We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Smoking spice scares the hell out of me!!! Options

misterfractal55834
#1 Posted : 6/29/2012 6:24:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So SWIM has smoked spice 5 times so far. Every time SWIM hits the spice the vibrations and ringing in his ears becomes so unbearable that he immediately thinks to himself "I don't like this, I don't like this." only once did SWIM manage to get past the onset and had a great breakthrough with lots of friendly entities. The other times SWIM couldn't stop fighting that warp speed body feeling. SWIM really enjoys oral DMT but would like to occasionally have some pleasant smoked breakthroughs. Does anyone have any tactics to fighting the lightning that hits SWIM on the onset. SWIM has tried meditation before hand but it didn't help very much.
"I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected
enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired, to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,
to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human" -Tool
"Spiral out... Keep going...

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Sky Motion
#2 Posted : 6/29/2012 6:27:29 PM

<3

I'm the same way, even with the "I don't like this" meditation doesn't help me much either. Breakthrough doses are somehow less scary..

zigizigi
#3 Posted : 6/29/2012 7:10:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just increase the dose. Your body bombards you with unpleasant signals because it hates dying, death is loathsome and repugnant. That's a natural reaction to any death-like experience. If you're stuck in this state that most likely means that the dosage is not enough to break trough the bodily sensations, to disconnect your consciousness from it. It's very hard to enter the ice cold water gradually because your body will keep telling you that it's uncomfortable and unpleasant. It's much easier when you just plunge.

An alternative way may be concentrating on that ear-buzz and vibration and letting it take you over. Just make sure you're lying on the couch because if you succeed you will technically faint. As it comes to near death experience anything is counter-intuitive because to fear and loath death is your natural bodily reaction. The clue is just to go further, despite your feelings.

misterfractal55834
#4 Posted : 6/29/2012 7:26:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

zigizigi wrote:
Just increase the dose. Your body bombards you with unpleasant signals because it hates dying, death is loathsome and repugnant. That's a natural reaction to any death-like experience. If you're stuck in this state that most likely means that the dosage is not enough to break trough the bodily sensations, to disconnect your consciousness from it. It's very hard to enter the ice cold water gradually because your body will keep telling you that it's uncomfortable and unpleasant. It's much easier when you just plunge.

An alternative way may be concentrating on that ear-buzz and vibration and letting it take you over. Just make sure you're lying on the couch because if you succeed you will technically faint. As it comes to near death experience anything is counter-intuitive because to fear and loath death is your natural bodily reaction. The clue is just to go further, despite your feelings.

I never thought about it that way. Im gonna take that plunge. I've just been scared to up the dosage because I thought it would intensify that body feeling. I'll report back soon.

PinealGland3rdeye
#5 Posted : 6/29/2012 7:52:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Laughing well at least it scares the "hell" out of you that's always good. Laughing

Awakened
#6 Posted : 6/29/2012 8:31:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was the same, then I ingested DMT with a MAOI. Much smoother experience. Or make changa that also makes it all a little less of an assault.
I like to make things up, everything above is made up and not real, it is a story for my own amusement. Sorry if you felt mislead.

I normally have to edit my posts within a couple of minutes for prose, spelling and grammar. Just to let you know.

Terrence_Mechanic
#7 Posted : 6/29/2012 9:09:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

did you take Pharmausca? and what maoi did you use?

Smoked dmt can be scary, it's like this scared uncomfortable feeling in the stomach that is terrified to let you even though you may have prepped quite a bit.

Awakened wrote:
I was the same, then I ingested DMT with a MAOI. Much smoother experience. Or make changa that also makes it all a little less of an assault.

Awakened
#8 Posted : 6/29/2012 9:37:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I took 20 grams of yellow powdered vine and used the Herbal percolator . I used 2.5 litres of boiling water, with about 20ml of vinger added per litre. I then boiled the resulting liquid down to 50ml and drank.

15 minutes later I ingested 30mg of DMT, much much easier and slower, I added 20mg of vaporised on top of this.

I like to make things up, everything above is made up and not real, it is a story for my own amusement. Sorry if you felt mislead.

I normally have to edit my posts within a couple of minutes for prose, spelling and grammar. Just to let you know.

scudge
#9 Posted : 6/29/2012 9:55:29 PM

ab intra

Make sure you release anything in the stomach before taking the plunge, You dont wanna shit your pants.
Its in your head

TheFly
#10 Posted : 6/29/2012 10:50:28 PM

The Fly

zigizigi wrote:
As it comes to near death experience anything is counter-intuitive because to fear and loath death is your natural bodily reaction. The clue is just to go further, despite your feelings.

Wow, That just hit me on the head just now, So beautiful. Thanks mate.
Existence is an illusion of an experience with states of minds and functions of memory to entice you that it is in fact real.

Hiyo Quicksilver
#11 Posted : 6/30/2012 12:04:30 AM

just some guy

No worries man, this happens to most everyone for their first few trips at least. I've spoken to people who have smoalked DMT regularly for years, and they're still terrified every time.

Nifty mantras, higher or lower doses, clever "explanations" of unconcious processes and all these other things can help, and you may find that they solve your problems... but the real way out of your fear is simply strength and courage.

First off, the sensations you feel, see, hear, etc are all going to be much more intense than your normal experience. This is the nature of the game. Just get in it and dig it, and the good stuff will happen. You will be just fine when you get back, eardrums and all. I promise.

Face your weakness, come to terms with what you are and what will happen to you upon smoalking, and continue forth not scared doubtful but strong and confident. Not only will it make your uneasy feelings completely meaningless, but when you start from a stable and strong position, the trip literally is far more positive, far more gratifying and if anything unpleasant should come up, you have at your disposal the faculties to overcome it with grace and dignity.

Strength of spirit, courage and self-responsibility are pretty much nonexistent in today's sissy, scared intellectual culture. There's no reason to feel bad about your feelings or take it personally, but do be mindful of your feelings and take them as an indicator of what is going on within yourself. Transformation is not a subtle process that you sit and watch, it's something you do.

You can sit shivering in your boots until you toke, shut up your soul and recite self help mantras as the drug takes hold and "try to maintain" until you're dropped into hyperspace and treated like a gawking child...
Or you can be strong like you know darn well you can be, and stand up to what's facing you with courage and acceptance, and be an active participant in the experience with the ability to shape what happens and the wherewithall to interact with it as an equal.

Whichever you choose, good luck and Happy Travels.
Hg

Dreamwalker
#12 Posted : 6/30/2012 2:22:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes... This is a good thing. What better way to feel alive after coming back from just thinking you've actually died!

Seriously, its a humbling experience that deserves respect.

Sometimes it is REALLY scary. Most times I find myself wondering what I was so afraid of and I just want to smoalk moar!!!!

Guyomech
#13 Posted : 6/30/2012 5:06:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

The preflight jitters are normal and healthy, even after years of experience.

What is your smoking technique? If you use a VG you can get it all down in one pull. My big problem has often been in taking the second or third hit with the first one coming on so strong... VG or GVG can solve that.

So much of it is just in your attitude. I know it's easy to say, "just be strong and confident", but if you try on this attitude and it falls apart before you can light your torch, wait till another time.

Another piece of advice I've come across many times is to try a brisk workout before you travel. Get the heart rate up for a sustained period, then cool down. Enough to feel energized, not tired. I believe this has a natural effect on improving self confidence and vitality, which would improve your outlook at the beginning of your journey.

Last but not least: don't pressure yourself. Trust in the process, in the natural timing of things. It'll happen the moment you are ready.

Dethrone
#14 Posted : 6/30/2012 6:08:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Lots of good advice here,different things work for everyone.I was very much like you when I started the "I dont like this" and just hoped the trip would get better.Recently I decided to try a few different things to get past these stages.

When I blast off I say "this is just what dmt is like,I want this and i will take whatever comes".It will take time to find your way,confidence really does make all the difference.The last time my trip started to turn dark on me I got bold and said "bring it on,show me all that shit I hate to look at".To my surprise the darkness faded and went in a different direction.I also berated a few entities I didnt like and told them they couldnt hurt me and they are not even real.

I wont lie I was scared to do that but it made me feel powerful.It made me feel that I have every right to be there as much as anyone or anything else that resides in or also visits hyperspace.I show respect on my journeys but I have been speaking up lately when I dont like the way things are going.I value the negative trips as they usually offer the most insight,my point was dont just show me some stuff I dont like at least make it meaningful.

Electric Kool-Aid
#15 Posted : 6/30/2012 6:20:33 AM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

This can be unbareable!!!
Remember "set & setting" play a roll too here. Get comfortable!
Another one is thanking the gods for this trip. Be proud you are having this.
Ask them to show you and guide you, help you through this journey.
Some say to get some small puffs in your system first. That the wait 1 hour thing is bogus.

I had these jitters something fearce. It had to do with that I was worried about getting "cought" doing it.
So low doses until ready. I myself have to have no one around. Only animals.

Also, sitters can be good if you have one available! Someone to look over you and grab the pipe from you when you have completed.
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

Psychonaut In Orbit
#16 Posted : 6/30/2012 7:14:55 AM

Ancient Futuristic Organisms

Dreamwalker wrote:
Yes... This is a good thing. What better way to feel alive after coming back from just thinking you've actually died!

Seriously, its a humbling experience that deserves respect.

Sometimes it is REALLY scary. Most times I find myself wondering what I was so afraid of and I just want to smoalk moar!!!!

I feel the exact same way... after getting over that scared feeling and taking the plunge and coming back I always ask myself why was I so scared... lol

It's totally normal and with my 9-10 months of usage (~500-700 trips) I still get the jitters. There is one thing that totally erases these jitters and that is alcohol but from reading around it seems that some of the more veteran users are against the mixture of alcohol and DMT. I feel with moderation it is totally fine and hasn't harmed me at all health wise... along with taking the pre-flight jitters away it also extends the trip slightly and brings a slightly heavier body load with it. I don't want to spread bad advice or put someone in dire straits so I apologize in advance if some members feel that I am but out of 500-700 trips I've tried alcohol with about 20 or so and it hasn't harmed me once.

With all that being said I must say when I first started smoking DMT I was deathly afraid of the "take your breath away feeling" but now after extended usage that extreme moment has become my favorite part (even though it is the scariest part). As I said in another post... once I get past this extreme moment then I know I'll be alright and I'm more than capable of handling whatever DMT throws at me after this "teleportation/warping/wormhole" stage. It's a test.. .a trial by fire... are you willing to go through this transformation to "see" whats waiting on the other side? Shocked Drool Shocked
1% of reality is within our plane of existence. What we feel... what we see... what we hear... what we "think" we know... The other 99% percent of reality can only be shown to us through DMT. This 99% lies within the "Realm of the Unknowns". We can only experience FULL reality when we leave this vessel, our bodies. DMT gives us a taste of this full reality... the universal knowledge is given to us by the beings who call "hyperspace" their home. When in hyperspace there is no "self" but instead this self is replaced with pure and raw energy. ENERGY CAN NOT BE DESTROYED, ONLY TRANSFERRED OR TRANSFORMED! So when you have that "ego-death" during a breakthrough trip, don't fret, you are not being destroyed but yet..... YOU ARE BEING TRANSFORMED.

I LOVE YOU, RESPECT YOU AND I THANK YOU... Dimethyltryptamine ... for showing me the 99% of reality that I would never have experienced in everyday life.

*All posts under this moniker, Psychonaut In Orbit, is for entertainment and research purposes only. All events stated to have happened, or witnessed are all heresay and fictional*

misterfractal55834
#17 Posted : 6/30/2012 7:37:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great input everyone!! I've taken everyone's post to heart and I feel a lot better about the situation. I've tried so many substances over the years and none have put the fear in me like smoalking spice. I know there is something divine on the other side that's why I've continued to try despite the negative experiences. I feel that my body just fights it so much. I'm going to try a few things and see how it goes. Btw been using ash weed sandwich method. Going to take a look at VG though.
P.s.
I freaking love oral spice and that is an understatement.

Cosmic_Reality
#18 Posted : 6/30/2012 10:40:48 AM

***Colony Wars***

Hey guys I'll be trying DMT pretty soon, Im having the jitters too.Embarrased What dose the take your breath away feeling, feel like? Also what are some other initial things that happen, while starting out?
Im trying to get a general idea of that sort of stuff, so I know its coming, and that everything will be ok Smile
"Your mind is like a parachute, it only works when its open"

SeekerOfTruths
#19 Posted : 6/30/2012 10:53:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cosmic_Reality wrote:
Hey guys I'll be trying DMT pretty soon, Im having the jitters too.Embarrased What dose the take your breath away feeling, feel like? Also what are some other initial things that happen, while starting out?
Im trying to get a general idea of that sort of stuff, so I know its coming, and that everything will be ok Smile

I couldn't explain the feeling if I wrote a book. Nor would I suggest trying to expect "Something". The experiences i've had have been drastically different from time to time.

It's an overwhelming feeling, it can be a massive shock. In my opinion the biggest thing is to try and just go with whats going on. If you build yourself up expecting something to be, you could be absolutely terrified because whats happening will not match your expectations.

Psychonaut In Orbit
#20 Posted : 6/30/2012 11:39:30 AM

Ancient Futuristic Organisms

SeekerOfTruths wrote:
Cosmic_Reality wrote:

I couldn't explain the feeling if I wrote a book. Nor would I suggest trying to expect "Something". The experiences i've had have been drastically different from time to time.

It's an overwhelming feeling, it can be a massive shock. In my opinion the biggest thing is to try and just go with whats going on. If you build yourself up expecting something to be, you could be absolutely terrified because whats happening will not match your expectations.

This pretty much... DMT has a unique way of being VERY random... all kinds of "jukes" so to say. It could be pulling you one way with visuals... while counter visuals that have nothing to do with anything will somehow show up and lure you away... all the while your body is under a state of near anesthesia. On top of that DMT has a way of connecting EVERYTHING! It's definitely a "flow" going on... each visual trying to best the last visual while another visual has your mouth wide open in awe... all this is AFTER the breath taking/warp/teleporting/wormhole sensation. As I said in another post I've had visuals during this stage... the stage that brings you into hyperspace but those visuals are so extreme I couldn't even begin to describe them even if I had the words to.... Shocked Shocked Shocked

All in all if you go with the flow...even during a "bad" trip you'll be alright. Although you wont be able to "remember" this.. these entities can not harm you physically. If you are not mentally strong then there may be some adverse effects that last after a bad trip.. .but they will go away (I must say if you are not mentally strong then you really have no business trying DMT until you are in a good enough state to do it and even then proceed with caution). The same goes for good trips. There is definitely an afterglow and awakening that tends to linger after a profound experience.

Happy Travels fellow psychonauts! Thumbs up
1% of reality is within our plane of existence. What we feel... what we see... what we hear... what we "think" we know... The other 99% percent of reality can only be shown to us through DMT. This 99% lies within the "Realm of the Unknowns". We can only experience FULL reality when we leave this vessel, our bodies. DMT gives us a taste of this full reality... the universal knowledge is given to us by the beings who call "hyperspace" their home. When in hyperspace there is no "self" but instead this self is replaced with pure and raw energy. ENERGY CAN NOT BE DESTROYED, ONLY TRANSFERRED OR TRANSFORMED! So when you have that "ego-death" during a breakthrough trip, don't fret, you are not being destroyed but yet..... YOU ARE BEING TRANSFORMED.

I LOVE YOU, RESPECT YOU AND I THANK YOU... Dimethyltryptamine ... for showing me the 99% of reality that I would never have experienced in everyday life.

*All posts under this moniker, Psychonaut In Orbit, is for entertainment and research purposes only. All events stated to have happened, or witnessed are all heresay and fictional*

12NEXT