคื•ืŸ

Hola Benzyme...

So I was unable to download the huge file but I did do some pretty in depth research about it,
(besides just wikapedia) and I have to say it is a pretty interesting vein of information there...honestly it's a tad wordy and long winded for my reading taste, (and this is coming from someone that likes to read the bible and ancient texts).. but there is definitely some good stuff there for shore...He was a big fan of Plato and Aristotle, who are both incredible philosophers in my opinion.

The writing style reminds me of another 18th century book I read once called The Hidden Way Across the Threshold, by J.C Street it's a bit more far out and occultish but similar in ways so you may like it Benz.

I did notice that one of his main postulations is that there exists an objective reality beyond the subjective reality available to ordinary perception..

This is an idea shared by Kabalah, Vedic Literature, Buddhism, Hinduism, Shamanism and later on Aldous Huxley..

Also-
I did like what he said about Christ, I definitely agree with it:

From Wikipedia:

Hegel's thoughts on the person of Jesus Christ stood out from the theologies of the Enlightenment. In his posthumous book, The Christian Religion: Lectures on Philosophy of Religion Part 3, he espouses that, "God is not an abstraction but a concrete God...God, considered in terms of his eternal Idea, has to generate the Son, has to distinguish himself from himself; he is the process of differentiating, namely, love and Spirit". This means that Jesus as the Son of God is posited by God over against himself as other. Hegel sees both a relational unity and a metaphysical unity between Jesus and God the Father. To Hegel, Jesus is both divine and Human. Hegel further attests that God (as Jesus) not only died, but "...rather, a reversal takes place: God, that is to say, maintains himself in the process, and the latter is only the death of death. God rises again to life, and thus things are reversed."

Thumbs up

So are you born again yet? Laughing
And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

benzyme
#6 Posted : 7/9/2012 3:55:14 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

nope.

I'm also a fan of Nietzsche. "God is dead and we killed him", "the last real christian died on the cross", etc., etc.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Eliyahu
#7 Posted : 7/9/2012 4:44:38 PM
ืกื ื“ืœืคื•ืŸ

Ya, I didn't think so..

But it appears that your running headlong into a conflict of interest
Can't have it both ways really, I don't see how it would work to be an athiest and at the same time subscribe to the theories of a highly religious man.

Anyways, I hope you will at least take into consideration that highly rational, scientific minded people are convinced of God's existence.

And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

benzyme
#8 Posted : 7/9/2012 4:51:15 PM

analytical chemist

if we take the contemporary view of god being a form of energy which displays behaviors of classical physics and quantum mechanics, completely independent of man-conceived social constructs such as morals, then yes, I can observe that

Eliyahu
#9 Posted : 7/9/2012 5:30:24 PM
ืกื ื“ืœืคื•ืŸ

Yes that is what Kabbalah, Veda and Buddhism all say about god. That god is a form of energy that displays behavior of classical physics.

Morals are not part of the Kabbalah or even the bible for that matter,IMO the idea of "morals"
are a result of the flawed interpretations of God's word. It was not about morals or following the "law", it's all about proper energy conservation, distribution, usage and deployment.

I am just trying to point out that perhaps your shortchanging ancient philosophy. It's not just a bunch of moral hogwash IMO.

benzyme
#10 Posted : 7/9/2012 5:46:50 PM

analytical chemist

yea, but I don't need "teachings" to tell me that Wink
critical thinking and understanding do it for me.
this iconic work by a noted german philosopher merely integrates rational thought with
old interpretations; there are many other works out there that do the same.

Eliyahu
#11 Posted : 7/9/2012 9:30:43 PM
ืกื ื“ืœืคื•ืŸ

benzyme wrote:
yea, but I don't need "teachings" to tell me that Wink
critical thinking and understanding do it for me.
this iconic work by a noted german philosopher merely integrates rational thought with
old interpretations; there are many other works out there that do the same.

Well apparently Mr. Hegel's work would not exist if he himself had not have studied various "teachings" hence the value of such things. And besides if this phenomenology of spirit thing is not a "teaching" in itself then I don't now what you would classify it as? A tutorial?

benzyme
#12 Posted : 7/9/2012 11:40:36 PM

analytical chemist

an excercise in cerebral wankery, like all philosophical and theological works, including the kabbalah.just another book of opinions

Eliyahu
#13 Posted : 7/10/2012 3:14:51 AM
ืกื ื“ืœืคื•ืŸ

As long as you can see the enjoyment of cerebral satisfaction....

Drool

FranLover
#14 Posted : 12/11/2019 3:46:04 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

This is my favorite book. There is simply nothing quite like it. Does anyone else love it? What Bach is to music, Hegel is to literature.

Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence โ—‹ Shiva โ—‡ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving โ™กSee the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.โ™ก
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Jees
#15 Posted : 12/11/2019 5:35:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How about an alleged "coincidence" synchronicity FranLover, I just started to read/discover about
https://www.hegel.com/
as you posted this.
If you have some money to spend and love music.....

we are connected Pleased