We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First Mushroom alcohol extraction, then taken aback by its power! Options

Michal_R
#1 Posted : 6/28/2012 9:57:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dear Nexians,
I would like to share with you my experience from my first alcohol extraction.

METHOD: I ground 2,8 grams (1/10 of an ounce) of dried P.Cubensis in my coffee grinder, and added about 100ml of 80% drinkable ethanol. After having it sit for 12 hours, I filtered it through a fine paper filter. Then I boiled the volume down to cca 25 ml (= a small shot of strong vodka). I drank it diluted in a glass of orange juice on empty stomach (more than 15 hours since my last meal).

EXPERIENCE: I have done more that 2,8 grams of dried P. Cubensis before (from the same flush), so I thought I more or less knew what to expect. I was way wrong, of course... The Mushroom hit me really fast and strong: first noticable effects came after less than 10 minutes, full effects in 30-40 minutes (unlike 60 – 90 minutes when I simply chew the Mushroom). I got strong nauzea, actually much stronger than I got from higher doses of Mushrooms in the past. After about 45 minutes I started to fall into a state of "dreamy dissolution", when I was loosing ability to distinguish between consensual reality and my Mushroom visions. I knew this was becoming my strongest Mushroom trip so far, perhaps at the threshold of being "too much". I was glad I was at home, safe and comfortable, as I realized I am not really able to walk anymore. I was glad I could lie down, in dark silence, covered by a thick blanket. Soon I broke into a DMT-like state, and became fully immersed into the "other world" of the Mushroom. This state itself, falling into it, and emerging back from it, strongly reminded me of my previous freebase DMT experiences (especially the familiar/unfamiliar recall of "this" world when entering it back from the "other" world). I can barely remember any particular vision in detail, I can only vaguely recall that I was living through complex lives in complex worlds far beyond my current imagination and ability to verbalize.

QUESTIONS: I was quite taken aback by the power of the Mushroom, which – as I learned in by experience – should never be underestimated. Up until now, I have considered 2,8 grams to be, at least for me, a moderate-to-strong, but definitely not a "breakthrough dose" (if I can call it like that).

Do you have any explanation for this rather unusually intense experience (with regard to the relatively low dosage)? Do you think it is possible that the crude alcohol exctraction described above is more "effective" than chewing in transporting more of Psilocybin/Psilocyn into the blood stream? Or was it just a coincidence of (1) an unusually strong Mushroom, (2) an effective alcohol extraction, (3) and my absolutely empty stomach?

Thanks for reading / reflecting upon my post.
Peace & Love

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

corpus callosum
#2 Posted : 6/28/2012 10:11:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

I can vouch for the fact that a solution of psilocin/psilocybin taken on an entirely empty stomach can really hit hard.Ive struggled to stand up 15-20 minutes after a heavy Liberty Cap brew.Shocked And that was the very early effects....that trip was the most intense psychedelic experience I'd had till that point and for a good few years after.But that was before DMT came into my clutches.Smile

Im less able to comment on the other 2 postulates ie super-strong mushroom or the ethanolic factor.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Yerba
#3 Posted : 6/28/2012 10:14:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

A friend has reported similar effects with an infusion of ground fruits in OJ. Says if you drink your orange juice pulpy, you can't even tell the difference.

fourthripley
#4 Posted : 6/28/2012 11:13:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think its a question of tolerance; much as a given quantity of DMT fb consumed over an extended period will never hit the intnsity of the same amount taken all at once so with its oral cousin. An ethanolic extract or tea means the goodies are availale without tolerance having a chance to occur while the stomach 'extracts' from the mushroom tissue.
mistakes were made

Michal_R
#5 Posted : 7/4/2012 8:17:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks all for your readings / replies.

"Yerba" and "corpus callosum": yes, I agree that a very empty stomach may do the difference...

- but, at the same time -

"fourthripley" pointed to a very interesting point: tolerance to psilocybin etc. may build up in the course of digestion... This could explain why an ethanol/OJ extract can hit harder than just eating the Mushroom... Liquids are digested faster than solids - and therefore - with much less time for a tolerance to buildup... This could explain why liquid (aqueous/ethanolic) macerate hits harder+faster+stronger than "simply" chewing the same amount of the Mushroom.

What do you think?

Cosmic_Revolution
#6 Posted : 7/5/2012 10:22:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I want to comment and tell you that I have a lot of experience with Mushrooms, thats another hobby of mineBig grin , and unless your mushrooms come from a genetic isolate then the active contend can vary widely. From one batch of mine a budy had an ego death experience on 3 grams, I took 8 and barely tripped. So if you really want to nail down what is causing this then you need to take a substantial amount of mushrooms (enough to test) and grind them into a powder and thoroughly mix it. Even then though you could run into different psilocin/psilocybin concentrations, but I think if mixed well enough you could really nail down what is causing the increase in effects. Good luck and happy travels!!

Michal_R
#7 Posted : 7/5/2012 10:45:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your comments, "Cosmic_Revolution", and for your research design as well - I think I will experiment with this in near future.

And concerning your "8 grams and barely tripped..." vs. "ego death on 3 grams", wowShocked ! Your story that reveals a lot about great variation in the content of psilocybin (for which especially Ps.Cubensis are known), AND/OR about your tolerance to psilocybin...

Cosmic_Revolution
#8 Posted : 7/6/2012 1:41:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well as far as I know and you only encounter a tolerance when you trip shrooms back to back, one night then the next. Which I have never done and I've never tripped shrooms with that small of an interval in-between . Even though I always have them, I usually only trip maybe once every 2 months. And this trip was the 1st shroom trip in at least 2 months. I should have also told you that we dosed tea, but we had different mushrooms. I had maybe 3, and he had only 1 single 3 gram shroom.

redeadnixon
#9 Posted : 7/6/2012 6:44:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just a thought, but could it be something to do with a large amount of the actives being ready for absorption into the body? (as opposed to the body having to digest them first, then having a steady stream of psilocybin/psilocin)

Although the varying potency idea sounds more realistic.
It's not the first time we've been in this dream.

SHroomtroll
#10 Posted : 7/6/2012 7:09:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I notice this when o do a lemon tek with shrooms aswell, you get alot stronger but shorter peak this way.

Prob like above poster says, i prefer nowadays to make 2shots of shredded shrooms in lemon juice, drink one wait 30mins and then drink one more.

This gives a very nice double peak effect where the second one really kicks your ass, this is great for when you wanna go deep.

Michal_R
#11 Posted : 7/12/2012 11:10:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your ideas + comments.

SHroomtroll wrote:
i prefer nowadays to make 2shots of shredded shrooms in lemon juice, drink one wait 30mins and then drink one more...

This is something I am probably going to test next time...

Trickster
#12 Posted : 7/13/2012 7:31:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Here is my rough history of relations with mushrooms.

Some 5 years ago:
- 2 g - nothing
- 4 g - barely noticeable CEV
- 6 g - CEV and slight mood change for half an hour
- 8 g - finely ground in OJ on empty stomach after a liter of fresh cranberry juice. Complete ego death, panic, then absolutely ecstatic comedown. After that I quit mushrooms for more than 4 years.

Half a year ago I decided to give them another try. I decided that 3 g would be nothing. Bad mistake. It was even more horrifying than the previous 8 g. Time lost its meaning. Simultaneously I felt myself a pool of protoplasm, an ancient fossil, etc. Strangely, the most frightening feeling was that words lost their meaning. Shows how basic the language is for consciousness.

A few cautious dabbling with doses between 2.2 g 2.6 g later. Some of the experiences were quite profound but not so much as the 8 and 3 g.

The most recent notable experiences were with methanol extracted cubes.

One was with an unknown quantity of the extract. I washed my lab glass used in extraction and drying and instead of discarding the liquids made a honey flavored tea. Erroneously I thought that there are just some traces of psylocybin. In 10 min it hit me hard. In 20 min I was in panic calling a friend.

The last time I measured carefully the amount of extract equaling aprox. 2.5 g. I diluted it in fresh OJ and drank it in 30 min. Very profound and thought provoking experience. Much less nausea that usually bothers me a lot.

Next time I am planning to try Mushroom extract with Syrian Rue extract.

P.S. For me mushrooms are always hit or miss.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

behindthelight
#13 Posted : 7/16/2012 5:02:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Here is my input:

I do shrooms a lot. I always make a tea out of it. IMO it is the best way to do it by far. I have what I think is the absolute best method, it works perfect.

I never go under 7 grams.

I always do it after fasting at least 6-8 hours, I truly feel like it hits harder if you fast a while before.

And yes, when doing it this way, I find that my "peak" is only about 2-3 hours, then it goes away really fast after that.

Last night I did my highest does ever. I did 11.5 grams. Let me tell you, it was crazy.

So hard to describe what I felt and what I saw, but the intensity was just unreal. I remember standing up and turning the light on and EVERY single thing in the room was vibrating so fast and so strong. Felt like the entire world around me was just pulsating back and forth. It was amazing.

Trickster
#14 Posted : 7/16/2012 9:39:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

behindthelight wrote:

I never go under 7 grams.

Wow! That's a lot!
Don't you think this is because the tea is less potent than, say fresh or alcohol extracted mushrooms?
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

behindthelight
#15 Posted : 7/17/2012 2:48:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Trickster wrote:

Wow! That's a lot!
Don't you think this is because the tea is less potent than, say fresh or alcohol extracted mushrooms?

No, not at all, if you do the tea correctly, you can extract all of the psilocybin.

I have eaten 7g of mushrooms many times and drank 7-10 gram teas many times. It is the same. The tea is just a lot easier to get down.

I've had a couple 7g Penis Envy teas that where so strong that I could barely even move....my whole body was shaking....my teeth were chattering and I was in another universe....shit is amazing.

meekerba
#16 Posted : 4/4/2013 5:20:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm jealous of your penis envy?Big grin Wink