We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
FASA method for bufotenine extraction? would this work? Options

lorax
#1 Posted : 11/21/2008 2:18:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

could one skip the evaporating step and instead use the FASA method to salt it out? could the bufotenine fumarate be converted to the freebase with the same conversion tek as the spice?

has anyone ever experimented with bufotenine fumarate?
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 11/21/2008 3:18:29 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

It may work actually and it may work really beautifully, giving much cleaner product!

One just needs to try that...

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 11/21/2008 4:27:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIMs on it
it's a sound

69ron
#4 Posted : 11/21/2008 6:16:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes it works. It actually works better than with DMT. But if you're extracting your bufotenine from Yopo, a whole bunch of other fumarate alkaloids come out of the acetone along with bufotenine fumarate. Some of those other alkaloids cause unpleasant side effects.

The same thing works with citric acid for bufotenine, except it creates a goo instead of crystals. Either way you get bufotenine plus some other unpleasant alkaloids. So while it helps to purify the alkaloids, it doesn’t help remove the toxic ones.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

lorax
#5 Posted : 11/22/2008 9:37:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

would there be a way of removing the toxic ones from it? would one be able to freebase it and might it be that the toxic ones would be left behind in this step?
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

69ron
#6 Posted : 11/22/2008 10:17:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Probably not. SWIM already tried that using citric acid in acetone. But it might work using fumaric acid, but I doubt it.

The only thing SWIM knows that works to get rid of the unknown toxic alkaloids is to use column chromatography. With this trick the toxins get stuck to the silica and won't pass through. It works beautifully.

You don’t really need to know anything about column chromatography to do it.

These are the exact steps (this is actually dry vacuum flash chromatography):

1) Fill a narrow 30 mm wide glass Büchner funnel (the kind with a frit and straight sides) with 5 cm high of flash chromatography silica gel. Your Büchner funnel should be sitting on top of a large filter flask with a vacuum pump connected to it. Place a filter paper on top of the silica to prevent it from moving when you pour solvent into the silica.

2) Dissolve 1000 mg of mixed alkaloids in a 3:1 mix of ethyl acetate to methanol. Use as little solvent as possible. Pour it carefully on top of the silica, trying not to disturb it. Let the solvent sink into the silica by applying some vacuum until it just goes into the silica and then stop the vacuum.

3) Turn on the vacuum and immediately pour 50-100 ml of ethyl acetate through the funnel, being careful not to disturb the silica. The solvent should come out and appear yellow or amber. This will contain DMT N-Oxide, and possibly some DMT or 5-MeO-DMT, depending on the seeds used. Evaporate this to get these alkaloids and some amber material.

4) With the vacuum on, pour 50-100 ml of a 1:1 mix of ethyl acetate to methanol through the funnel. The liquid should come out and appear more amber than yellow. This will contain your bufotenine. Evaporate this to get nearly pure bufotenine, and some amber material.

It’s simpler than it sounds and works very well. All of the toxins are in the dark brown color that stays stuck in the silica.

There may be other ways to get rid of the toxins, but SWIM hasn’t found another way yet.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Jorkest
#7 Posted : 11/26/2008 3:53:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM is gonna try the fumarate precip method with this..will report back
it's a sound

lorax
#8 Posted : 12/9/2008 11:39:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

one would probably need to know more about the toxins which are contained in the seeds. that way we could maybe find a better way to get rid of them. any news jorkest?

Jorkest
#9 Posted : 12/9/2008 3:23:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it worked...but SWIM thinks his seeds are bunk..he hasnt gotten crap back from them
it's a sound

Ethnochemist
#10 Posted : 1/26/2009 2:06:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

EDIT: Nevermind. SWIM read the bufotenine extraction thread....the boiling Xylene tek looks promising. He'll try it in 3 weeks.

E.C.

sentient
#11 Posted : 2/4/2009 1:48:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I hope to see some pics of results, and a working easy to follow tek. Swim will be trying DMT first it looks like XD
I am in fact a compulsive liar. Anything I say should be regarded as delusional ramblings, and are 100% fictional.