We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT Theory Options

Rapt
#1 Posted : 2/7/2009 12:42:50 PM

Wesley

Ok so DMT is a chemical thats produced by your pineal gland. Its secreated in deep rem sleep in very low doses every night when you sleep. But what does it have to do with your dreams? And why do we dream in the first place? I started a new medicine thats pretty much legal speed. Lately i've only been sleeping every 2 days or so. Its been proven that we sleep to dream. And if we dont sleep after a certain amount of time our dreams will start to appear in our lives. If you stay up for 3 days or so you can see for yourself. I've only gotten to that point once. And it wasnt plesent. Its also been proven that after lack of sleep your dreams become more vivid and more easy to remember. I've experianced this in the past week or so. But what about DMT trips after having lack of sleep? If dmt is what makes you have your dreams in deep rem sleep then what happens when you dont sleep for a few days.. then smoke the spice? I'm hoping it has the same affect. Because your brain eats up DMT then what will happen after 48 hours of no sleep? SWIM is going to find out in about 3 hours. I will let you all know how it goes.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

burnt
#2 Posted : 2/7/2009 1:40:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
Ok so DMT is a chemical thats produced by your pineal gland.

This has never been demonstrated it is a myth perpetuated by past speculation.

Quote:
Its secreated in deep rem sleep in very low doses every night when you sleep.

Acetylcholine has more to do with dreaming and sleep then dmt. There is no direct evidence for much involvement at all for dmt and dreaming. As far as I know.

Quote:
And if we dont sleep after a certain amount of time our dreams will start to appear in our lives. If you stay up for 3 days or so you can see for yourself. I've only gotten to that point once. And it wasnt plesent.

You should seriously consider lowering doses of your medication and getting to get some sleep. Taking "legal speed" all day and not sleeping can cause health problems it can also lead to amphetamine psychosis if overused. Combining sleep deprivation with amphetamines and dmt is in my opinion a very bad idea.

Rapt
#3 Posted : 2/7/2009 4:36:17 PM

Wesley

Just to clear this up the only reason my medication has kept me up is because i'm still trying to find the right dosage. And i was planning on getting it lowered. I am not purposely staying awake. And sorry for any confusion i might have caused with that. About the dreaming, the pineal gland, and DMT having to do with your dreaming... I've read and heard those "myths" several times and have done my share of research. But i guess not enough. Anyway, i just came back to earth about 20 minutes ago. That was by far the most intense DMT trip i've ever had. I thought i pissed my pants. It was so scary but so euphoric at the same time. The only thing i really remember about it was there was a clown lauphing at me. He never said anything but i knew exactly what he was lauphing at. He thought it was funny that i wasnt ready for the trip. To be honest with you i wasnt. That was borderline too instense.

Jorkest
#4 Posted : 2/7/2009 4:47:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

they do tend to laugh at you if you arent prepared
it's a sound

almostacontam
#5 Posted : 2/9/2009 12:06:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i've never had anything laugh at me, but on one of my first times i took almost a breakthrough hit and wasnt ready for it. i closed my eyes and was in a room with a bunch of shadow figures where i could see them look over at me, and get up off they're chairs and couches and come over to me all confused, they knew i wasnt ready.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me"

Rapt
#6 Posted : 2/9/2009 4:54:31 AM

Wesley

Was your second breakthrough better? This was my 5th time smoking it and i thought i was finally ready for a breakthrough.. but as they say nothing can really ready you for one. It was kind of weird and i think my set and setting had alot to do with it. I was in this guys house who i dont know really well. And 4 of his friends were there. I wasnt with anyone i knew too well. And when i was coming down from it i could hear them talking but i couldnt understand what they were saying. They sounded like really fast talking mice. I hope my second breakthough will be a little more enjoyable. Shocked

almostacontam
#7 Posted : 2/9/2009 7:52:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

that bad setting was how i took my first dose, i was with a girl who i kinda liked, but had just met. was at her house, which i'd never been in before. and since it was my first dose, obviously had no idea what i was getting myself into. i've only had one breakthrough experience. so i cant help you with that. but it took about half a gram of slowly working the dose up to get back to being comfortable...

some advice that worked great for me, when i was working up the courage to take a breakthrough dose. was to just leave like 60mg in your pipe/bong/machine whatever. and go about your day. have plans to do it a certain time. but dont think about you taking a big dose at all. just sit down. and start taking hits.

i'm not saying that that may be the best choice for you. but when i did that there was no fear what so ever. and was probably the best trip i've had, with my limited experience.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me"

Jorkest
#8 Posted : 2/9/2009 3:36:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

thats some great advice actually..SWIM has found the times that he just sits down and does it to be the best..
it's a sound

40oztofreedom
#9 Posted : 2/10/2009 5:18:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been extremely sleep deprivated before (3-4 full 24 hour days). Its not really all that fun, even though things do get a little bit trippy. Its trippy, in the same sense Datura is trippy. Its interesting but not all that fun.

And in all honesty, being tweaked out on Adderall (legal amphetamines), sleep deprivated, and then taking DMT sounds like one of the worst ideas I've ever heard of. Now, would it increase the effects? Yeah probably, because even when I get sleep deprivated and then go smoke some pot, I get a LOT higher. But then again that doesn't necessarily mean just because its stronger, will make for a better experience.

Whatever floats your boat, but I wouldn't condone it.
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

Rapt
#10 Posted : 2/10/2009 4:31:54 PM

Wesley

lol 40oz it def did make for a stronger experience. But as you said it didnt make for a better experience. Thats for sure. And just to let you know i'm not one to purposely get all tweaked out on adderall. And staying awake for long periods of time is absolutly not my idea of a good time. But i figured after hearing peoples theories on what DMT had to do with dreaming. And its been proven that staying awake makes your dreams seem more real, and can even make your dreams leak into reality. Why not take advantage of this opportunity and test out a theory. I'm not going to do it again though. Thats for sure. Confused