We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV2930313233NEXT»
Trying to improve Acacia information Options

nen888
#601 Posted : 6/20/2012 4:41:31 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

^..just remember it can take more than one attempt to successfully achieve 'lift-off'..

may the force and the plants be with you..

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Gowpen
#602 Posted : 6/20/2012 4:56:40 AM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

Why do the crystals clump in one or 2 spots ?? is there some sort of communication going on or magnatism ? Interesting ... just a thought..
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

nen888
#603 Posted : 6/22/2012 9:16:40 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..on the significance of finding Harmine in Acacia..the only reported finding of Harmine in the family Leguminosae (prior to the samples tested recently by endlessness) was Oxytropis puberula (Aerial parts) [Shulgin & Shulgin 1997, page 714.]..i wonder what could turn up next..?

Growpen wrote:
Quote:
Why do the crystals clump in one or 2 spots ?? is there some sort of communication going on or magnatism ? Interesting ... just a thought..
..the exact mechanisms of why crystals form the shapes they do are on the not fully understood surrealistic borderline between physics and chemistry..crystalization has an inherent mystery about it..

acacian
#604 Posted : 6/23/2012 4:58:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey nen, do you know of alkaloid variance between the acacia mucronata subs longifolia and regular mucronata? and have you found these trees to be consistent for tryptamines aside from the younger specimens? bout to go for a drive to have a look anyways, so will test soon

nen888
#605 Posted : 6/24/2012 8:46:47 AM
member for the trees

^..i have only looked at variety longifolia..varieties dependens, and mucronata are CSIRO alkaloid +ve, alkaloids not identified..J.J. got a negative from a Tasmanian form..

acacian
#606 Posted : 6/24/2012 10:54:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah cool. looks like some experimentation is defnitely in order then..
bout to upload a few pics i took at warrendyte yesterday plus another suspected floribunda in my neighbour by the way would appreciate people's diagnosis on Smile

nen888
#607 Posted : 6/27/2012 1:58:15 AM
member for the trees

..how's the experiment going bricklaya?
just wanted to mention that Oxytropsis puberula, the leguminous herb/climber which contains Harmine, is native to Afganistan, Iran & China, but is also naturalized in Australia in ACT near Canberra..

acacian
#608 Posted : 6/27/2012 6:24:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i havent tested the mucronata yet.. that tree i posted in the identification thread was only young so i thought i'd leave it till i can find a better candidate. testing some floribunda at the moment can't wait for the results. also was talking to a member over at corroboree about acacia floribunda and he confirmed that it has been quite variable in his experience as well

nen888
#609 Posted : 6/28/2012 12:52:40 AM
member for the trees

^..and also flowering can lead to varied or reduced content..

hey acacia-loving-nexians Smile, today is the 1 year anniversary of this thread..!
..i really thought at the start it would last maybe a few weeks..my first post looks a little clunky by today's standards, but it had the intent, and most of what i talked about in that post has been further researched in the nexus since then (thanks endlessness, and all contributors to the thread)..

..so now i'm going to slowly improve the p1 INDEX as the redundant ID posts get moved,
and of course continue researching my interests in the field, in particular oral activity and activity of unknown compounds..

so, for the anniversary pics, here's Acacia pycnantha (Golden Wattle), Australia's national floral emblem, native to Victoria, South Australia and W.A., grown extensively elsewhere internationally..reported 0.5% DMT bark [unpublished phytochemical survey 1991], 0.3% DMT in bark [recent shaman-australis thread], also small amounts DMT reported in leaf by S. Voogelbreinder 2009, and 0.02% tryptamines in leaf by Robert Hegnauer [2001]..
nen888 attached the following image(s):
acacia-pycnantha-1.JPG (229kb) downloaded 440 time(s).
golden wattle (a. pycnantha) stamp.JPG (62kb) downloaded 437 time(s).
A. pycnantha-2.JPG (103kb) downloaded 439 time(s).

acacian
#610 Posted : 6/28/2012 1:00:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thats awesome about pycnantha ... didn't realise the findings were such high percentages of dmt. exciting. sounds like a highly variable tree though i've read a lot of failed reports
i'm off to armidale up in new england nsw today which is my home town. will be investigating some of the natives in the area

acacian
#611 Posted : 7/4/2012 1:20:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

went for a bushwalk out at dangars falls yesterday and there is a species called acacia diphylla (or gorge wattle) which grows prevalently in the area.. its a subspecies of acacia blakei which has had positive results i think..
thinking i might give it a go

Spice Sailor
#612 Posted : 7/4/2012 8:43:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone, hope your all well and enjoying winter (if you’re in the southern hemisphere). Nice work on making the Acacia id thread endless had to happen.

Bricklaya how are you? I see you enjoyed Armidale, (from your Acacia ID posts) nice and cold I’m sure. Dangar Falls are amazing hey, I have spent some time around Dorrigo and Bellingen and visited many times Big grin Did you happen to spot any obtusifolia while you were up in the mountains? I have seen some lovely 20 - 30+ year olds up there, it was a long before I met Dimitri though.
The positive floribunda I posted about a month or so back matches your brief description perfectly, it was from about 200 kms north of Armidale. I too had my doubts about it being floribunda because it looked so different to any photos I had seen. But that’s Acacias.

Nen, seen any more people in blue waving from helicopters?

Gowpen, have you done anything with that beautiful crystal you grew?

Take care nexus people.

nen888
#613 Posted : 7/5/2012 3:13:20 AM
member for the trees

..^ hi Spice Sailor..no, no more flybys from the blue helmeted mob..all's ok..i think both parties understand each other..

you mentioned the NSW northern tablelands..a lot of interesting, and some highly endemic (meaning only 1 or 2 locations) species there..still pondering Brickie's latest photosuite..also, that amazing lead Seldom (how you goin? btw ) had from the goverment a couple pages back is from that region..

stay well acacia-researchers and appreciators..

acacian
#614 Posted : 7/5/2012 5:45:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

armidales going great SpiceSailor! been making an effort to go bushwalking everyday so far and i can't even begin to say how much better i feel after being stuck in the concrete jungle for so long. I am going for a drive with my friend to look for some obtusifolia tomorrow so fingers crossed Smile How would you guys suggest going about pruning branches in the least harmful way?
I had the best spice journey i've ever had yesterday out at Mt Duval.. havent felt love like that in so long i was being tenderly embraced by the most gorgeous presence. The universe definitely recognised I was in need of some love and man it really lended me a hand there.. thankyou acacia for gifting me with such a beautiful experience!

acacian
#615 Posted : 7/5/2012 5:52:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spice Sailor wrote:

The positive floribunda I posted about a month or so back matches your brief description perfectly, it was from about 200 kms north of Armidale. I too had my doubts about it being floribunda because it looked so different to any photos I had seen. But that’s Acacias.

what did you find the yield to be like with the floribunda you had success with? did you notice slightly wider phyllodes?

Gowpen
#616 Posted : 7/5/2012 8:55:02 AM

Spice Sailor wrote:
Hey everyone, hope your all well and enjoying winter (if you’re in the southern hemisphere). Nice work on making the Acacia id thread endless had to happen.

Growpen, have you done anything with that beautiful crystal you grew?

Take care nexus people.

hahaha Long story, 200gms bark = 1.8gm spice (precipped) I re-x 1.5gms and got 1gm..... I vaped 20mg, 30mg, 40mg (some CEV colours) 60 mg..... but no REAL trip so...
My technique must be/was wrong...... I spent hours reading the GVG thread

Sent for a GVG (USA) and it arrived today (at the post office, I have to collect) 1 hour time...
I have 75mgs left of the white and nearly a Gram of the re-x (yellowish)

I am so ready.... hahahah but patience is a virtue they say...I'v waited this long..... I have also just purchased stainless steel speaker cable and am ready to make some kind of mesh for my GVG, although I did buy 2 extra packets of screens. AND their tourch lighter and the hard case. So/....... tonights the night.....
That, and 70 hours a week work-- 2 kids and a mad wife...... hahaha life's Goood.. LOVE Australia
Love and regards (dont forget me !) Gowpen

r2pi
#617 Posted : 7/5/2012 9:31:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

nen888 wrote:

hey acacia-loving-nexians Smile, today is the 1 year anniversary of this thread..!

And could I just say how amazing this thread is, and this forum as a whole Thumbs up . I departed from this scene hmmm... around about 2004-ish. It it's incredible much things have come along since.

I still have a habit of walking around and ignoring all those pesky ball-flowered Acacias ... not anymore! This is but one of many things this forum has taught me. Well done!

Finding DMT in the national emblem also has to be a nail in the coffin of that idiotic proposal to ban DMT-bearing Acacias...

Seldom
#618 Posted : 7/5/2012 9:34:41 AM

Wiradjuri

gday fellas, am just house sitting at the moment, not gonna do a/b here, also have invitation to start in an honours program next semester, but meaning i now have to do a proposal so have been busy busy .. interesting you say diphylla bricklaya i just threw out 2 or 3 phyllodes that i bought back from a walk a while ago. also if bitterness is an indicator of the presence of alkaloids acacia implexa is worth checking. it's another one used traditionally on burns which i think is a good sign, and is also used to stun fish. bricklaya i will give you a call soon man. Peace to all carriers of the light Very happy

Gowpen
#619 Posted : 7/5/2012 10:13:42 AM

r2pi wrote:
nen888 wrote:

And could I just say how amazing this thread is, and this forum as a whole Thumbs up . I departed from this scene hmmm... around about 2004-ish. It it's incredible much things have come along since.

I still have a habit of walking around and ignoring all those pesky ball-flowered Acacias ... not anymore! This is but one of many things this forum has taught me. Well done!

Finding DMT in the national emblem also has to be a nail in the coffin of that idiotic proposal to ban DMT-bearing Acacias...

Oh Yeah !!!!!! Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up

acacian
#620 Posted : 7/5/2012 11:33:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

not so sure if bitterness is always an indicator of alkaloids.. i've had a number of alkaloid free extracts that tasted very bitter still... look forward to hearing from you seldom!

«PREV2930313233NEXT»