We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
Acacia and Mimosa Identification Thread Options

Acacia subliminata
#61 Posted : 6/5/2012 11:22:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks nen888 for the warm welcome. Here are the photos of the 2 acacias(?) that I have found on my property. Thanks so much for taking a look at them for me, I hope you have better luck than I have in identifying them!
Acacia subliminata attached the following image(s):
Acacia 1.jpg (129kb) downloaded 632 time(s).
Acacia 2.jpg (154kb) downloaded 631 time(s).
Acacia 3.jpg (161kb) downloaded 629 time(s).
Acacia 4.jpg (139kb) downloaded 630 time(s).
Acacia 5.jpg (184kb) downloaded 631 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

cave paintings
#62 Posted : 6/5/2012 8:07:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, I'm no nen here but a couple possibilities might by a.cultriformis, a.notabilis looks a little like it, or a.semilunata.
These guesses are for the non a.saligna looking one.

I was looking through this page http://www.acacia-world....bgenus_phyllodineae.html
as I thought I had seen your acacia yesterday looking through this subsection of the genus that nen had said a few of my acacias I had found were in.
Living to Give

cave paintings
#63 Posted : 6/6/2012 4:25:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here we go nen and others. You didn't ask for it but here it comes! Wink
Prepare for acacia picture inundation.

Hopefully I can figure this whole picture posting thing out so that I can separate the pictures as they were taken.

Ok, forgive the formatting.

1,2 are the flowers of the unidentified acacia in my previous post.

3,4,5 are one tree with the younger one sprouting next to it. (Same species as above? Found near above tree)

6,7,8 are one tree. (Suspected a.saligna?) From here on, the pictures of the acacias I post were all found very near each other on a canyon slope. Some definitely might be the same species but I found so many differing features that I took pictures of many.

9,10,11,12 are all one tree.

Will continue into next post..
cave paintings attached the following image(s):
a.ligulata flower.jpg (118kb) downloaded 664 time(s).
a.ligulata flower2.jpg (87kb) downloaded 669 time(s).
2ndacacia.jpg (105kb) downloaded 664 time(s).
2ndacacia2.jpg (120kb) downloaded 664 time(s).
2ndacaciayoung.jpg (156kb) downloaded 666 time(s).
a.saligna1.jpg (150kb) downloaded 665 time(s).
a.saligna2.jpg (180kb) downloaded 655 time(s).
a.saligna3.jpg (108kb) downloaded 659 time(s).
4thacacia.jpg (155kb) downloaded 655 time(s).
4thacaciaflower.jpg (100kb) downloaded 653 time(s).
4thacacia3.jpg (185kb) downloaded 647 time(s).
4thacacia4.jpg (107kb) downloaded 648 time(s).
Living to Give

cave paintings
#64 Posted : 6/6/2012 4:43:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1,2,3 one tree
4, one tree (sorry for bad photo)
5,6 one tree (a.cultriformis?)
7 one tree (a.cyclops?)

5thacacia.jpg (173kb) downloaded 731 time(s).
5thacacia2.jpg (147kb) downloaded 734 time(s).
5thacacia3.jpg (147kb) downloaded 734 time(s).
6thacacia.jpg (249kb) downloaded 738 time(s).
a.cultriformis.jpg (183kb) downloaded 733 time(s).
a.cultriformis2.jpg (155kb) downloaded 728 time(s).
IMG_4951.JPG (4,646kb) downloaded 727 time(s).
Living to Give

nen888
#65 Posted : 6/6/2012 6:22:43 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..the info keeps on flowing fast..! before i get to Growpen (hang in there mate!Smile,

..briefly, cave paintings, very interesting..the 2nd and 3rd Last pics are
A. podalyriaefolia [see p15], the last may be cyclops or melanoxylon (flowers/pods req.) ..get back to you on the others..and yeah, mesquite has a lot of medicinal uses in N. and S. America..

and Acacia subliminata, thanks for pics, i think the 1st is a form of A. cultriformis (which would be found in your area), again pods will help..other acacias it resembles are A. scapuliformis, believed to be a subspecies of cultriformis: 30–40-flowered heads, and phyllodes 10–30 mm long and 6–15 mm wide..or A. semibinervia ["which is possibly a garden hybrid involving A. pravissima and A. vestita) or sometimes A. buxifolia subsp. buxifolia." W.W.W]..the long phyllode species i'm fairly certain is A. saligna (Western NSW form, which is different to Victorian forms)

acacian
#66 Posted : 6/6/2012 6:26:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the third picture looks like a a falcata or delichiana..
ducking out quickly will post more thorough response in a bit after looking at them closer

nameless
#67 Posted : 6/6/2012 1:16:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Need some ID help please.

Thanks
nameless attached the following image(s):
PICT0016.JPG (1,588kb) downloaded 681 time(s).
PICT0017.JPG (1,757kb) downloaded 676 time(s).
PICT0013.JPG (1,487kb) downloaded 672 time(s).
The problem with wisdom is that it cannot be taught, but ignorance can.

acacian
#68 Posted : 6/6/2012 1:34:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nameless - i strongly suspect that might be Acacia Mangium.. the phyllodes and flower rods look strikingly similar
looks a little like Acacia Bakerii as well.. but i doubt it would be depending on where you live as it is quite rare and it doesn't have the rod like flowers either..

try an extract... I have heard rumours of Acacia Mangium being a reliable DMT source with a fairly high content but I guess you can only find out.. its got the look about it Smile

below is an acacia mangium

Gowpen
#69 Posted : 6/6/2012 2:27:39 PM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

nen888 wrote:

..alright, Growpen bro..be not so forlorn..i think bricklaya summed things up perfectly with:
Quote:
ah man thats really disappointing to hear Gowpen.. I don't think you should give up so easily.. i mean .. you did just recently have success surely thats encouraging.. and the solution you spilled was only from 200g material right? that's no big loss. Personally I think if it interests you so much.. and obviously it does if your willing to go to such lengths as travelling huge distances to get it, whilst doing the miles with the acacia research too, then you should stick at it. Ive spilled dmt saturated solutions before and its a shitty "why do i bother" feeing.... but it doesn't mean it wasn't meant to be. just means I wasn't careful enough Smile and I will be less likely to make that mistake in the future

but hey its up to you Smile table tennis is fun
..is table tennis the same as ping-pong..boy that's a fast game!
..maybe, Growpen it's all about timing..also as i said after bricklaya spilled a brew, i know the feeling, it usually for me comes with over-excitement, and being rushed or not having my focus in one place..it can be hard to do this when you have kids, as i know well Growpen..in my 20s i had the luxury of being able to drive and bush walk every day for a solid two fortnight in search of my first active acacia..with commitments now, time is more pressing..but, in important or tense situations, i like to remember Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jin's advice to the young Obi-Wan in such circumstances..
Quote:
"Relax..."

..so, when i suggest it's about timing, what i mean is, having being so called, and having come this far, there's no rush..
DMT is not like much else..as Pandora (best wishes) once said, it's like the first time you have sex..it's a very special/personal thing..a spiritual thing for most advocates..so, maybe synchronisticly, your guiding subconscious wanted to give you a little more prep time..to take in everything you've learned, and focus an intent..
and besides, like brickie says, 200grams of plant is not such a huge waste..and (i'm a little confused) haven't you already got a little DMT? (the recent white stuff - if it was flat circular needles it could be nmt, would darken..that looks like dmt)

..for some people, once or twice a year is enough to gain a lot of insight from DMT..even Terence McKenna told me he only actually smoked it about four times a year..the crystals you've already got (unless i've missed something) may suffice you for a while..or at least you'll know if you'd like to try it a lot more..
..and having a good pre-planned vaporizing method is important..glass vaporizer/chamber, glass pipe with large round bowl etc..and good set and setting..
..on behalf of my wattle friends (if i'm allowed to be so subjective) i feel that you wouldn't have been called this far to give up, disheartened..

the first time i smoked acacia-dmt i thought (echoing terence): "This is not a drug, it's magic." ..after a year or so i thought: "This is not a molecule, this is something from a tree's blood gone into my brain..."

..lastly, i would recommend to most people, for a first experiment/extraction that they source a known reliable plant
(e.g. A. confusa, A. acuminata, A. floribunda, M. hostilis, P. viridis, P. aquatica 'AQ1') to practice with..saves going through what some acaciaphytes like Growpen have been experiencing lately, which is surely fatiguing..also, is better practice for dealing with lesser known species.

OK, panic over, back on horse.......
What I did have was from Typical variant Acuminata, I say did, because I bio'sd 4 small 10mgs . Very nice CEV's, so it was active. But I am over cautious, and did NOT go for it in one hit. It made me realise that I really need a Vap machine. Oil pipe just not good, and a 2 lt plastic bottle with tin foil on the base is, at the moment, my best option, but still nasty and uncouth. I need a GVG from the USA but they dont send here..... OK. E suggested I make a machine so I will work on that for the time being... However, all you aussies out there, can I ask what you guys (and gals) might use ?
I have some yellow goo left but not sure how to handle it..
Nen..... did you say you met with Terrance ? and that He experienced DMT only 4 times a year.... ?

Brickie, you are real empath, thanks.

Nameless, great to hear from you, this thread is getting bigger than BenHur

Endlessness, I have 6 x2m tall Acuminata (narrow) growing like crazy.... They are really fast growing and are beautiful. I will be self sustaining in a short while, and with the link I put up, to be able to take cuttings from live Acacias, there is only possitive growth comming from this thread. Thanks so much for your encouragement.
Lastly, I donated a few days wages to the Nexus with the donate link. Very secure and annon. I would encourage anybody to do same.. Also, I would love to see merchandise promoted as a fund raising part of Nexus, what do you think. I for one would proudly wear a Nexus Ethenogeic University Hat or T shirt, or use a lighter or GVG sold by Nexus..... Is that out of the question and a bad idea. The Nexus Shop might be a great way, obviously not selling ANYthing illegal of course. Just a thought....
Love you guys... G
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

rahlii
#70 Posted : 6/12/2012 12:02:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nameless wrote:
Need some ID help please.

Thanks

http://www.worldwidewatt...iculiformis.php?id=20546
From where is the noise?

cave paintings
#71 Posted : 6/14/2012 8:37:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey nen and others. Hoping you guys could help me get a definitive ID on some of these friends.

1. suspected a.constricta/white thorn acacia.
2,3. same plant. bad picture! sorry!
4. A.texensis?
5. possibly a mesquite?
6. was growing nearby 1 and suspected same species.

More pictures were taken of most of these if needed for ID, but in the interest of not inflating the thread, I have just put these up for now. Let me know if you need more. I will work more on ID'ing these my self as well when I get a moment, but these next few days may be busy for me. Thanks in advance friends.Smile
constricta.jpg (166kb) downloaded 698 time(s).
acaciawhite.jpg (123kb) downloaded 694 time(s).
whiteacaciapod.jpg (149kb) downloaded 692 time(s).
acaciatropical.jpg (140kb) downloaded 692 time(s).
mesquite2.jpg (156kb) downloaded 687 time(s).
constrictapod.jpg (79kb) downloaded 685 time(s).
Living to Give

C_b_4life
#72 Posted : 6/16/2012 6:16:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone Smile I'm new here it's my first message ... I have found an acacia in my area i live in Israel but this kind come from Australia I think.... So I'm not sure ,but I think it's an cyclops , someone can identify it for me please for sure ?
It has light yellow flowers ball shape and it's 8 m tall ...

nen888
#73 Posted : 6/17/2012 5:39:58 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..alright! cave paintings, that does appear to be A. constricta and A. texensis..i'm sure your last experiments were A. penninervis and a crossbreed..and the last is a Mesquite..

..hey C_b_4life, welcome..the pods and seed aril look like A. cyclops (which is recorded in the middle-east and southern europe) ..the tree is unusally tall and shaped..looks very old..and israel-naturalized..two +ve tryptamine reports from A. cyclops..

but hey..lets really try to get the separate Acacia ID Thread going..
then just post tree photos here relating to extraction/tests/bioassay etc..

endlessness
#74 Posted : 6/18/2012 12:26:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To complement (and clean up) the Acacia Information Thread, I am starting this thread so that all Acacia ID requests can be answered here. I will move/merge any related posts here over the next days.

Important: Before posting (or if your post was moved here), please read this

I take the opportunity to ask for an ID help. This is in northern Spain.

The tree is not flowering anymore unfortunately, which is best for identifying I think. IIRC it had round yellow flowers in winter/spring. It's a tree of about 5m maybe, not bushy like some Acacias i've seen in nen's thread.

The main possibilities that I came across are Acacia dealbata or Acacia decurrens, given the fact they are both in europe, and my amateur first look at how phyllodes and seedpod looks from internet image searches.

I collected a small amount of phyllodes, boiled in lemon water, filtered, will base and pull with some non-polar and test with TLC to see if there are any alkaloids later this week.
endlessness attached the following image(s):
acacia1.JPG (379kb) downloaded 835 time(s).
acacia 2.JPG (411kb) downloaded 835 time(s).
acacia 3.JPG (391kb) downloaded 835 time(s).
Acacia 4.JPG (474kb) downloaded 835 time(s).

dhzer0
#75 Posted : 6/18/2012 12:59:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Okay, so here are the pics.. Tried to get them while they were flowering but, these flowers just disappear so quickly..
hope you guys can help me identify these trees..

Then, even though I'm not sure about the identity of the tree, I still managed to obtain some bark... and shredded it. By the way, guys, if you getting your own bark, or twigs and leaves then please do save up and get yourselves a shredder!! that "MEAN yet gentle" machine works wonders!!

OH, and those mimosa behind the fence.. I cannot get get access to them, but if they are what I hope them to be, then perhaps I will find a way in.

dhzer0 attached the following image(s):
170620121773_resize.jpg (179kb) downloaded 818 time(s).
170620121780_resize.jpg (165kb) downloaded 815 time(s).
160620121766_resize.jpg (171kb) downloaded 810 time(s).
160620121767_resize.jpg (193kb) downloaded 813 time(s).
170620121783_resize.jpg (130kb) downloaded 802 time(s).
170620121784_resize.jpg (120kb) downloaded 802 time(s).
170620121781_resize.jpg (90kb) downloaded 803 time(s).
170620121785_resize.jpg (121kb) downloaded 803 time(s).
170620121782_resize.jpg (139kb) downloaded 804 time(s).
170620121786_resize.jpg (117kb) downloaded 804 time(s).
170620121788_resize.jpg (91kb) downloaded 801 time(s).
170620121790_resize.jpg (71kb) downloaded 802 time(s).
170620121791_resize.jpg (81kb) downloaded 798 time(s).
170620121796_resize.jpg (85kb) downloaded 799 time(s).
170620121797_resize.jpg (98kb) downloaded 793 time(s).

Gowpen
#76 Posted : 6/18/2012 12:26:50 PM

WOW.... what can I say, Only.. that looks way more than personal use... AND its from a tree that is not even identified.
Quote.

"Then, even though I'm not sure about the identity of the tree, I still managed to obtain some bark... and shredded it. By the way, guys, if you getting your own bark, or twigs and leaves then please do save up and get yourselves a shredder!! that "MEAN yet gentle" machine works wonders!!"

You could have tested 6 or 8 phyllodes to see if it contained any DMT before you hacked off such large amounts of bark.
Looks like you have taken the outer bark anyway.........It will take years for that tree to recover.
Sorry, but not my idea of sustainable personal use.. Ummm

If I were a mod, I would bump you my friend..

nameless
#77 Posted : 6/18/2012 1:01:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I agree Gowpen, there is absolutely no excuse for what was done to that tree. Greed or stupidity, either way there is no excuse.
The problem with wisdom is that it cannot be taught, but ignorance can.

Gowpen
#78 Posted : 6/18/2012 1:11:29 PM

nameless wrote:
I agree Gowpen, there is absolutely no excuse for what was done to that tree. Greed or stupidity, either way there is no excuse.

Thank you nameless, I'm not a lone wolf then !
Please see this post dhzer0
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=357416#post357416

dhzer0
#79 Posted : 6/18/2012 9:29:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Woah.... you guys make me feel so bad. but you all right, I should've tested some phyllodes first. I havn't started any testing yet though. I'm new in this process and I feel that I have made a mistake in a way that I should've obtained more research on going about how to test these acacia species. I won't let this happen again, I'm sorry. I know "sorry" does not put the bark back on the tree but perhaps you guys would have the heart to forgive a brother?
I'm gana start researching now after this post.
peace and love.
peace.jpg (8kb) downloaded 739 time(s).

dhzer0
#80 Posted : 6/18/2012 9:49:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey Guys,
I came across these acacia along the coast of South Africa,
Through searches on the web I'm thinking one of the two species could be that of acacia longifolia or acacia obtusifolia
Any ideas perhpas??? sorry but couldn't get a picture of them flowering..
thank you.

180620121799_resize.jpg (205kb) downloaded 743 time(s).
180620121800_resize.jpg (216kb) downloaded 740 time(s).
180620121801_resize.jpg (185kb) downloaded 740 time(s).
180620121802_resize.jpg (211kb) downloaded 742 time(s).
180620121803_resize.jpg (201kb) downloaded 744 time(s).

«PREV23456NEXT»