We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
maca root LEPIDIUM PERUVIANUM CHACON (pineal & pituitary activ8r) Options

Ten27
#1 Posted : 6/27/2012 12:07:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

"The Pituitary and Pineal glands are known as the master glands in your head. Maca is scientifically proven to activate these master glands, toning the entire machine which is your body. Sol Raiz Organic SUPER MACA is a whole food that is hand selected for supreme quality. It is pulverized within minutes and packed in a vegetarian capsule. This process ensures the nutrients and enzymes are preserved at the highest level maximizing the potency and benefits. "

I havent touched d in quite awhile, however this root maca Ive been taking has given me very vivid dreams/enhanced ability to recall dreams.since taking it , usually i recall many series of dreams (lucid as well) and scenes which i associate with REM cycles.

anyways i definitely think this would effect dmt recollection.

use it daily, i noticed effects on the 2nd day. this brand is solid, and sold at new seasons.

Im an anxious person, at the least: good mood elevator
http://www.solraizorganics.com/

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 6/27/2012 12:13:26 PM

β˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Is there any studies that show it has this activity?

I'm drinking a fruit smoothie that has some maca in it atm. I take it pretty often before work and sometimes at night, but I've never noticed any affect on dreams

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Ten27
#3 Posted : 6/27/2012 12:40:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How much do you take? and your weight if you dont mind. i take roughly 5 grams, I weigh 160lbs. and the quality is considered high/potent

i believe various websites suggest 1500mg/day im taking roughly 4 times as much. im an avid dreamer & bought it for that soul purpose.

(maca powder tastes bomb in soy chocolate milk or yogurt)

most resesrch is based on the Dr. who isolated LEPIDIUM PERUVIANUM CHACON also named after her, Dr. Gloria Chacon

http://www.imjournal.com...web_pdfs/IMCJ_Hudson.pdf
"It has been suggested that maca’s therapeutic actions rely
on plant sterols stimulating the hypothalamus, pituitary, adrenal,
and ovarian glands and, therefore, also affecting the thyroid
and pineal glands and, thus, improving sleep, mood, fertility,
energy, and hot flashes. As such, this herb has been found
clinically useful in perimenopausal and menopausal women."

"Since the first report of Chacon on medicinal properties of Maca root,10 it has been generally accepted and confirmed that this plant doesn’t contain plant estrogens or any other phyto-hormones,15, 17, 18, 19 but through plant sterols, stimulate endocrine system helping to maintain hormonal balance10 in a way that is not yet well understood.6, 13 According to Muller, 5 these sterols are used by the body with the help of the pituitary to improve adrenal function, ovarian and testicular function, as well as the functioning of the thyroid and the pancreas, and the pineal gland. Multi-functional effect of Maca on endocrine relationships may also explain reported in the literature, its positive influence on stimulation of endocrine glands in regulation of hormonal balances in the body.3, 20"
http://www.ijbs.org/user...tartPage=15&Type=pdf

harmless herb, no negative effects in large doses reported. may raise iodine levels in high dose

James Frame
#4 Posted : 6/27/2012 8:43:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ten27 I think it is important to point out that both the article by Dr Tori Hudson and the IJBS medical journal publication you referred to discussed Maca-GO which is the ingredient in a product called Femmenessence. While this is a maca based product it is in much higher concentrations, gelatinized and uses a specific phenotype combination for women.

Many people don't realize that there are many different phenotypes of maca which in some cases have different analytical profiles and can even have different physiological effects. This is an article discussing the different types and related clinical research http://naturalhi.com/dow...20the%20right%20maca.pdf

In relation to dosing it is important to determine if it is raw or gelatinized as they have different bio availabilities and be aware that too much can actually make symptoms worse. Thus the question is not just how much should you take but what type and form.

Attached his is a comparison sheet between normal maca powder, gelatinized maca, maca extracts and Maca-GO (Femmenessence).