We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
limonene cannabis extraction Options

Ambivalent
#21 Posted : 6/15/2012 1:27:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MelCat wrote:
Ambivalent wrote:
frozen alcohol in my experience gives best results...it is very similar to cold water extractions. when alcohol is frozen its solubility is reduced and it works as alot more selective solvent. only a quick two or three washes with cold alcohol will get 80 % of the cannabinoids and the consistency is caramel candy like hash when scooped.

also another thing worth mentioning here is that 180 proof alcohol will be even more selective than 160 proof alcohol when frozen. (at least in my results).

I'd be willing to give this a shot sometime. How long do you do your pulls for?

i usually check by the color of the alcohol, but from my rough estimate it is around 30 or 40 secs to minute per wash(cannabinoids are dissolved like sugar in water)...just as you do with naphta. i separate the washes in three jars or glasses just to be on the safe side.
the first two washes are usually quite yellow in color, than depends on the amount of cannabinoids and the temperature of the alcohol the third or the fourth wash start to pull some impurities (again judging by the green color the alcohol is starting to get),though in my experience this does not affect the consistency of the product or the potency for that matter.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Yerba
#22 Posted : 6/15/2012 4:53:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Limonene does not evaporate cleanly and the residue is harsh to smoke. Using it as a primary solvent here is a no-go.

Although this may not be an issue for edibles.

Parshvik Chintan
#23 Posted : 6/15/2012 7:26:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yerba wrote:
Although this may not be an issue for edibles.

thats about what i figured.
the test extraction is evapping now.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

ntwhtyouknw
#24 Posted : 6/17/2012 9:12:43 AM

You do not have to see alike, feel alike or even think alike in order spiritually to be alike

Though nothing to do with a limo extraction, this is the best info I could find on a CBD THC extraction. Sounds like it would be worth the effort.Hemp Husbandry
Toadfreak!

Travel like a king
Listen to the inner voice
A higher wisdom is at work for you
Conquering the stumbling blocks come easier
When the conqueror is in tune with the infinite
Every ending is a new beginning
Life is an endless unfoldment
Change your mind, and you change your relation to time
Free your mind and the rest will follow

Ambivalent
#25 Posted : 6/17/2012 9:50:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ntwhtyouknw wrote:
Though nothing to do with a limo extraction, this is the best info I could find on a CBD THC extraction. Sounds like it would be worth the effort.Hemp Husbandry

good read ! thanx alot man !

LibertyforAll
#26 Posted : 4/29/2016 7:25:26 AM

Claro in Vitam

Has anybody any new info or opinions on this subject? I was glad to find a thread on the nexus covering it but hoped it'd be more informative. Seems Parsh possibly wasn't successful, and he's been inactive for a while it seems, still gonna message him though
I believe in freedom for everyone.
'movies are for people who lack real drugs.' -anne halonium

rOm
#27 Posted : 4/29/2016 10:03:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I saw limonene distillation for cannabis extraction looks good. That's what I would do if I were to use limonene for cannabis extraction. Apart from that, CO2 extraction seems like the best of all of them ( but machinery is too pricey unless you do it as a actual job ).
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

LibertyforAll
#28 Posted : 4/29/2016 5:42:25 PM

Claro in Vitam

That was one procedure I read about, using limonene to refine butane or ethanol extractions if I understand correctly, to create a nearly pure cannabinoid profile with only a few terpenes left over. It seems limonene pulls less chlorophyll than ethanol, and I see limo as potentially cleaner than say, naphtha or butane extraction, in terms of residual solvent in the final product, especially without a vacuum oven, though I think purging would be good for all extraction processes.
I found this thread; http://fuckcombustion.co...ene-and-extracting.6392/
and the member's procedure was as follows, copy+pasted;

1. Put bud in jar, add solvent and shake for 1-2 min
2. aspirate solvent and dry under dehumidifier
3. decarboxylate hashoil in oven @250F for 1-1.5 hrs
4. scrape and smoke!

Limonene seems to be useful for cleanup jobs, I believe it's commercially used for this task by some, refining crude extraction products.
However after reading and digging more I've found it may also be solely used for extraction, to good effect.
Horatio Delbert Concentrates markets 'LHO' as a simpson oil alternative, with petroleum free processing as the main advertising point ... and the results look beautiful!

http://11258-presscdn-0-...27898805_637107042_o.jpg
I believe in freedom for everyone.
'movies are for people who lack real drugs.' -anne halonium

downwardsfromzero
#29 Posted : 5/1/2016 10:41:02 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Just some on-the-fly thoughts here -

Regarding limonene cleanup, it should purge out of the solids with steam more quickly (easily?) than waiting for it to evaporate.

Limonene does oxidise, albeit quite slowly, so air evaporation is disadvantageous as the oxidation products can contribute weird gunk and cause slight degradation of the actives (in my thought experiments!) Otherwise it seems limonene is pretty good!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PREV12