We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can SWIM Use Dif Solvents To Extract Different Ranges of Spice? Options

Cannabinoids
#1 Posted : 6/20/2012 3:09:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So please correct me If I'm wrong, but I hear naphtha doesn't pull jungle spice and that certainer solvents pull out different ranges of white, red, yellow, brown, to full spectrum spice...

So my main question is.

After 3-5 pulls using Naphtha. Can I switch to a different solvent like xylene (prob spelled wrong) to pull out the jim jam and jungle spice (I'm noob so these might be the same)or other spectrum of the spices?

Thanks

Canna

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

3rdI
#2 Posted : 6/20/2012 3:28:32 PM

veni, vidi, spici

dont worry, thats is the correct way to spell xylene, hope that helpsSmile
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

endlessness
#3 Posted : 6/20/2012 8:23:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah you can pull with xylene after naphtha. It will still be mostly DMT, except it will have some plant oils and impurities that make it look more gooey and therefore makes people think its a drastically different alkaloid content. But its not, at least what ive been analyzing, only around 0.5% of the alkaloids are different.

The difference is that Xylene, (like limonene + FASW, or another acqueous salting like vinegar), appart from DMT, small amounts of NMT and around 0.5% 2-Methyl-Tetrahydrobetacarboline, also pulls around 0.2% of tetrahydroharman (or 1-Methyl-Tetrahydro-betacarboline), and another 0.2% of what is either 1,2-Dimethyl-tetrahydrobetacarboline, or its a yuremamine breakdown product (as suggested by dozuki here in the nexus). Very little to nothing at all is known about these beta-carbolines, their potential psychoactive or potentiating effects. They could or they could not affect the experience, we still don't know. Maybe they could even affect but only if it was in higher doses, like sometimes found in some acacias.

Values given before are approx, based on a couple of tests I made. More info on the jungle thread in my signature.

But it's worth trying it out to do the xylene pulls if you want. Xylene is nasty as hell though, smells horrible, will for sure call attention of neighbours and will make your house smell very bad, work with good ventilation, and maybe have a paint bucket outside to pretend you're painting. Also be sure its a xylene that evaps completely.

I would recommend salting with FASW or vinegar and later converting to freebase to smoke by following BLAB instructions on salting (it works the same as limo in this case). Or you can use FASA, you'll get nice clean crystals but it will be the same alkaloids as with naphtha, you wont get the small amount of the other 2 beta carbolines (maybe it doesnt matter, but you should know)

If you could test it blind (without knowing which is which, the naphtha or the xylene stuff) and sharing the results with us, would be great, because that way you are not self-suggesting a difference as often it can happen with people.

Or just extract, vaporize it knowing which is which, and enjoy ... Whatever you feel like Smile

Cannabinoids
#4 Posted : 6/21/2012 5:28:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
...of NMT and around 0.5% 2-Methyl-Tetrahydrobetacarboline, also pulls around 0.2% of tetrahydroharman (or 1-Methyl-Tetrahydro-betacarboline), and another 0.2% of what is either 1,2-Dimethyl-tetrahydrobetacarboline, or its a yuremamine breakdown product (as suggested by dozuki here in the nexus).

Surprised
What???

My brain literally scrambled! And very medicated on tetrahydrocannabinol lol I have 0 chemistry class's under my belt. I learn fast but dang it. It took me sounding it out like a 3rd grader, one syllable at a time. Sick ....I would start sounding out a word but and half way through it would sound like the bird from charlie brown lol Took 3 tries.

But seriously. thanks for the heads up.

So basiclly for the slow people or those trying to understand on a high school level and not a professor level Thumbs up Is I can use xylene to extract the rest of the dmt but also there will be traces of NMT, long word, long word, which may be active or may not.

Also to fully evap the xylene before trying to take a dose.?

very good info. I'm sure i'll figure those terms out as one does studying anything new.

So serious question.

Cannabis has Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC and I See Tetrahydro(betacarboline) and tetrahydro(harman) what is Tetrahydro and why are these thing simular in words asides from the last words , cannabinol, betacarboline, and harman?

Thanks

Love learning this stuff. Wish I wasn't such an idiot in High School and enjoyed learning as much then as I do now.

Ahh well.

canna

cave paintings
#5 Posted : 6/21/2012 8:22:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cannabinoids wrote:
endlessness wrote:
...of NMT and around 0.5% 2-Methyl-Tetrahydrobetacarboline, also pulls around 0.2% of tetrahydroharman (or 1-Methyl-Tetrahydro-betacarboline), and another 0.2% of what is either 1,2-Dimethyl-tetrahydrobetacarboline, or its a yuremamine breakdown product (as suggested by dozuki here in the nexus).

Surprised
What???

My brain literally scrambled! And very medicated on tetrahydrocannabinol lol I have 0 chemistry class's under my belt. I learn fast but dang it. It took me sounding it out like a 3rd grader, one syllable at a time. Sick ....I would start sounding out a word but and half way through it would sound like the bird from charlie brown lol Took 3 tries.

But seriously. thanks for the heads up.

So basiclly for the slow people or those trying to understand on a high school level and not a professor level Thumbs up Is I can use xylene to extract the rest of the dmt but also there will be traces of NMT, long word, long word, which may be active or may not.

Also to fully evap the xylene before trying to take a dose.?

very good info. I'm sure i'll figure those terms out as one does studying anything new.

So serious question.

Cannabis has Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC and I See Tetrahydro(betacarboline) and tetrahydro(harman) what is Tetrahydro and why are these thing simular in words asides from the last words , cannabinol, betacarboline, and harman?

Thanks

Love learning this stuff. Wish I wasn't such an idiot in High School and enjoyed learning as much then as I do now.

Ahh well.

canna

Don't worry too much about the big words. All endlessness is saying is that xylene 'pulls' other alkaloids and plant oils which may or may not modify the experience and either way the differences between what naphtha and xylene pull is very small atleast percentage-wise.

I'm not sure on how to be 100% sure one has evaporated all the xylene, someone else may have to help you there. I'm sure one could do a wash on it. When in doubt, check the FAQ also, lots of good info there.

As for your other question... tetra means four. hydro - is short for hydrogen.
Chem lingo. But yeah many alkaloids are similar in structure. Start looking up some of those molecules on google images and you can notice similarities in shape without being a chem major.
Living to Give

endlessness
#6 Posted : 6/21/2012 11:37:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Smile

Were my words really that complicated? I mean, I named some molecules that are there in so-called "Jungle Spice, and their names are big/complicated but if you just substitute the big names for X and Y, does it make sense, what I said? If not, please tell me what doesnt make sense. Im neither a chemist, nor have any formal chemistry training. All I learned about chemistry has been extracting and researching these molecules, being in the Nexus and reading the threads/wiki Smile So I want to make as best of a bridge as possible from this more advanced knowledge, to the normal nexian that has no chem background, since I know what its like not understanding anything of it.

Dont worry about not understanding anything at first, slowly, by being exposed to all these names and concepts, and reading around, searching for answers, asking questions, it all slowly starts making sense

I specifically said the name of the substances because you or others might want to research them, or if you are ever researching something else and come across those names, you can remember and connect the information (like lets say you come across some info that talks about their toxicity, or psychoactivity).

Im attaching a picture to show the difference in the molecules. Appart from the ones found in jungle spice (2MTHBC, 1MTHBC, 1,2-DMTHBC), I also added the molecule of THC, to compare. I drew some arrows to show the ring that gives the name Tetrahydro, to all these molecules

I also added the Harman molecule (not found in jungle spice, but found in some acacias), which is nearly the same as 1MTHBC (AKA tetrahydroharman), except it's not tetrahydro due to having two extra double carbon bonds in place of the two hydrogens that are in their place in 1MTHBC.

You dont have to memorize this at all, im just writting this so you can start becoming familiar with these things.

also as a curiosity, in case you didnt notice, 1MTHBC and 2MTHBC are nearly the same except the Methyl group (represented by this little line on the right ring) is on a different position. The 1,2MTHBC is like a mix of both since it has both methyl groups (thats why its called 1,2-DiMethyl-tetrahydrobcarboline, since it has the methyl group in the 1 and 2 position)
endlessness attached the following image(s):
tetrahydro.jpg (44kb) downloaded 710 time(s).