We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV2627282930NEXT»
Trying to improve Acacia information Options

nameless
#541 Posted : 6/6/2012 1:43:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks bricklaya>
A couple years ago I did various extracts of these trees, mostly from the leaves and younger stem ends but when I lost all my research data I discarded the samples before I could get a analysis done. Never did a bio assay though.

Please also put something in the Wiki about sustainable Acacia harvesting, I am tired of seeing destroyed trees. Thank you.
The problem with wisdom is that it cannot be taught, but ignorance can.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

acacian
#542 Posted : 6/6/2012 1:43:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

in fact yeah i'd say it definitely is a mangium.. it even has the little red blotches at the stem and phyllode intersections

excited to hear your results... it sounds like a good tryptamine candidate

acacian
#543 Posted : 6/6/2012 5:46:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bong all the way for me Gowpen.. just layer the dmt in between a herb of your choice...the herbs on top will protect it from burning while the herb underneath ensures it doesn't get pulled through the hole prematurely.. hold the lighter a little higher up than you normally would to avoid any burning.... this should vape it fine i always break through off one hit from a bong. you dont need to hold the lighter over it for long.. do it as long as you need to get the ember roasting on its own and then pull it away...that will vape the spice for you fine

my preference though over smoking freebase is changa which is a dmt infused herb mix.. you needn't any vaporising technique for changa as the dmt is protected in the herb so you can rip it like a cone of ganj... and you can choose what potency you want the changa too and also use whatever herb you fancy.. this could arguably change the plant spirit a bit so if you want to experience the pure 'spirit of acuminata' (not everyone subscribes to the notion of the plant spirit but i certainly do after my own experiences) then maybe go the freebase..I have always found it to have a lot of depth though so i dont think it really matters a whole lot.. especially when your using aussie natives for the blend

weaker blends such as 20:80 or 25:75 are good for working your way up to the breakthrough so you can steer it to where you feel comfortable...the stronger blends from 30:70 up will generally break you through in one hitwith a level packed cone.. 50:50 blends you dont quite need a full packed cone to break through.. be careful when making it 50:50 .. very powerful stuff

hope that helps.. you can make a great changa blend out of the native acacias with bipinnate phyllodes.. mearnsii phyllodes are choice for me (such a smooth smoke no harshness at all)....mixed in with a little bit of caapi vine ...or acacia baileyana phyllodes would be good too

I luuuuuuurrrrv changa. I feel it has slightly more depth than freebase... or at least feels a little more earthbound as opposed to the really universal and at times alien feeling presence of pure freebase.. but i love both to death .. both just as jaw dropping .. both just as divine in their own unique way

cave paintings
#544 Posted : 6/6/2012 8:58:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, so a quick A/B on the yet to be identified acacia of pictures 3,4,5 of my first post on the acacia id thread has yielded a thin goo that seems to have some clear crystals scattered throughout. Smells like dmt a little bit, but more planty. A little weary to bio-assay because I am scared there might still be solvent trapped in the goo. Heptane (Bestine) was used to pull and after mainly unsuccessful freeze precipitation, I just decided to evap the last of it which yielded this goo.
Living to Give

nen888
#545 Posted : 6/7/2012 4:04:25 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

^..groovy cave paintingsSmile! EDIT: images now moved to Acacia Identification Thread posts#54 and #60..

endlessness wrote:
Quote:
Suggestion: Nen, add to the first post index a link to the post a couple of pages back where you answered me regarding sustainable harvesting of Acacias
..good suggestion thanks, have done..will add the last few pages references next few days..

Gowpen wrote:
Quote:
I have some yellow goo left but not sure how to handle it..
..smear onto (preferably) inactive leaf material (e.g smoking blend herb)..investigate vaporizers..even a test tube can be used..
Quote:
Nen..... did you say you met with Terrance ? and that He experienced DMT only 4 times a year.... ?

..yes
(he was at it since the 60s)

acacian
#546 Posted : 6/7/2012 4:53:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wow thats awesome nen what's he like in person? I have so much to thank Terence for in my life Smile

acacian
#547 Posted : 6/7/2012 5:21:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cave paintings wrote:
Ok, so a quick A/B on the yet to be identified acacia of pictures 3,4,5 of my first post on this page (31) has yielded a thin goo that seems to have some clear crystals scattered throughout. Smells like dmt a little bit, but more planty. A little weary to bio-assay because I am scared there might still be solvent trapped in the goo. Heptane (Bestine) was used to pull and after mainly unsuccessful freeze precipitation, I just decided to evap the last of it which yielded this goo.

if it smells like dmt and theres crystals forming theres a good chance it is dmt.. usually if theres plant fats oils it wont crystallise properly but form flat circular stars, and the plant oils will hide the smell significantly as i can attest to from various fatty extracts....have pulled crystals that hardly smell like dmt at all in the past. you could try dissolving in some warm shellite and then deffatting with an acidic solution, then rebasifying and pulling again with more shellite.. how much do you reckon is there?

cave paintings
#548 Posted : 6/7/2012 5:32:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hm. Unfortunately I am out of solvent at the moment. It has remained a clear goo all day now. I have rubbed a good bit of it onto some plant material that I may try and smoke later. Will update later.

edit: rather than double post, I'll just add my experience here.
Had previously rubbed some of the goo onto some dried acacia leaf as it was the only thing on hand at the time to absorb the remaining goo from the pyrex. The rest I rubbed onto some mugwort.
Should have taken better note of the exact times. Smoked it about 15-20 minutes ago. Still feeling effects, however I am skeptical somewhat because the pipe I used had weed resin that I fear may have contaminated the experience, that and the mugwort.
I have a psychedelic headspace and some slight visual effects right now. Body buzz too. Could possibly be attributed to the resin however, given my tolerance is so low.
As I first began smoking it off the leaf, more trying to vaporize it, the goo simmered and as I exhaled my second hit a large head 'zoom' or 'tingle' or rush went through me, and THAT I would not attribute to the resin, especially since I am sure the pipe had not heated up enough at that point to ignite it. Did not taste or smell too much dmt taste except for one hit I thought I detected it. Effects seem more how NMT is described in retrospect.
Feeling a little spacey at the moment, will include more when I am a little more baseline..
Living to Give

nen888
#549 Posted : 6/8/2012 5:04:03 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..first, hi nameless, bricklaya is right i think about the tree looking like A. mangium (assuming these are in Qld) but [Edit] pods look like holosericea..see few posts on..

..and Gowpen, ps T. McKenna used a glass pipe with a long stem amd approx 1 inch diameter bowl..he may have only smoked around four times a year, but he sure smoked efficient doses, and also had the rest of each year to get into ayahuasca, psilocybin etc..though i don't think he 'caned' these either..bricklaya, i only hung out with him for a few days..he was of course a fountain of interesting information about almost any subject, talked about his kids a lot, quite mellow and funny, certainly enjoyed his cannabis..and kava..didn't mind a bit of electronica music either..

i enjoyed brickie's vaping perspective..but, so as not to keep inflating the thread (see next post) lets put discussion of dmt smoking technique in another thread [there are already many]..my personal preference would be for for the pure plant 'essence' in glass..especially when meeting unfamiliar new 'allies'..btw Growpen, my first ever experiences used the foil/bottle method..there was a thread of which the op is now deleted on this, which caused much controversy and displeasure amongst some Nexians..https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d...aspx?g=posts&t=30398..but, for another thread please..
.......................................................................................

cave paintings wrote:
Quote:
Ok, so a quick A/B on the yet to be identified acacia of pictures 3,4,5 of my first post on this page (31) has yielded a thin goo that seems to have some clear crystals scattered throughout. Smells like dmt a little bit, but more planty. A little weary to bio-assay because I am scared there might still be solvent trapped in the goo. Heptane (Bestine) was used to pull and after mainly unsuccessful freeze precipitation, I just decided to evap the last of it which yielded this goo.

..most 'goo' has no solevnt left..if its been evaporated a few days..often i think it remains partly an oil because of trace betacarbolines or n-oxide etc..to be sure (of no solvent) redissolve in a small amount of ethanol/methanol, and leave to evap/re-x..if it smells of dmt is a good sign, including the 'planty' smell..but as you've said in your bioassay report, NMT also smells similar..though, how much did you test? ..even 20mg of near-pure DMT vaporized inefficiently and not held in can cause just mild effects for 15 minutes..though the taste indicates there was probabky other things in there..unless you felt any hints of toxicity, i would personally try a little more..
[Edit] See Acacia ID Thread p3>#60 pics 1,2,3,4 are similar to the australian A. penninervis
5 may be the same, but looks A. falcata (as bricklaya suggested) but it has cream flowers,
6,7,8 are probably A. saligna..
in the other ID post #54 there seems hints of hybridization..1,2,3 may be A. penninervis crossed with another species..
4 is similar to the aus A. caesilla, which may be the cross-breeder..

a lot to compare..none of these species have been studied fpr tryptamines before (AFAIK)
..interesting and promising results so far cave paintings..Smile

..here is a list (with USAgDatabase#)of all Acacias and related species (introduced or native) found in the USA..so others can help work out what they may be..Smile

Quote:
ACAB2 Acacia abyssinica Hochst. ex Benth.
ACABC2 Acacia abyssinica Hochst. ex Benth. ssp. calophylla Brenan
ACAC7 Acacia acinacea Lindl. gold-dust acacia
ACCY3 Acacia cyclophylla Schltdl.
ACAC8 Acacia aciphylla Benth.
ACAC9 Acacia aculeatissima J.F. Macbr.
ACAC10 Acacia acuminata Benth.
ACAD Acacia adunca A. Cunn. ex G. Don Wallangarra wattle
ACAC6 Acacia accola Maiden & Betche
ACAL16 Acacia alata R. Br. winged wattle
ACAM9 Acacia ampliceps Maslin acacia
ACAN4 Acacia anegadensis Britton [excluded] blackbrush wattle
ACAN10 Acacia aneura F. Muell. ex Benth. mulga
ACAN Acacia angustissima (Mill.) Kuntze prairie acacia
ACANC Acacia angustissima (Mill.) Kuntze var. chisosiana Isely Chisos prairie acacia
ACANH Acacia angustissima (Mill.) Kuntze var. hirta (Nutt.) B.L. Rob. prairie acacia
ACHI3 Acacia hirta Nutt.
ACANS Acacia angustissima (Mill.) Kuntze var. shrevei (Britton & Rose) Isely Shreve's prairie acacia
ACHIL2 Acacia hirta Nutt. ssp. lemmonii (Rose) Wiggins
ACLE3 Acacia lemmonii Rose
ACANS2 Acacia angustissima (Mill.) Kuntze var. suffrutescens (Rose) Isely prairie acacia
ACANC2 Acacia angustissima (Mill.) Kuntze var. cuspidata (Schltdl.) L.D. Benson p.p.
ACCU Acacia cuspidata Schltdl. p.p.
ACANT4 Acacia angustissima (Mill.) Kuntze var. texensis (Torr. & A. Gray) Isely prairie wattle
ACANC2 Acacia angustissima (Mill.) Kuntze var. cuspidata (Schltdl.) L.D. Benson p.p.
ACCU Acacia cuspidata Schltdl. p.p.
ACTE2 Acacia texensis Torr. & A. Gray
ACAR12 Acacia arenaria Schinz
ACAU Acacia auriculiformis A. Cunn. ex Benth. earleaf acacia
ACBA Acacia baileyana F. Muell. cootamundra wattle
ACBE6 Acacia beckleri Tindale Barrier Range wattle
ACBE Acacia berlandieri Benth. guajillo
ACEM Acacia emoryana Benth.
ACBI5 Acacia binervata DC. two-vein-hickory
ACBO4 Acacia boomanii Maiden Snowy River wattle
ACBR3 Acacia brachybotrya Benth. gray mulga
ACBU3 Acacia buxifolia A. Cunn.
ACCA23 Acacia caesiella Maiden & Blakely
ACCA24 Acacia calamifolia Sweet ex Lindl. broom wattle
ACCA25 Acacia cambagei R.T. Baker gidgee
ACCA27 Acacia cardiophylla A. Cunn. ex Benth. wyalong wattle
ACCA21 Acacia catechu (L. f.) Willd. [excluded] black cutch
ACCA35 Acacia caven (Molina) Molina Roman-cassie
ACCA28 Acacia cavenia (Molina) Hook. & Arn., orth. var.
ACCH8 Acacia chinchillensis Tindale Chinchilla wattle
ACCH7 Acacia chinchellensis Tindale, orth. var.
ACCH Acacia choriophylla Benth. cinnecord
ACCI6 Acacia cibaria F. Muell. turpentine mulga
ACBR4 Acacia brachystachya auct.
ACCO15 Acacia cognata Domin bower wattle
ACCO16 Acacia colletioides A. Cunn. ex Benth.
ACCO24 Acacia collinsii Saff. bull horn acacia
ACCOP3 Acacia collinsii Saff. var. pseudomyrmex ?, ined.
ACCO Acacia confusa Merr. small Philippine acacia
ACCO17 Acacia conspersa F. Muell.
ACCO2 Acacia constricta Benth. whitethorn acacia
ACCOC Acacia constricta Benth. var. constricta whitethorn acacia
ACCOP9 Acacia constricta Benth. var. paucispina Woot. & Standl. whitethorn acacia
ACCO18 Acacia continua Benth. thorn wattle
ACCO5 Acacia cornigera (L.) Willd. bullhorn wattle
ACCR2 Acacia craspedocarpa F. Muell.
ACCU4 Acacia cultriformis A. Cunn. ex G. Don knife acacia
ACCU5 Acacia cupularis Domin
ACCY2 Acacia cyclops A. Cunn. ex G. Don coastal wattle
ACDA5 Acacia davyi N.E. Br.
ACDE3 Acacia dealbata Link silver wattle
ACDED Acacia decurrens (Wendl. f.) Willd. var. dealbata (Link) F. Muell.
ACDE11 Acacia deanei (R.T. Baker) R.T. Baker ex M.B. Welch, Coombs & McGlymn Deane's wattle
ACDEP2 Acacia deanei (R.T. Baker) R.T. Baker ex M.B. Welch, Coombs & McGlymn ssp. paucijuga (Wakef.) Tindale
ACPA10 Acacia paucijuga Wakef.
ACDE12 Acacia decora Rchb. graceful wattle
ACDE Acacia decurrens (Wendl. f.) Willd. green wattle
ACDI7 Acacia dietrichiana F. Muell.
ACDI8 Acacia difformis R.T. Baker drooping wattle
ACDO2 Acacia doratoxylon A. Cunn. spearwood
ACDR2 Acacia drummondii Lindl. Drummond's wattle
ACDU3 Acacia dunnii Turrill
ACEB2 Acacia eburnea (L. f.) Willd.
ACEL Acacia elata A. Cunn. ex Benth. cedar wattle
ACER4 Acacia erioloba E. Mey. camelthorn
ACER5 Acacia erubescens Welw. ex Oliv.
ACES2 Acacia estrophiolata F. Muell.
ACEX3 Acacia extensa Lindl.
ACFA Acacia farnesiana (L.) Willd. sweet acacia
ACFAF2 Acacia farnesiana (L.) Willd. var. farnesiana
ACMI4 Acacia minuta (M.E. Jones) R.M. Beauch.
ACMID Acacia minuta (M.E. Jones) R.M. Beauch. ssp. densiflora (Alexander ex Small) R.M. Beauch.
ACSM Acacia smallii Isely
ACFI4 Acacia fimbriata A. Cunn. ex G. Don fringed wattle
ACFL6 Acacia floribunda (Vent.) Willd.
ACGA3 Acacia galpinii Burtt Davy
ACGE8 Acacia genistifolia Link early wattle
ACDI9 Acacia diffusa Lindl.
ACGE7 Acacia gerrardii Benth.
ACGL5 Acacia gladiiformis A. Cunn. ex Benth.
ACGL6 Acacia glandulicarpa Reader
ACGL4 Acacia glauca (L.) Moench acacia
ACVI8 Acacia villosa (Sw.) Willd.
ACGO2 Acacia goetzei Harms
ACGR9 Acacia gracilifolia Maiden & Blakely graceful wattle
ACGR Acacia greggii A. Gray catclaw acacia
ACGRG3 Acacia greggii A. Gray var. greggii catclaw acacia
ACGRA Acacia greggii A. Gray var. arizonica Isely
ACGRW Acacia greggii A. Gray var. wrightii (Benth.) Isely catclaw acacia
ACWR Acacia wrightii Benth.
ACHA4 Acacia hakeoides A. Cunn. ex Benth.
ACHE8 Acacia hebeclada DC.
ACHE12 Acacia hemiteles Benth.
ACGR10 Acacia graffiana F. Muell.
ACHO2 Acacia holosericea A. Cunn. ex G. Don candelabra wattle
ACHO4 Acacia horrida (L.) Willd.
ACHO5 Acacia howittii F. Muell. sticky wattle
ACIM4 Acacia imbricata F. Muell. imbricate wattle
ACIM5 Acacia implexa Benth. screw-pod wattle
ACIR Acacia irrorata Sieber ex Spreng. green wattle
ACIT2 Acacia iteaphylla F. Muell. ex Benth.
ACIX2 Acacia ixiophylla Benth.
ACJI Acacia jibberdingensis Maiden & Blakely
ACJO2 Acacia jonesii F. Muell. & Maiden
ACKA2 Acacia karroo Hayne karroothorn
ACKO Acacia koa A. Gray koa
ACKA Acacia kauaiensis Hillebr.
ACKOH Acacia koa A. Gray var. hawaiiensis Rock
ACKOL Acacia koa A. Gray var. lanaiensis Rock
ACKOW Acacia koa A. Gray var. waimeae Hochr.
ACKO2 Acacia koaia Hillebr. koaoha
ACLA10 Acacia lanuginophylla R.S. Cowan & Maslin
ACLA11 Acacia lanuginosa C.A. Gardner, nom. illeg.
ACLA6 Acacia lasiocalyx C.R.P. Andrews
ACLE7 Acacia leiophylla Benth.
ACLI8 Acacia ligulata Benth. acacia
ACLI5 Acacia lineata A. Cunn. ex G. Don
ACLO Acacia longifolia (Andrews) Willd. Sydney golden wattle
ACLA Acacia latifolia hort.
ACLOS3 Acacia longifolia (Andrews) Willd. ssp. sophorae (Labill.) Court
ACLOS2 Acacia longifolia (Andrews) Willd. var. sophorae (Labill.) F. Muell. ex Benth.
ACLO8 Acacia longissima H.L. Wendl.
ACLI4 Acacia linearis Sims
ACMA Acacia macracantha Humb. & Bonpl. ex Willd. porknut
ACMA11 Acacia maidenii F. Muell.
ACMA12 Acacia mangium Willd.
ACME80 Acacia mearnsii De Wild. black wattle
ACDEM Acacia decurrens (Wendl. f.) Willd. var. mollis Lindl.
ACME Acacia melanoxylon R. Br. blackwood
ACME8 Acacia mellifera (Vahl) Benth.
ACMED Acacia mellifera (Vahl) Benth. ssp. detinens (Burch.) Brenan
ACDE13 Acacia detinens Burch.
ACME6 Acacia merrallii F. Muell.
ACMI5 Acacia microbotrya Benth.
ACMI6 Acacia microcarpa F. Muell. manna wattle
ACMI Acacia millefolia S. Watson milfoil wattle
ACMO9 Acacia montana Benth.
ACMU6 Acacia mucronata Willd. ex H.L. Wendl. narrow-leaf wattle
ACMU7 Acacia multispicata Benth.
ACMU Acacia muricata (L.) Willd. spineless wattle
ACMY2 Acacia myrtifolia (Sm.) Willd.
ACNE4 Acacia neovernicosa Isely viscid acacia
ACCOV Acacia constricta Benth. var. vernicosa (Standl.) L.D. Benson
ACVE Acacia vernicosa Standl.
ACNE8 Acacia neriifolia A. Cunn. ex Benth.
ACNI8 Acacia nigrescens Oliv. knobthorn
ACNI2 Acacia nilotica (L.) Willd. ex Delile gum arabic tree
ACAR11 Acacia arabica (Lam.) Willd.
ACNIA3 Acacia nilotica (L.) Willd. ex Delile ssp. adstringens (Schumach. & Thonn.) Roberty
ACNIA2 Acacia nilotica (L.) Willd. ex Delile ssp. adansonii (Guill. & Perr.) Brenan
ACNIK2 Acacia nilotica (L.) Willd. ex Delile ssp. kraussiana (Benth.) Brenan
ACNO5 Acacia notabilis F. Muell. notable wattle
ACOM Acacia omalophylla A. Cunn. ex Benth. yarran
ACHO3 Acacia homalophylla A. Cunn. ex Benth.
ACOS2 Acacia oswaldii F. Muell. umbrella acacia
ACOX3 Acacia oxycedrus Sieber ex DC.
ACPA15 Acacia pachyceras Sw.
ACPAN Acacia pachyceras Sw. var. najdensis (Chaudhary) Boulos
ACGEN2 Acacia gerrardii Benth. ssp. negevensis Zohary
ACPA16 Acacia papyrocarpa Benth.
ACSO3 Acacia sowdenii Maiden
ACPA8 Acacia paradoxa DC. paradox acacia
ACAR15 Acacia armata R. Br.
ACPA81 Acacia parramattensis Tindale South Wales wattle
ACPA9 Acacia parvipinnula Tindale silver-stem wattle
ACPE8 Acacia pendula A. Cunn. ex G. Don myall acacia
ACPE9 Acacia pennatula (Schltdl. & Cham.) Benth. fern-leaf acacia
ACPE10 Acacia penninervis Sieber ex DC. blackwood
ACPE11 Acacia pentagona (Schumach. & Thonn.) Hook. f.
ACPI Acacia pinetorum F.J. Herm. pineland wattle
ACPO2 Acacia podalyriifolia A. Cunn. ex G. Don pearl wattle
ACPO3 Acacia polyacantha Willd. catechu tree
ACSU2 Acacia suma (Roxb.) Buch.-Ham. ex Voigt
ACPOC2 Acacia polyacantha Willd. ssp. campylacantha (Hochst. ex A. Rich.) Brenan
ACCA26 Acacia campylacantha Hochst. ex A. Rich.
ACPR6 Acacia pravissima F. Muell. wedge-leaf wattle
ACPR3 Acacia prominens A. Cunn. ex G. Don goldenrain wattle
ACPR4 Acacia pruinosa A. Cunn. ex Benth. frosty wattle
ACPU3 Acacia pulchella R. Br.
ACPY3 Acacia pycnantha Benth. golden wattle
ACPY4 Acacia pyrifolia DC.
ACQU2 Acacia quornensis J.M. Black quorn wattle
ACRA5 Acacia ramulosa W. Fitzg.
ACRE9 Acacia redolens Maslin bank catclaw
ACRE8 Acacia rehmanniana Schinz acacia
ACRE2 Acacia retinodes Schltdl. water wattle
ACRE4 Acacia retusa (Jacq.) Howard catch and keep
ACRI4 Acacia riparia auct. non Kunth
ACWE Acacia westiana DC.
ACRI10 Acacia richii A. Gray [excluded]
ACRI6 Acacia rigens A. Cunn. ex G. Don nealie
ACRI Acacia rigidula Benth. blackbrush acacia
ACAM3 Acacia amentacea DC.
ACRI7 Acacia rivalis J.M. Black creek wattle
ACRO5 Acacia robusta Burch.
ACRO Acacia roemeriana Scheele roundflower catclaw
ACMA2 Acacia malacophylla Benth.
ACRO6 Acacia rossei F. Muell.
ACRU11 Acacia rubida A. Cunn. red-leaf wattle
ACRU12 Acacia rupicola F. Muell. ex Benth.
ACSA9 Acacia saliciformis Tindale
ACSA10 Acacia salicina Lindl. cooba
ACSA Acacia saligna (Labill.) Wendl. f. orange wattle
ACCY Acacia cyanophylla Lindl.
ACSC2 Acacia schaffneri (S. Watson) F.J. Herm. Schaffner's wattle
ACSCB Acacia schaffneri (S. Watson) F.J. Herm. var. bravoensis Isely Schaffner's wattle
ACSCS2 Acacia schaffneri (S. Watson) F.J. Herm. var. schaffneri (S. Watson) F.J. Herm. [excluded] Schaffner's wattle
ACSC Acacia schottii Torr. Schott's wattle
ACSC9 Acacia schweinfurthii Brenan & Exell
ACSC10 Acacia sclerosperma F. Muell. acacia
ACSC12 Acacia scleroxyla Tussac [excluded]
ACSE6 Acacia senegal (L.) Willd. gum arabic
ACVE3 Acacia verek Guill. & Perr.
ACSER2 Acacia senegal (L.) Willd. var. rostrata Brenan
ACSE7 Acacia seyal Delile talh
ACSI7 Acacia sieberiana DC.
ACSIW2 Acacia sieberiana DC. var. woodii (Burtt Davy) Keay & Brenan paperbark-thorn
ACSI5 Acacia silvestris Tindale red wattle
ACSO4 Acacia sophorae (Labill.) R. Br. acacia
ACSP9 Acacia spectabilis A. Cunn. ex Benth. glory wattle
ACSP4 Acacia sphaerocephala Schltdl. & Cham. bee wattle
ACST5 Acacia stenophylla A. Cunn. ex Benth. Dalby myall
ACST8 Acacia stowardii Maiden bastard mulga
ACCL2 Acacia clivicola Pedley
ACST6 Acacia stricta (Andrews) Willd.
ACSU9 Acacia suaveolens (Sm.) Willd. sweet acacia
ACSU11 Acacia sublanata Benth.
ACSU10 Acacia subulata Bonpl. awl-leaf wattle
ACSW2 Acacia swazica Burtt Davy
ACTE9 Acacia terminalis (Salisb.) J.F. Macbr. [excluded]
ACTE8 Acacia tetragonophylla F. Muell. dead finish
ACTO6 Acacia tortilis (Forssk.) Hayne umbrella thorn
ACTOH2 Acacia tortilis (Forssk.) Hayne ssp. heteracantha (Burch.) Brenan
ACTOS2 Acacia tortilis (Forssk.) Hayne ssp. spirocarpa (Hochst. ex A. Rich.) Brenan
ACTO Acacia tortuosa (L.) Willd. poponax
ACTR6 Acacia trineura F. Muell.
ACUL2 Acacia ulicifolia (Salisb.) Court juniper wattle
ACJU2 Acacia juniperina (Vent.) Willd.
ACUN2 Acacia uncinata Lindl.
ACUN3 Acacia undulifolia G. Lodd.
ACUR2 Acacia urophylla Benth. ex Lindl.
ACVE5 Acacia verniciflua A. Cunn.
ACVE2 Acacia verticillata (L'Hér.) Willd. prickly Moses
ACVI7 Acacia victoriae Benth. bramble acacia
ACSE9 Acacia sentis F. Muell. ex Benth., nom. illeg.
ACVI9 Acacia viscidula Benth.
ACVI10 Acacia visco Lorentz ex Griseb.
ACVO Acacia vogeliana Steud. macata bourse bastard
ACWA3 Acacia wattsiana F. Muell. ex Benth.
ACWI2 Acacia willardiana Rose
ACXA3 Acacia xanthophloea Benth. fevertree
ARRAC2 Arracacia E.N. Bancroft arracacia
ARXA2 Arracacia xanthorrhiza E.N. Bancroft arracacha
ARES3 Arracacia esculenta DC.
FAAL Faidherbia albida (Delile) A. Chev. applering acacia
ACAL15 Acacia albida Delile
MIAR4 Mimosa arenosa (Willd.) Poir. elegant mimosa
ACAR3 Acacia arenosa Willd.
ROPS Robinia pseudoacacia L. black locust
ROPSI2 Robinia pseudoacacia L. f. inermis (Mirb.) Rehder
ROPSP Robinia pseudoacacia L. var. pyramidalis Pepin
ROPSR Robinia pseudoacacia L. var. rectissima (L.) Raber

below, A. penninervis, A. caesilla and Terence rip (probably laughing at us with the machine elves now..Smile)
nen888 attached the following image(s):
Acacia-penninervis-thumbnail.jpg (16kb) downloaded 489 time(s).
Acacia caesiella.jpg (56kb) downloaded 487 time(s).
terence_mckenna rest in peace.jpg (21kb) downloaded 488 time(s).

nen888
#550 Posted : 6/8/2012 5:10:53 AM
member for the trees

..as Growpen says:
Quote:
this thread is getting bigger than Benhur..

so, i've been pondering how to keep it more reigned in..

the main objectives of this thread, when it started nearly a year ago, were:
1) to improve the veracity of phytochemical info on Acacias worldwide
2) to encourage
SUSTAINABLE use of Acacias, especially by growing
3) to find enough active species that i) legislation to ban becomes impractical and ....ii) a couple of species being presently harmed are less targeted, and 2-3 Endangered species are less vulnerable..
4) to evenly distribute and make accessible the information, to discourage the selling or buying of acacia dmt..(commodification=non-sustainability)
5) to bring about an understanding and caring for these lifeforms, and conservation for the future..

..so the thread is doing well with most objectives..sustainability is still being monitored (and like myself and Spice Sailor said, there are vigilante groups ready to form to confront tree destroyers/exploiters in sensitive areas..really!)

since the information i hastily pooled on the first page, the following species have been re-confirmed in activity by Nexians (forgive me if i've left anybody out) :
A. acuminata [alienteaparty, Gowpen] A. confusa [numerous, see A. confusa thread], A. floribunda [vitalstatistix, Spice Sailor], A. longifolia [chocobeastie], A longissima [Seldom], A. maidenii [Spice Sailor], A. mearnsii [chocobeastie]...and the following species were uncovered so far by Nexians, in addition to the many new species listed in the thread:
A. cyclops [Primal Wisdom], A. falcata, A. provincialis [yatiqiri] & A. tortuosa [yatiqiri]..

..the last 10 pages we've gone a lot into extraction issues and mis-ID, which is educational, but now covered a lot..perhaps, to keep the usability of this thread under control, we could all do the following:

a) limit initial ID request photos to 1-2 per plant, unless more are required later
b) report final extract outcome, keep process info brief; better still, wait until bioassay shows activity or non-activity to report
c) double check the p.1 Index before posting a question..

..i really want to thank everyone in the thread for their feedback, enthusiasm and interest..Smile

now, good luck and onwards researchers of the acacia-light..

below, for ID help, 2 of Acacia tortuosa (common Sth, Central America)
and Acacia mearnsii (native southern Australia, found in USA/Hawaii)
both with probable tryptamine bio-assay reports in the thread..
Acacia tortuosa 3.jpg (181kb) downloaded 489 time(s).
Acacia tortuosa 2.jpg (219kb) downloaded 488 time(s).
-Acacia-mearnsii-maui.jpg (116kb) downloaded 487 time(s).
a mearnsii (black wattle) australia.jpg (165kb) downloaded 484 time(s).

nen888
#551 Posted : 6/8/2012 8:55:01 AM
member for the trees

..ps (hard to not inflate the threadSmile) nameless, after looking closer your tree above may be
Acacia holosericea, the pods look closer..finer examination may be required..similar regions..

below A. mangium and A. holosericea..
holosericea.jpg (68kb) downloaded 512 time(s).
mangium.jpg (69kb) downloaded 510 time(s).

sc001
#552 Posted : 6/8/2012 9:13:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

anyone know where i can find Acacia Burkittii in Adelaide, South Australia?

cave paintings
#553 Posted : 6/8/2012 9:29:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

.most 'goo' has no solevnt left..if its been evaporated a few days..often i think it remains partly an oil because of trace betacarbolines or n-oxide etc..to be sure (of no solvent) redissolve in a small amount of ethanol/methanol, and leave to evap/re-x..if it smells of dmt is a good sign, including the 'planty' smell..but as you've said in your bioassay report, NMT also smells similar..though, how much did you test? ..even 20mg of near-pure DMT noted vaporized inefficiently and not held in can cause just mild effects for 15 minutes..though the taste indicates there was probabky other things in there..unless you felt any hints of toxicity, i would personally try a little more..the longer phyllode pics (lower top post) are probably A. saligna, though i think you live near hybrid lane..the top pics i'm looking at..4 & 6 are like A. falcata but it has cream flowers..(as bricklaya suggested), but the top two i don't think are..have time later to compare refs, will edit answer (if i get one) back into this post..similar species (with yellow flowers) include
the asutralian A. penninervis and A. caesiella pictured below..so appologies for the ID delay, but there's a lot to compare..none of these species have been studied fpr tryptamines before (AFAIK)
..interesting and promising results so far cave paintings..

Hey nen. Alot of info exchange going on so sorry if I miss anything. I need to start weighing things more.. sometimes I just get excited and hop into things. I don't know exactly how much of the goo was tested, I feel I would have lost half of it in the process of weighing/transferring it. 20 mg is actually a good estimate though it is hard to say with a goo that has been smeared around. I smoked the remaining residual goo on some of the leaves from last night about an hour ago out of a clean pipe and got a very slight head buzz. That is the last of the goo though.

I will have to try an extraction on the a.saligna(?) at some point. You say above, 4&6 you suspect to be falcata? I am confused, did you mean 4&5 because 6 was the suspected saligna right? If we are referring still to my top post on page 31 that is.

So under the impression that 9-12 was the same species as 3-5 (from top post on 31), I went and harvested a few limbs off the plant (painful experience) and did a more efficient A/B extraction on what is estimated to be 300-400 grams of plant material. Will have freeze precip results tomorrow. Do you think they are the same species?

Exciting stuff! You will also be happy to find out I have found a few native acacias. I believe constricta and will get pictures when I can to pin the others down.

Living to Give

nen888
#554 Posted : 6/9/2012 1:30:51 AM
member for the trees

^..cool cave paintings, i re-edited that rather incoherent quote you gave here to make more sense..
A. penninervis & A. penninervis x caesilla are candidates till i have more time..

sc001 wrote:
Quote:
anyone know where i can find Acacia Burkittii in Adelaide, South Australia?
..hey sc001, it is very important that actual locations of trees are not given on the net..to understand why please read the ethics discussion beginning here, p9#178 to p10, and see the horrific destruction done by some to trees in the wild in this post..for ethical street tree examination, you may be able to find local council planting records..

otherwise, it is important to take time to research in libraries and study nature until you can find one of these trees..you will be much better prepared and more aware of their sensitivity in the environment..
there should be a lot of A. burkitti 'around' adelaide..

ps. nameless, while there's at least one report of DMT from A. mangium (no formal tests) A. holosericea was found in 1 formal test to contain 1.2% Hordenine (an phenethylamine also found in peyote cactus) and said to be stimulant (though a friend said more sedative)

below i have attached the paper "Alkaloids Of The Australian Leguminoseae* The Occurrence Of Phenethylamine Derivatives In Acacia Species" by J.S. Fitzgerald 1963..
the paper "Alkaloids Of The Australian Leguminosae: The Occurrence Of Methylated Tryptamines In Acacia Maidenii F. .Muell." By J. S. Fitzgerald and A. A. Sioumis, Aust. Journal Chemistry 1965 is attached here in the Acacia Analysis thread..
and Nb-Methyltetrahydroharman from Acacia complanata by Johns et al. 1966 is also attached below..

endlessness
#555 Posted : 6/9/2012 12:07:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Regarding Acacia longifolia, it is also cultivated in parks in some parts of southern europe (and it's not mentioned in the European Acacia's post). A colleague has analysed some and it did NOT have DMT. I will see if I can get the mass spectra to see what it did contain. I can also find from where he harvested and when, and see if I can get pictures of the trees (or test other Acacias growing around town).

nen888
#556 Posted : 6/10/2012 12:57:06 AM
member for the trees

..thanks endlessness..
i guess i'm currently dividing tryptamine acacias into 'reliable' vs more variable species, and longifolia is certainly a variable species..some genotypes only contain Histamine and derivatives..
the strain i posted a photo of here contains 0.3-0.5% DMT stem bark, but not at all times of year..the fluctuation seems to be temperature/moisture based rather than strictly seasonal, but flowering is unlikely to contain any
..this and similar strains of A. longifolia look morphologically a lot more like obtusifolia, and the two species are recorded as hybridizing..
will see if some samples can be gathered in the future..one of my missions (& i encourage others) is to collect seed of these known active strains of various species, as typical seed suppliers do not differentiate..

..i know confirmed dmt acacias are now being privately grown very successfully in southern europe, such as the maidenii/obtusifolia cross pictured on p12..

..also i wanted to mention something about A. maidenii and it's reported variability..
after years of comparing, i now think many people who have reported low or no yields have actually mistaken forms of A. melanoxylon for it..there is not a wide appreciation of how variable in form melanoxylon is..
..in 1996 i visited the location with Mulga where he had gotten a negative result from maidenii..it was seeding but not flowering at the time, and i accepted his ID..a couple of months ago i returned to the site and the same tree had begun to flower..it was A. melanoxylon..i think many people, assuming melanoxylon to be more like the victorian forms and basing ID on old location records, not full flowering confirmation, have made this mistake..
..there are at least 6-7 confirmations of A. maidenii having high tryptamine content as found by the CSIRO..again, however, there are subtypes of maidenii which are low yielding..
a small amount of twig from the actual tree in the photo in this post was tested (in 1992/3) and did contain 0.5%-0.7% DMT (& maybe NMT) ..also worth noting that Spice Sailor (who reported 0.4%) is within 100km or so of the original CSIRO maidenii test site..

look forward to more exciting new results here at the Nexus..!

ps INDEX now just on p1, (p11 was starting to confuse me)

acacian
#557 Posted : 6/10/2012 2:00:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the maidenii info nen. perhaps i'll do a test extraction on the one you i.d as maidenii in my neighbourhood? i know you said it was likely a low or zilch tryptamine variety but i think perhaps it would be worth a go. a friend and i are going to go collect from mucronata soon from around the warrendyte area. will post back results after extraction Smile

be well!

acacian
#558 Posted : 6/10/2012 2:08:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

oh one more thing... you mentioned temperature being a factor as well as rainfall. what temperature do you believe is ideal for tryptamine production in acacias? and if nothing exact would you lean towards warmer or cooler?

Gowpen
#559 Posted : 6/10/2012 1:49:21 PM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

Just to show some hard to ID charecteristics of Acuminata...
Photos 1 & 4 ARE Acuminata typical variant.
Photos 2 & 3 are look-a-likes and I have no idea what they are....
Close up of 1 & 4 reveal horizontal striations on the bark .
Also, with a magnify glass, 1 & 2 have very small hairs on the edges of the phyllodes.
Hope this helps.
Gowpen attached the following image(s):
4-1.jpg (52kb) downloaded 572 time(s).
4-2.jpg (51kb) downloaded 568 time(s).
4-3.jpg (54kb) downloaded 567 time(s).
4-4.jpg (54kb) downloaded 568 time(s).
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

acacian
#560 Posted : 6/11/2012 8:46:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well i went for a walk today and ended up getting really lost! ended up a few suburbs away and had no idea where i was. feet are sore was a long walk..
I am really intrigued about the trees in my neighbourhood, I am beginning to think that none of them are floribunda, as they all seem to have a slightly differen't vein structure. this would certainly suggest why I have had so many failed extractions from these trees. But I feel floribunda ay also be a really variable species as if you look at pictures on the net many look completely differen't to each other. I am going to try and get onto the council and find out if the are indeed acacia floribunda.. as i am beginning to think it may be a specific variety that are the tryptamine containers

«PREV2627282930NEXT»