We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
5-MeO-DMT Freebase into Citrate? Options

sbarret77
#1 Posted : 6/19/2012 3:29:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello all

I wonder if someone wants to convert 10mg of 5-MeO-DMT freebase into Citrate by dripping lime juice on it - if that would work;

a couple of drips would and leave it to dry would successfully convert the freebase? Should water be added?

If there are no pH meters available, would the final product be close to neutral pH?

Thanks!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

rOm
#2 Posted : 6/19/2012 9:46:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you'd be succesful by dripping lime juice. to know if you did right it should dissolve fully into it. FB isn't soluble in water/juice but citrate or salt is.
What you plan on ingesting citrate ? pharma ?
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

sbarret77
#3 Posted : 6/19/2012 3:43:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi rOM!

No, I'm planning on snorting it, that's why I'm looking for a neutral pH salt.
What do you think?

Thanks for the reply!

endlessness
#4 Posted : 6/19/2012 4:27:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im not sure if dmt citrate can be a solid or if its too hygroscopic, I would guess so, and hence it forms a goo.

Maybe fumarate instead is a better choice?

sbarret77
#5 Posted : 6/19/2012 5:08:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I know that n,n-DMT forms a goo, but couldn't confirm if this happens to 5-meo too.
Fumaric Acid is controlled, and very hard to find in my city (Sao Paulo). Tartaric acid as well - you can't find it anywhere. Powdered citric acid can be found very easily, though, but then I thought that just using lime juice would be similar. Would there be any advantage of using the powdered citric acid?

Thanks!

endlessness
#6 Posted : 6/19/2012 7:16:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fumaric acid is controlled? According to who? Is it on the Anvisa list? A friend of mine has gotten some fumaric acid in Rio, im gonna ask him about it and will let you know.

Powdered citric acid would definitely be preferable to lime juice since that has way more impurities than pure citric acid. But still its hard to say if it will stay a solid. Maybe try with just a small amount if you want (add to distilled water molar amounts of citric acid equivalent to your 5-MeO-DMT amount, then add the 5-MeO-DMT, and evap water), or wait till we can find some fumarate which more likely will be a stable solid

sbarret77
#7 Posted : 6/19/2012 8:00:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I researched places to buy fumaric acid a while ago, and unfortunately the rules are:

- only for companies (needs a register - "CNPJ"Pleased
- is subject to analysis of the register numbeer to check if related to the field/applies for the purchase.
- if approved, one must pay a "special transportation" shipping (meant for hazardous chemicals) that is very expensive.

(The funniest thing is that it's used to make candy)

So, quite similar to buying quality solvents here. 15 years ago we used to buy any solvent at the counter from chemical suppliers...

If you have any contact that can be shared, please PM me.

Additional question: do you believe there's any advantage of using other polar solvent (like ethanol) instead of water to make it easier to dry?

Thanks!

endlessness
#8 Posted : 6/19/2012 8:55:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes you could use another solvent like ethanol.

Thats too bad about the control. Maybe you can find fumaric acid as a supplement for people with psoriasis, in farmacia de manipulaçao or such kinds. Last I was there a couple of years ago, there was still a couple of stores downtown Rio where you could buy nafta/hexano/etc without needing any authorization. You can order limonene easily over the internet though. Anyways Ill ask my friend about the fumaric acid thing and would let you know

rOm
#9 Posted : 6/20/2012 10:07:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If it turns up hygroscopic, you can try to dissolve the dose and do a liquid snuff.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

sbarret77
#10 Posted : 6/20/2012 1:50:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

rOm - thanks, I thought of the nose drops too; I have a question related to nebulizing a nasal spray - would the excess liquid go to the stomach (I usually feel these nasal sprays in my throat, that's why I assume the liquid goes through the nostrils to the stomach)? I'm not familiar if there was any experience around on nasal sprays and 5-meo-dmt.

EDIT: Found a couple of forum threads on this, but nothing specific to 5-Meo.

endlessness - Yeah, I did the "I need this for my psoriasis" in a bunch of pharmacies around a while ago, but none had it in their ingredient list. The available route is to import fumaric caps supplement, but it's very expensive and I'm not sure about purity.