We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
coordination unaffected by cannabis/shrooms? Options

WEM
#1 Posted : 6/2/2012 5:54:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This is just one of the things that I find amusement in. Ever since I was a little kid, I could juggle, nothing too skilled, just three balls and your standard juggling patterns. I don't juggle for money, I just do it for fun. One of the things that I discovered once after smoking cannabis, I could still juggle just as well, sometimes better. It's not that I can all of the sudden be able to juggle more than 3 at a time, or something like that. It's that I don't make as many drops, and I can juggle non stop for longer (sober I can juggle about 150-300 catches, while on cannabis I've lost count at 400 or more). I was also able to juggle just a well as being sober after I had 4g of shrooms.

What I am wondering, is would this be an example of cannabis not affecting eye-hand coordination, or is just an example of muscle memory being able to continue without error for longer? In a way you need both for juggling so it could also be a combination of the two.

Anyone else have similar experiences?
A dramatic shift approaches...

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

۩
#2 Posted : 6/2/2012 6:00:57 PM

This is called dexterity, and it can be exercised just like anything else. I find cannabis helps with dexterity, but LSD seems to be one of the better drugs for this in my experience. I am not a juggler, but I am a musician.

WEM
#3 Posted : 6/2/2012 6:08:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Dexterity, that's the word I couldn't think of, it was presque vu. I too play an instrument, i however have not had the opportunity to play my tenor sax after smoking cannabis, but I do plan on trying it eventually.

۩
#4 Posted : 6/2/2012 6:12:26 PM

John Coltrane and Charlie Parker would approve.

WEM
#5 Posted : 6/2/2012 6:18:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up

VoidTraveler
#6 Posted : 6/2/2012 10:34:27 PM

Traveler's pet cactus

Senior Member | Skills: Harm reduction

I've watched my youngest brother play Modern Warfare 3 completely stoned out of his skull(mind you, I was sitting next to him and was pretty incapable of moving) and he was pretty much stomping everyone on that server. He's quite a good player, I think he usually ranks in the top 5 but during those moments he was always first or second.

On the other hand, he smoked a lot for 6 years so I assume he had quite the tolerance. And him being quite adept at playing games under influence of cannabis might've fine tuned his skills.
The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital to space travel.

endlessness
#7 Posted : 6/2/2012 10:41:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I get really clumsy on cannabis, but with acid I feel in amazing control of my body and fine movements, significantly more-so than when sober, as I have proved to myself through experimenting in all sorts of different ways. I guess each substance works it's particular way depending on the person.

jamie
#8 Posted : 6/2/2012 11:28:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I used to get off work and have joints already rolled with my snowboard in the trunk and drive up to the mountain(I live in a ski city) every day when I had season passes. I would smoke the whole time on the chairlifts and then go ride the park, halfpipe, race with my friends etc..sometimes we would go hike backcountry really baked and ride also..kind of dangerous I guess but we had been doing it for a long time and knew the mountain well. I always found that it would enhance my riding.

I have learned many many tricks on my skimboard while super stoned and probly while on mushrooms also. I used to eat mushrooms often and skimboard..mostly I skim sober now though and trip at home.
Long live the unwoke.

Guyomech
#9 Posted : 6/3/2012 4:46:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

They once disqualified an Olympic smowboard champion for smoking weed before a run. They couldn't guarantee that it wasn't some kind of performance enhancer in the snowboard context (relaxed, focused- I bet it would be)

I tattoo for a living, and have had maybe a half dozen non- stoned sessions in the past decade. The weed provides not only the relaxed focus needed for 8 hours of concentration, but it also simply keeps the project more interesting, as I find myself examining the problem from a more creative array of perspectives. Less boring, in other words.

I also love to tattoo on acid, provided its under 300ug, where my work ethic starts falling apart. At smaller doses I feel an enhanced sensitivity to the medium- every strike of the needle is clear; I can feel the gradient of resistance change as I stretch and relax the skin... All this highly technical subtle sensory detail, balanced in a harmonic unity. I become the tattoo, the machine hitting the skin.

I only do this on folks who know what I'm up to.

Walter D. Roy
#10 Posted : 6/3/2012 5:11:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I always get way more creative when playing my bass on cannabis. I tend to see, and feel, different patterns that I can use. And my improv tends to become much more creative. This is also when I draw, or sit down to write. I can concentrate more, and problem solve much more creatively.
The Unknown = A Place to Learn

jamie
#11 Posted : 6/3/2012 8:12:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Guyomech wrote:
They once disqualified an Olympic smowboard champion for smoking weed before a run. They couldn't guarantee that it wasn't some kind of performance enhancer in the snowboard context (relaxed, focused- I bet it would be)

Ross Rebagliati..he is from whistler right near me..and I think they did give him back his medal eventually.

He claimed at the time that he was only in a room at a party with people smoking cannabis so that must be why he tested positive....well..lol okay..Smile This is BC everyone smokes at least sometimes. I am sure Ross does too.
Long live the unwoke.

lyserge
#12 Posted : 6/3/2012 9:18:37 AM

polyfather anomalous

Have you tried whirling/twirling/spinning, like the dervishes of the Far East? They say it leads to the "heavenly abodes".

"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland