We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Comparisons between Iboga and Ayahuasca Options

christian
#21 Posted : 5/23/2012 11:25:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You're most likely right Jamie. Please excuse my silly sense of humour, with my last post. Of course Ayahuasca has it's valid place. I'm sure Iboga has one too, but they are both special and sacred IMO. Wink

EDIT: One of the wonders of Iboga is supposedly getting direct answers to any questions you ask, and this supposedly can happen in the first session, and every session. This aspect of Iboga intrigues me the most. I don't know if this is true for Ayahuasca. If this is true for Iboga, then it must have tremendous appeal for those that want to quickly get to grips with their past, get answers, and move forward. Cool
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jdubs
#22 Posted : 5/29/2012 6:25:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma said:

Quote:
I've got to say I'm fascinated by this Uchu Sananho aka Tabernaemontana sananho and how it used by itself and alongside ayahuasca.

Ive got a brew with a small amount of Tabernaemontana sananho in it. 25g in a 500g strong caapi and chaliponga brew. It makes your bones chill for some minutes as the Chaliponga kicks in.

Definately noticeable. Slightly uncomfortable, but the pay off is worth it. Sweet release from its weird grip.

The relief enhances the light, making it quite euphoric when the chills wear off.
"Mama matrix most mysterious." James Joyce

"The next great step toward a planetary holism is the partial merging of the technologically transformed human world with the Archaic matrix of vegetable intelligence that is the Transcendent Other." Terence McKenna

Forgive, you'll live longer.

polytrip
#23 Posted : 5/30/2012 2:41:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Funny that all of a sudden, a lot of people are talking about this Banesteriopsis Muricata plant. As if it´s discovery is a recent event.

The way in wich people describe it make it seem as if it´s effects are somehow in between those of iboga and those of caapi.

Very interesting.

jamie
#24 Posted : 5/30/2012 6:14:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

polytrip wrote:
Funny that all of a sudden, a lot of people are talking about this Banesteriopsis Muricata plant. As if it´s discovery is a recent event.

The way in wich people describe it make it seem as if it´s effects are somehow in between those of iboga and those of caapi.

Very interesting.

I have not found muricata to be much different from caapi to be honest, I really love it though..just that it is much more powerful than what I am used to(other than this weird vine I have from maya that I suspect might not be caapi). The alicia is the one that felt more different from caapi..the alicia had a darker vibe in a way..hard to explain. The tests endless did would back this up..muricata seems to contain harmine, harmaline and THH..alicia contains none of those..

Personally, right now my preferred choice of harmalas is actaully still rue. I love rue and honestly it is the cleanest and clearest for me..at least atm. I am going to only work with more purified extracts for the next little while because at the levels I want to reach anyway I can get so much nausea for up to a day that I cant process as much durring the actaul experience.

I want to go deeper with the cleanest, clearest trip possible. I think we can improve upon the amazonian techniques to be honest..and so I will explore muricata and alicia this summer with alakloid extractions and full spectrum admixture extracts..and lots of rue harmalas. Poor rue gets left out far too often. I love rue..

Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#25 Posted : 5/30/2012 6:35:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

see this is why I think a lot of this is just personal preferance..because I cant purge with caapi any more than I can with rue. I have had some horrid times with caapi where I am sick for 24 hours and I try to purge and just cant..then I have had times with rue where I can purge effortlessly..and vice versa. It seems that way for me.

Either way I just love them all..I love beta carbolines and all the plants that carry them. Most often I mix them all together. I mixed rue, white vine, alicia vine with chalipong and mimosa on the eclipse..that was a very nice mixture.

My personal take on this after drinking ayahuasca a couple hundred times and working with other teachers is that these alkaloids have just as much spirit as the plants do. If we are truely animists this should be a given..I think that the messages imparted in these experiences are from a connection to a larger planetary or galactic mind-system..or something like that. These alkalids are put forth all throughout the natural system by the intelligence of the planet, and nature in general..it is beyond any one plant spirit being above another etc..I see them as pheremones almost that occur again and again all throughout the planet so that mammals can ingest them and tap into the planetary information systems.

I dont buy into the idea that the natives have the upper hand really. I think what they have is a context that many of us in the west lack and for that they should be respected..but I still think that we can improve upon some aspects..and it is not a linear thing like this is better than that etc..it should never come to that..that is the left brain gone insane..but there are things that we can do that they have never done.

Ask endless about how the shaman that he gave DMT to felt about it..he loved it. I have heard many stories of shamans smoking DMT with gringos and just loving the stuff. When Hoffman gave Maria Sabina pure psilocybin she loved it and claimed he had isolated the mushrooms spirit..Narajno brought the amazonians LSD in exchange for ayahuasca and they loved the stuff and claimed it was powerful medicine.. At the same time I am sort of over having stomach cramps and being sick for hours when I want to reach the depth of experience that I crave at this point. Sure levels lower than that it is not such a big deal...but at real large doses it is. Purging is fine and it is healing..but it does at times get in the way of deeper processing. There is no reason why being sick should take priority..it is just one of the methods available and it certainly has it's advantages. I have been brewing for years and done this hundreds of times. I dont think there is something the natives do with brewing that I have yet to try. I do know that I can purify my extractions more while still retaining the full sprectrum integrity of the plant and that allows for deeper processing of the experience due to less physical distraction. Ayahuasca is just a crude extraction, and to a certain extent can be improved upon in my opinion. In a way I am very interested in the "spirits" of the molecules for the time being. I love crystals and think discovery is part of this alchemy.

I want to move foreward and discover new things. I dont want to remain stuck in the same spot I was prior. Indigenous peoples are not gods. They are people like you and I. We all have the knowledge inside of us and the same potantial. I dont like putting them on some pedistal above us in the west. It is time we stop piggybacking in a way and find our own light. In this way we loose nothing but gain something to share with the cultures we learn so much from.
Long live the unwoke.

joedirt
#26 Posted : 5/31/2012 1:17:29 AM

Not I

jamie wrote:

I want to move foreward and discover new things. I dont want to remain stuck in the same spot I was prior. Indigenous peoples are not gods. They are people like you and I. We all have the knowledge inside of us and the same potantial. I dont like putting them on some pedistal above us in the west. It is time we stop piggybacking in a way and find our own light. In this way we loose nothing but gain something to share with the cultures we learn so much from.

^^Exactly.

If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

jamie
#27 Posted : 5/31/2012 4:14:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was not saying that you said they were gods kambo..I was just being sort of sarcastic. I understand your point of view and I spent a long time working with these plants in that way and understand the advantages.. I dont take DMT by itself either..not that I dont like it, just that with some harmalas it is a deeper and more meaningful experience for me.

I just dont like the whole top to bottom scale I see often in a broader sense among the entheo community. I have been thinking about this often lately. The whole plant vs chemical debate is endless and I think it only serves to seperate people within an already fringe community. This is the last thing this community needs and to be honest the whole debate is just rediculous at this point. I have heard so much pharma, DMT and extraction bashing come from the ayahuasca community and I find it to be a self limiting paradigm.
I feel the same way about idealizing jungle shamans etc too much. I think we have our ways here and we do have some things that we can share with them. Science is not all bad..though I am more interested in alchemy than anything else at this point so I dont really have a problem with the idea that a crystalized DMT or harmine molecule can have an animate spirit of its own..spirit is within everything.

I find it funny how in the ayahuasca community there is so much talk from people who probly make half this crap up about purified pharma extracts having no spirit and not being medicine and all this bs..yet if you take one look at the iboga community one thing you notice right away is that most of these providers are using either total alkloid extracts..or pure ibogaine synthed from precursers extracted from voacanga africana..it is hard to deny the ammount of healing that has come from this. Spirit of iboga?..spirit of ibogaine?..or spirit of iboga alkaoids? Does it even matter? What matters is that people are getting what they need. Anything else is just talk.

I have similar feelings about comparisons between these things also..it is fine to do so but I mean, I think it is all subjective. People can go on forever about why ayahuasca is better than iboga..or why iboga is better than peyote or why san pedro is better than mushrooms etc..

For me, mushrooms are so close to my heart..but that is just my thing I guess. I love them to death and always will. DMT and mushrooms have always been by 2 closest allies. I also feel that salvia divinorum is largly underrated though and that most people never really use it to it's full potential..

I think everyone should just follow their intuition..and if that is what you are doing than you just keep doing it.
Long live the unwoke.

PREV12