We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
a better cannabis extraction Options

galulyah
#1 Posted : 6/26/2012 12:31:30 AM
galulyah

Hey all,

I guess I've always intuited that there is a better way to extract the goods in cannabis
besides butane and alcohol. So I'm appealing to the database of you guys' collective
knowledge on extractionsSmile

More specifically, I really like how a lot of alks will sort of precip out of certain solutions(naoh is what i'm thinking of...but i understand this is to harsh for cannabis trichs?), this seems so effecient and elegant...anything like that for our cannabis friend?

Thanks all

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

MelCat
#2 Posted : 6/26/2012 12:56:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bestine/Naptha hash is pretty comparable to butane hash but without all of the extra tubes and bs that goes along with butane extractions..

Just chop everything up real fine and soak with bestine/naptha for 30-60 seconds, filter and evap... A couple of pulls wouldn't hurt but not really required from my very limited experience with this method.

More info at : https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=21495
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

galulyah
#3 Posted : 6/26/2012 1:55:53 AM
galulyah

Woot! Thanks melSmile

Electric Kool-Aid
#4 Posted : 6/26/2012 2:13:09 AM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

Please note: isopropanol is VERY flammable! Use only an electric stove and NOT a flam gas stove. No smoking or candles while working with isopropanol. And lastly, do NOT turn on stove to high! Or your house might blowup! Low heat only!

-Very rough oil extraction-
Put bud in a pan. Pour ISO in pan. Turn electric stove on low low.
You want the isopropanol to just slightly bubble, but not boil!
Low heat for 5-10 minutes (might vary). Then take off heat and stran through metal strainer and collect liquid in pan and let evaporate.
You will be left with a thick oil that is VERY potent and tastes devine!
This might be able to be done multiple times with the same bud, not sure though.

Note: I did this tek about 20 years ago, so I am rusty on the time to boil, amount of ISO to bud ratio.
What I do know is that doing this with bud is WAY better than doing it with leaf. If your bud is potent enough, you might get crystal on top of the final product!

Please anyone who wants to add to this please do. This is really rough and can be worked out in measurements before posted as a lagit tek.
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

jamie
#5 Posted : 6/26/2012 2:24:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^ I will add to it..I will add that noone should do that, EVER!!!!!!! NEVER do that! I repeat..NEVER!

I had a friend whos uncle made tons of iso oil..we were like just out of high school and he used to give us vials of it..the guy was from quebec and just lived here in this RV making oil..on his stove in the same way..so did his brother-until one day he blew his place up..I always remember my friends uncle smoking us up and then giving us some extra to take with us off to the beach or skatepark becasue he would never allow us there while he was making the stuff due to the dangers..

If you want to use that tek to make oil..get a hotplate and do it on a double boiler..a pan over an open flame/element is just really asking for it..sure you might get away with it but it is not wise..
Long live the unwoke.

dragonaut000
#6 Posted : 6/26/2012 6:29:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I hear that dry ice combined with a very fine screen yields a very pure product. Oil rules though.

Electric Kool-Aid
#7 Posted : 6/26/2012 6:59:45 AM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

Ok. Iso bad.
Make bubble hash or honey oil.

jamie wrote:
^ I will add to it..I will add that noone should do that, EVER!!!!!!! NEVER do that! I repeat..NEVER!

I had a friend whos uncle made tons of iso oil..we were like just out of high school and he used to give us vials of it..the guy was from quebec and just lived here in this RV making oil..on his stove in the same way..so did his brother-until one day he blew his place up..I always remember my friends uncle smoking us up and then giving us some extra to take with us off to the beach or skatepark becasue he would never allow us there while he was making the stuff due to the dangers..

If you want to use that tek to make oil..get a hotplate and do it on a double boiler..a pan over an open flame/element is just really asking for it..sure you might get away with it but it is not wise..

Hummm... I remember hearing about this through a friend who was from Quebec. Maybe the same person. I think my friend said the same thing as you! Like daja vu.. Humm. This was like 15 years or something close to that. In Vancouver. We might know the same people!

Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

The Day Tripper
#8 Posted : 6/26/2012 7:48:51 AM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
Heating bestine/iso/acetone/ any highly flammable NP solvent to aid evaporation is just a bad idea imho. Granted if you use a hot water bath, outside, away from heat elements (electric/gas/ceramic/whatever), it can be done safely.

But a heptane/butane/hexane quick wash, evaped safely, then redissolved in minimal etoh, or dry cleanly evaping acetone/iso is the best way imho. After the alcohol evaps, warm the dish up in the oven (AFTER THE ALCOHOL HAS EVAPED!!!!!) @ 150 for a few minutes to warm the glass then scrape up and work it around a bit (scraping, spreading, repeat) to evap the last traces of alcohol and minute traces of your NP assuming theres any there.

Alternatively vac purge the heptane/hexane/butane oil, or redissolve it in iso/etoh/acetone after evaping your initial resin, evap and then vac purge it. Its easy if you have a vac flask, some long tweezers/surgey clamps and a glass vial. Just cap the top of the flask with a piece of heavy duty glass and a rubber seal and purge to 20in hg. You'll see the bubbles, and it makes a very fine product imho. Just use a proper vac flask, a cap that won't fail due to the vac pressure at the top of the flask (heavy glass, or better yet thickish metal.

Best hash oil i've ever made.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

galulyah
#9 Posted : 6/26/2012 12:16:25 PM
galulyah

Nice post Day trip, thanks.