We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What to do with dry PF culture Options

Adivino
#1 Posted : 5/27/2012 11:04:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What could one do with 10 1/2 pint glasses full of PF Tek culture media, which have been properly sterilized and inoculated with a spore syringe, but which have not germinated in 2 weeks because it's not wet enough? One is positive that the problem is humidity because another batch, which is clearly wetter, has 100% germination and 50% colonization.

Could one inject sterile water? Redoing everything would be wasteful because it has already been inoculated.
The text above was typed by frenzy monkeys randomly hitting their keyboards.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 5/28/2012 7:41:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, some people are injecting sterile water. Make sure to flame the needles properly, because doing this introduces a new danger of contaminations. Also, the cake could be fighting an infection hence the stall. Still, you could try injecting sterile water if you are confident that it is the moisture level. Growing mushrooms is all about experimentation and coming to your own conclusions.

cyantific
#3 Posted : 5/30/2012 2:49:22 AM

Journeyman

You could always make a new syringe and inject more spores along with water. If you're cake is too dry, this could help. Probably be best to just start fresh.

BecometheOther
#4 Posted : 6/7/2012 9:06:55 AM

metamorhpasizer

Pf tech is the problem Pleased

If i were you i would take those fully colonized cakes and crumble them up and birth them to some nicely composted manure, or earthworm castings you can buy from the garden shop.

Instead of a few wispy slow fruits, youll get a bulk tub.

Good luck!
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

Parshvik Chintan
#5 Posted : 6/7/2012 9:43:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BecometheOther wrote:
Pf tech is the problem Pleased

yet for those of us who have amazing results with it (more than slow wispy fruits), it seems worth not having to clean shit off your mushies Razz
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!