We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV2829303132NEXT»
Trying to improve Acacia information Options

Heff
#581 Posted : 6/15/2012 4:29:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello amazing acacia ppl,

Am currently exploring new acacia sp in the central aus and am curious about the sections that acacia's are placed in.

section Juliflorae seems to come up a lot when I look up all those confirmed acacia sp that all you lucky people living near the ocean have access to.

So my question to this great thread, is this a section that i should pay more attention to when looking to test new species, or is this just pure coincidence considering the almost 1000 acacias we have here.

Thanks and keep up the great work, I hope to be contributing to this plethora of info very soon.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Gowpen
#582 Posted : 6/15/2012 4:42:21 AM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

bricklaya wrote:
remember on endlessness's acacia analysis thread too Gowpen, nen's acuminata phyllode extract looked very gummy... i think this is often the case when extracting with phyllodes...it has been for me. if you have 2 grams of the gum i highly doubt its just plant oils and fats.. especially from a reliable species like acuminata

what colour is it?

baby poo brown, just like toffee.....
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

nen888
#583 Posted : 6/15/2012 4:49:32 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

endlessness wrote:
Nen.. Do you think it would be a good idea if I make a new thread, "Acacia Identification Help Thread", and move all the posts asking for identification there, so this thread is only about information already gathered on Acacias?

This would clean up the thread quite a lot but the two biggest problems I see is, first of all, the index would be screwed (since number of posts would change I think). Also the other thing is if, when answering people for the identification, you also added other valuable acacia info, then this would be moved away from the thread and would have to be posted back in a new post.

Maybe its too late to do this now and it would mean more work than help?
..i think that's a good idea..i will go through the thread and pick suitable posts (while trying to keep the flow and sense) to move, then give the list to you endlessness..do you think it would be good to then move these 2 threads to a new 'Plant Sources' Subforum (incl. Phalaris etc)..?

..speaking of the above, really enjoying your latest pics cave paintings..i'll get back to you as usuall..

re: Growpen/bricklaya's conversation (folk-chemistry)..one should do 'washings' and re-x to achieve a pure product..crude extracts will contain other things..a gummy extract really should be re-extracted from acid form and back to NP (as bricklaya suggests) ..only 5% other substances (like semi-polar fatty-acids) can affect the taste and melting point..

nen888
#584 Posted : 6/15/2012 5:04:51 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..thanks for the link bomshiva..Smile..ancient clues everywhere..

Heff wrote:
Quote:
section Juliflorae seems to come up a lot when I look up all those confirmed acacia sp that all you lucky people living near the ocean have access to.

So my question to this great thread, is this a section that i should pay more attention to when looking to test new species, or is this just pure coincidence considering the almost 1000 acacias we have here.]
..it is simply because section Juliflorae was by chance found very early to have two tryptamine species (maidenii & phlebophylla)..while it turns out many (perhaps 50%) of Juliflorae contain tryptaimes, this is probably also the case for section Plurinerves which has been looked at in the past decade be JJ..this section is related to A. confusa and includes excelsa, johannis and cyclops (all tryptamine+ve)..also, a number of section Botrycephalae which have bi-pinnate leaves [Botanical Terms here]have tryptamines..section Phyllodineae is less tested (by chance) and, while perhaps being more phenethylamine orientated, there isn't enough data to know..this was briefly mentioned also on p29..

..so with only a handful (maybe 30) of the 1200 Acacia species tested (or at least published), i think we can expect many in all sections to turn up..as mentioned way back in the thread the CSIRO found around 2000 that about 45% of randomly selected australian acacias were alkaloid positive..so up to 450 species of Australian acacia may contain psychoactive alkaloids..

Heff
#585 Posted : 6/15/2012 5:16:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Nen,

cheers for the info yet again. Glad to hear about Plurinerves as A.estrophiolata is currently on the stove simmering. will update with what ever results I get.

The main reason for my question is that the MOST common acacia out here is A.aneura, it's everywhere for 1000km! and this lovely species is in section juliflorae, so I will be heading out and gathering some phyllodes for the next round of research.

Has anyone heard of A.aneura being tested before?

Thanks as always

nen888
#586 Posted : 6/15/2012 6:17:30 AM
member for the trees

^..A. aneura (Mulga) is a 'species complex' [see A. concurrens complex p.18]..there are around 12-20 forms and allied species..
it is still a very important food source (seeds), and culturally significant tree for many desert indigenous peoples, thus should be treated with responsible sensitivity..there are no published chemical tests..look forward to hearing about A.estrophiolata..
ps. Growpen, there are two kinds of 'gummy' extract..some are perfectly fine for use, and seem smoother than crystaline material..others create odd harshness and don't respond well to pyrolisis..if, after testing a small amount of it your lungs (and body) feel fine, then just put more than 30-40mg in device to arrive at effects..the olive colour phyllode goo bricklaya refers to was actually over 90% pure alkaloids, with a pleasant taste..the A. falcata gum bioassayed elsewhere was too harsh to continue with (un-wanted gums)

Heff
#587 Posted : 6/15/2012 6:30:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cheers nen,

i understand the importance of these trees to the people out here. Mulga ash is used for pituri out here i believe.

Also there are so many of these trees out here that no single plant needs to suffer as i can share the load amongst many with almost no damage. I feel this is the best method.

I will let you know the results of a.estrophiolata. I'm following the lextek but with a nen twist. 1kg of bark ground up and let soak in methanol/water/vinegar overnight before continuing today

nen888
#588 Posted : 6/16/2012 3:36:52 AM
member for the trees

now here's a big one for the neverending acacia-epic..Smile

..first up, bomshiva, without time for my own spiel, and i've got one, the Acacia most likely referred to in Egyptian mythology is
Acacia tortillis (associated with Thoth)
..will get into that another post..A. tortillis is claimed DMT without reference [in Tikhal], and confirmed alkaloid positive (see
africa list)..as for the unusualness of A. confusa orally, i haven't experienced it myself, but some acacias can be surprising..i recall polytrip in the nmt thread said, with MAOIs orally it was more like a smoked experience but longer compared with M. hostilis (i presume) which followed a more standard pharmahuasca pattern..

2nd, endlessness..still thinking about how to move ID posts without ruining the Index..i'm going to concentrate on maintaining the thread, and help you move posts for a bit..also the wiki, ps. maybe we should have a seperate Acacia Extraction thread (if we want to further condense the thread)..?
...................................................................................................................................................

..so as this is the wiki-leaks of acacia threads,
before i move on to my key points..
hi to my waving friend in the blue helicopter the other week..Smile
..one post too many..? i hope by reading the thread carefully you will know , as i suspect you may, that my mission is one of plant protection, and public health/awareness..

..but, and this is the truth, a year ago i felt called by the trees to do something in their interests for a year..in the form of web-info..now, i am going a little less frequent online so i can work on an oral or published outlet for this information..i'm not going away or anything..just wanta kick back more and watch what evolves..of course the nexus can be addictive, so i'll have to watch it..Smile i'll just be like not as hardcore/every 2nd day etc..i've made a stand for the plants, and have no other vested or commercial interests..as the authorities should know..i am a scientific and anthropological researcher..

also, more importantly, the direct understanding of consciousness (human, plant or other) from both a spiritual and medical p.o.v. are impending matters for the second half of 2012..

..by absorbing the 'information' contained within these plants, i suggest we can evolve into a more sustainable and compassionate (& healthy) society..

thank you from recently bricklaya, seldom and everyone else previously for the positive feedback and kind words..will keep maintaing the thread, i guess it'll never end...

..now keep it coming in researchers of the acacia-light..

Acacia tortillis..
nen888 attached the following image(s):
A. tortillis.jpg (93kb) downloaded 410 time(s).

nen888
#589 Posted : 6/16/2012 3:46:01 AM
member for the trees

^..couldn't resist mentioning that a friend who's versed in Egyptology has shown me various hieroglyphs in photos from his visits to the Temple of Thoth near Luxor..the key is down to the correct translation of the name of the Tree..while W. Emboden [1979] thought it was Qat (Khat) my friend says it is A. tortillis which is also painted on the walls and grows around or near it..(a tree not a bush like qat)

the key inscription says that the Star Beings came into the Tree, the apes (or baboons) ate the leaves of the tree, which gave them language (knowledge)

@

see also previous photo of tortillis..

take care all..

below, Acacia tortillis (Umbrella Acacia) in Egypt, then baby scarab beetles found in it's wood (Ptychomus politus), and in the sunset of Serengeti, Tanzania..
nen888 attached the following image(s):
Acacia_tortilis1_.jpg (188kb) downloaded 403 time(s).
Ptychomus_politus from A_tortillis wood.jpg (36kb) downloaded 403 time(s).
Umbrella-Acacia-Acacia-tortilis-Serengeti.jpg (265kb) downloaded 401 time(s).

windmill
#590 Posted : 6/16/2012 9:14:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

nen888 wrote:

i'm kind of curious, from monitoring traffic, as to whether nexian windmill by any chance was my waving friend in the blue helicopter which circled my house for half an hour the other week (also scaring my horses and causing them to stampede in panic) ..?
..one post too many..? i hope by reading the thread carefully you will know , as i suspect you may, that my mission is one of plant protection, and public health/awareness..

Hi nen.. dont worry about me, i'm just a hardcore lurker whose a little obsessed with Acacia info and, lately, lots of spare time!

And since you've drawn me out, one thing comes to mind.. I have some Acacia jibberdingensis seedlings growing (amongst others), which a certain webstore is selling based on it's "close relation" with acuminata.. Would you happen to know if this relation has substance, so to speak? Anyway.. i hope to contribute more in the future!

endlessness
#591 Posted : 6/16/2012 6:19:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...is_plant_contain_DMT_.3F

Quote:
3- Take detailed pictures of the different plant parts (overall plant, leaf close up front and back, seedpods and flower close ups if they are there). Often to differentiate between species the details are important, so blurry bad quality pictures or single pictures with no close ups or details of different plant parts are not enough.

nen888
#592 Posted : 6/17/2012 5:21:08 AM
member for the trees

windmill wrote:
nen888 wrote:

i'm kind of curious, from monitoring traffic, as to whether nexian windmill by any chance was my waving friend in the blue helicopter which circled my house for half an hour the other week (also scaring my horses and causing them to stampede in panic) ..?

Hi nen.. dont worry about me, i'm just a hardcore lurker whose a little obsessed with Acacia info and, lately, lots of spare time!

And since you've drawn me out, one thing comes to mind.. I have some Acacia jibberdingensis seedlings growing (amongst others), which a certain webstore is selling based on it's "close relation" with acuminata.. Would you happen to know if this relation has substance, so to speak? Anyway.. i hope to contribute more in the future!

..no worries windmill..good to lure out a lurker..your name certainly made me think about synchronicity after my aerial visitation...anyhow, i won't be intimidated by them
..good to hear from you..A.acuminata, being a species complex, has a number of close relatives with similar content, so very likely..

just wanted everyone (incl. windmill) to be aware how much attention this thread has generated..my personal 'warning from above' was over information..there was absolutely no 'physically illegal' thing for them to be looking for..they must know this..
i'll be expecting the seals next i guess..

..like the saying goes.."A little knowledge is dangerous.."

endlessness
#593 Posted : 6/17/2012 11:52:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nen, I'd like to add that Acacia melanoxylon is also grown in europe, in particular I found it in the description of a park's flora in Northern Spain (Catalunya) , together with Acacia dealbata, and Acacia retinodes (if you want to add to your european acacia post)

By the way I just started the Acacia ID thread, and will slowly move/merge posts there. Also there is now a FAQ entry regarding such ID requests.

nen888
#594 Posted : 6/18/2012 9:23:39 AM
member for the trees

..thanks endlessness..A. retinoides would be a very interesting one to investigate..will update euro-acacia post..i just want to say to all researchers..no need to freak..personally, i don't have to modify my behaviour, and the research work will continue..the main point of all the past few security alerts is to remind researchers to keep safe by staying away from large amounts..the police and me agree on one thing - don't deal..
what may have upset someone up on high is the finding of Harmine in acacias recently (a real breakthrough btw) ..in australia harmine has been ridiculously also placed in schedule I (class A) along with hallucinogens..so some mindless autocrat may have gotten worried..

so, strength in numbers, don't go quiet now acacia-heads..i'm still going..everyone knows who i am and what i do.. i think we just live in interesting times..

Gowpen
#595 Posted : 6/18/2012 12:05:37 PM

Great resourse for you Longifolia hunters in SA
http://www.environment.sa.gov.a...learacacialongifolia.pdf

nen888
#596 Posted : 6/19/2012 7:14:00 AM
member for the trees

..thanks Growpen..it's the 'sallow wattle' form in that document that is of more likely interest to tryptamine explorers..

also, here's an interesting recent quote from another site:
Quote:
Acacia Pycantha, Australia's flora emblem is also on that list! Funnily enough, I recently met a couple from Malawi, who said they extracted 0.3% DMT from Pycantha they found growing in Malawi! :-)
..http://www.shaman-australis.com...howtopic=32402&st=25

Gowpen
#597 Posted : 6/20/2012 3:24:53 AM

OK, I got goo again from the Phyllodes of Acuminata.
But with the small amount of bark (70gms) I got this.....
Does this look like DMT ?
I now will try and dislodge it from the sticky goo surrounding it.
Gowpen attached the following image(s):
mm.gif (792kb) downloaded 452 time(s).

nen888
#598 Posted : 6/20/2012 3:32:02 AM
member for the trees

..lovely formations..if it smells like dmt, melts at between 40-60 degrees C, turns blue/purple with ehrlich's reagent..then yes i'd say it is Growpen (could also have a little nmt)
now..are you ready to attempt to go all the way yet..Smile..? ..and don't worry about the sticky goo either..

nen888
#599 Posted : 6/20/2012 4:38:50 AM
member for the trees

..ps don't waste perfectly good phyllode extracts just because they don't look a certain way, or are goo-ey..
i believe it was due to an extract being goo that the original 'changa' was prepared (with only caapi leaf),
however there are arguments about who actually came up with it..

really good to see Growpen and other people sticking up for ethical/sustainable harvesting elsewhere btw..Smile

Gowpen
#600 Posted : 6/20/2012 4:38:54 AM

Im so ready brother..... the 30mg I collected test + (5mg) and the CEV's put on quite a show.. 2 x 10mg..

It was smooth to inhale, unlike the goo which has now become quite solid...

«PREV2829303132NEXT»