We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Time from substrate sterilization to innoculation Options

Pup Tentacle
#1 Posted : 5/31/2012 5:39:42 PM

lettuce

I have a quick question. I'm having my first go at growing some cubes. Last night I made up my little jars with verm and brf and sterilized them. Now the question... can they sit more than 24 hours afterward before innoculation? My spores haven't arived yet (thought they would).

Thanks for the help
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 5/31/2012 5:45:03 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

they're viable up to 3 weeks on the shelf, assuming they're clean and don't have excessive moisture ("wet-spots" )
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Pup Tentacle
#3 Posted : 5/31/2012 5:52:44 PM

lettuce

Thank you kindly
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

behindthelight
#4 Posted : 6/2/2012 3:52:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

yeah, you will be fine